JWRodegher
-

portfolio
Jonathan W Rodegher
Lead Lighter
Brown Bag films
Dublin, Ireland

Send a message via AIM to JWRodegher Send a message via MSN to JWRodegher
I saw it in 3d and I didn't notice it was post convertion (I don't have such a great eye for it though, so take my opinion with a graint of salt). 3D was good, I saw the real D version and it looked cristal clear all the time. Depth effect was intense in some shots and it added a little something. I wouldn't mind watching it in 2d though, I'm not a fan of 3d (it was either watch it in 3d or dubbed, 3d it is...)

Old 04-28-2012, 03:02 AM   #62
nsb
Frequenter
-
Melbourne, Australia

Thought it wsa a fun flick mainly due to the hulk. Everything about his scenes were awesome especially the humor.

Old 04-28-2012, 03:35 AM   #63
webhead
Expert

Very glad to hear the Hulk was great in this flick! How about Bruce Banner? Without giving away anything, did Ruffalo make a good Bruce Banner?

Old 04-28-2012, 04:59 AM   #64
jigu
FlakMaster!

portfolio
Jignesh Jariwala
3D/VFX Artist
Freelance
surat, India

Send a message via Yahoo to jigu
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypercube
Without getting into spoilers, any of you who saw it, see it in 3D? What was your thought on the quality of 3D?

I am curious because there have been raves about the 3D, from "regular folks".. I know it was a post-conversion, but with all the vfx work being at such a high level I have hopes the conversion might have been done well, too.

I watched in RealD 3D and found it distracting. I am going to go for 2D again. So I am going to avoid all post conversion 3d movies in future.

Old 04-28-2012, 08:12 AM   #65
AJ
Totoro

CGTalk Forum Leader
portfolio
Alex Jefferies
Director
MDI Digital Ltd
Norwich, United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by webhead
How about Bruce Banner? Without giving away anything, did Ruffalo make a good Bruce Banner?
I thought he was excellent. Although my opinion may be biased as a cannot stand Ed Norton

I completely agree with Tamas's review. It made me want to book tickets again!

Old 04-28-2012, 12:57 PM   #66
webhead
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ
I thought he was excellent. Although my opinion may be biased as a cannot stand Ed Norton

Good to hear it! Didn't much care for Norton in the role myself. I can't figure out why some people not only thought Norton was great in the role, but they also thought that veiny and rubbery looking Hulk in the last movie was great, too. I thought both didn't work.

Old 04-28-2012, 03:51 PM   #67
halfPintMike
Timshel

portfolio
Timothy Augustine
Chennai, India

I saw the movie today.

I guess, I am one of the few who had a slight underwhelming feeling after the movie.

I found the first half of the movie rather tedious but it quickly gains momentum towards the end. But somehow the first half of it pulls the entire thing down for me a bit

But apart form that, the visual effects were great. Hulk and Ironman's suit were terrific! And I was amazed at the amount of assets that they must have created for the movie!

And judging by the sounds, I think the the rest of the theater had some serious fun today
Shape from that thy work of art.
-Longfellow

Old 04-28-2012, 04:40 PM   #68
mfanyikazi
Frequenter

portfolio
Alfred Muchilwa
Nairobi, Kenya

StarkFest 2012... sorry... Avengers... thoroughly entertaining summer flick. Still not convinced what value 3D adds to the experience, it pulled me out of the narrative severally.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:36 PM   #69
webhead
Expert

Long live the King!

Old 04-28-2012, 11:15 PM   #70
Laa-Yosh
Edge looper

Tamas Varga
Lead character modeler
Digic Pictures
Hungary

Quote:
Originally Posted by webhead
Very glad to hear the Hulk was great in this flick! How about Bruce Banner? Without giving away anything, did Ruffalo make a good Bruce Banner?

Marvel would have to be mad not to make a third Hulk movie. The audience will demand it.

Old 04-28-2012, 11:33 PM   #71
webhead
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laa-Yosh
Marvel would have to be mad not to make a third Hulk movie. The audience will demand it.

Yeah, but now they will really have to make the solo movies of these characters that much more engaging, or they could be a let down when compared to the pulse-pounding action of THE AVENGERS! Once that bar is set...

Last edited by webhead : 04-28-2012 at 11:42 PM.

Old 04-29-2012, 05:00 AM   #72
Lars3D
Frequenter

portfolio
Lars Oomen
3D Technical Artist
Calgary, Canada

I am probably one of few that really enjoyed the first Hulk movie. I thought it followed the comic quite well, and Eric Bana did a really god job at being Bruce banner. The second on on the other hand felt like a letdown. Curious what the hulk will be like in the Avengers.

Old 04-29-2012, 05:52 AM   #73
webhead
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars3D
I am probably one of few that really enjoyed the first Hulk movie. I thought it followed the comic quite well, and Eric Bana did a really god job at being Bruce banner. The second on on the other hand felt like a letdown. Curious what the hulk will be like in the Avengers.
I liked the way the Hulk looked in the first film more than I did in the second film. I also preferred Eric Bana's Bruce Banner to Ed Norton's. He seemed more sympathetic. I liked the first Betty better than the second, as well. However, there were a lot of things I hated about first Hulk movie. I thought all the stuff with his crazy father was really terrible. I also didn't like how the Hulk would get almost as big as King Kong. Those are some really stretchy pants let me tell you! Neither film had very likable characters really. No stand outs like Robert Downey, Jr. as Tony Stark in Iron Man.
As far as the Hulk in The Avengers goes, word is he is steals the show. Eager to see for myself.

Last edited by webhead : 04-29-2012 at 05:59 AM.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:14 AM   #74
kelgy
Stranger in Town

portfolio
Kel G
Professionally unemployed
Surrey, Canada

I liked some of the compositions in the first Hulk otherwise couldnt stand it. King Kong Hulk. Nick Nolte's poodles. Didnt like Bana either.
But I didnt care for Norton either.
Bill Bixby owns the role as far as I am concerned.

I did like the general scope of the 2008 movie--not so comical as Iron Man, but seemed a little pedestrian. Didnt have an "up the ante" feeling to the fight scenes and Tim Roth looked like he phoned in the performance.At least it wasnt a "Starkfest."

I read Lou Ferrigno does the Hulk growls--funny that he didnt do them in the original series-the butler on the Addams Family did.

Old 04-29-2012, 04:15 PM   #75
webhead
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelgy
I read Lou Ferrigno does the Hulk growls--funny that he didnt do them in the original series-the butler on the Addams Family did.
The butler did it! I could tell it was Ted Cassidy's (Lurch) voice doing the VO for the opening of the Hulk TV series, but I never knew he did all the growling for the Hulk, as well.
He also did Godzilla's roar for the Godzilla animated series because Toho wouldn't let the producers use the roar from the original films, though they dubbed it in when the series played in Japan. Recognized Ted Cassidy's voice in some of the other old cartoons, too. A man of all trades.

Thread Closed share thread