Alfonso Cuaron's "Gravity"

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2012
Angry Alfonso Cuaron's "Gravity"

Never mind, turned out to be a fake one (thanks leigh for clarifying). However, for the curious here is some info here.

UPDATE : Final Trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUZr2SCNods

Last edited by noizFACTORY : 09 September 2013 at 05:58 PM.

04 April 2012
He's a good director. But this teaser shows almost nothing. Its very hard to tell from it what kind of film this will wind up being.

04 April 2012
is this a real teaser? cause it bored the hell out of me
i couldnt have had spend those seconds worse

04 April 2012
Yes, I had to check few times to make sure this wasn't a fan made video because it just looks like one. Well, I've liked most of his work so hopefully this won't disappoint.

04 April 2012
That's not an official teaser, and frankly I wish Youtube would pull it for misrepresentation.

I know because I've been working on the film for over a year, and there has been NO teaser or trailer yet.

04 April 2012
Originally Posted by leigh: That's not an official teaser, and frankly I wish Youtube would pull it for misrepresentation.

I know because I've been working on the film for over a year, and there has been NO teaser or trailer yet.

Thanks, good to know for sure. Because for me, this "teaser" just looks like some NASA photos & videos cut together.

04 April 2012
Originally Posted by leigh: That's not an official teaser, and frankly I wish Youtube would pull it for misrepresentation.

No wonder it was so amateur looking. Thanks for clarifying leigh. I've updated the post accordingly.

04 April 2012
Like Leigh, I've been working on this film for quite a while now and I have to confess that it's been a very long time since I've been genuinely excited about being a part of a Hollywood project.
'Gravity' is really going to be something special.

04 April 2012
This is probably the film I'm most looking forward to. I think we're going to get "Event Horizoned" by Prometheus (cool premise, great trailers, shit movie), but Gravity sounds very interesting. CoM is one of the my favorite films of the last couple decades, so it will be interesting to see what Cuaron does with his A-list cast and spaceship setting. Hopefully better than Solaris (but then that wouldn't be so difficult).

04 April 2012
Originally Posted by leigh: I know because I've been working on the film for over a year, and there has been NO teaser or trailer yet.

Originally Posted by DutchDimension: Like Leigh, I've been working on this film for quite a while now and I have to confess that it's been a very long time since I've been genuinely excited about being a part of a Hollywood project.

do you know if they have enough shots for a teaser trailer in may?

and is this true?
http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/23...g-animated-film

04 April 2012
Originally Posted by ice-boy: do you know if they have enough shots for a teaser trailer in may?

and is this true?

I can neither confirm or deny. NDA and all. But suffice it to say that I'm very excited about the film.

04 April 2012
Cuaron is the man!

04 April 2012
Originally Posted by ice-boy: do you know if they have enough shots for a teaser trailer in may?

and is this true?

Thanks for that link! Really looking forward to this one.

Quote: Like Leigh, I've been working on this film for quite a while now and I have to confess that it's been a very long time since I've been genuinely excited about being a part of a Hollywood project.

Good to hear that! Children of Men was a rare thing and I'm sure Gravity won't disappoint either

05 May 2013
Apparently the first trailer is finally making an appearance tomorrow, and a short commercial for Entertainment Tonight is showing a few snippets of it:

http://www.slashfilm.com/gravity-fi...anded-in-space/

The amount of VFX in this film is pretty crazy. Even their spacesuits are CG.

05 May 2013
Originally Posted by leigh: The amount of VFX in this film is pretty crazy. Even their spacesuits are CG.

Yeah, my estimate would be that about 85-90% of the film is CG.
Hard to believe in retrospect that it's been almost three years since I first joined the project (and 7 months since finishing) and only just now a trailer is released. WB sure took their time with this one.

Anyway, excited and apprehensive to find out what people will think about it.

Thread Closed share thread