3D artists Making money on the side...Tell us your ideas..

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

02 February 2018
My average is about 35-100 USD a call and we do about 100-135 calls a month. We do anywhere between 30-40 a week. It breaks down pretty good. We work 2 days a week. So just have 2 big work days to create videos for folks. But we make sure to keep jobs simple, fast and moving quickly. Nothing special.

My turnaround is 10 days but we charge extra if someone wants them done more quickly.

Quote: I would be very interested.
I really need to stop working 16 hours a day.
I have never thought that Fiverr could be so lucrative business.

To be honest I don't think it is as lucrative as it once was. It is a lot harder to build your business. For us, we came in at the perfect time. Still worth a shot. Just make sure to price for your time.
That is why now I'm trying to expand my business to get off of Fiverr.com. I'm building a media company. Videos for business, educational videos/music, comics/movies. One will fund the other. I'm trying to record me doing it from scratch for you guys.

You work 16 hour days? That is hard to do. What are your skill sets? Maybe I can offer you a consultation. I've helped many people turn their skills into a job. I'm on my 4th person now that I have helped get free. Let me know and I can evaluate it for you.

Last edited by ilovekaiju : 02 February 2018 at 03:49 AM.

02 February 2018
I work the past 20 years as a 3D generalist for an advertising company, focusing mostly in technical presentations and arch-viz.
I also take a lot of side jobs of my own. The last couple of years I am trying to build a passive income by publishing after effects templates on Videohive but I have very limited time for this .
I would be happy if I could earn 35-45K a year by working just 8 hours a day.
My personal portfolio: www.sotto3d.com
and my Videohive portfolio: https://videohive.net/user/sotto3d/portfolio

Have a look and please let me know what you think.

02 February 2018
Originally Posted by ilovekaiju: My average is about 35-100 USD a call and we do about 100-135 calls a month. We do anywhere between 30-40 a week. It breaks down pretty good. We work 2 days a week. So just have 2 big work days to create videos for folks. But we make sure to keep jobs simple, fast and moving quickly. Nothing special.

If you're doing 2 days a week, that's 15-30 finished jobs per day. If you're pounding it out over a 10 hour day then that's a finished job every 20-40 mins, minus communication time with client. I can potentially see how that'd work so long as the tasks are templatebased and require little/no rendering. Is that how it breaks down?

02 February 2018
So here is my usual schedule.

Monday and Friday
Get up at 10:00
I prepare scripts for the day 1 - hour
I will edit and render the videos from the previous work day - 4 hours
Then my wife and I record videos - 1-3 hours depending on complexity

We keep videos real simple. One video we can record in about 5 minutes. I upload to my computer, remove noise, green screen and add background and it takes less than 5 minutes. Then hit render.

Trick is to keep things really, really simple and in the more complex areas use macros and templates.

02 February 2018
Quote: I work the past 20 years as a 3D generalist for an advertising company, focusing mostly in technical presentations and arch-viz.
I also take a lot of side jobs of my own. The last couple of years I am trying to build a passive income by publishing after effects templates on Videohive but I have very limited time for this .
I would be happy if I could earn 35-45K a year by working just 8 hours a day.
My personal portfolio:www.sotto3d.com
and my Videohive portfolio:https://videohive.net/user/sotto3d/portfolio

Have a look and please let me know what you think.
Looking at your Arch-Viz work I would start creating some pre-made assets for UE4 marketplace, Unity Marketplace, Realusion, CGtrader, Daz and Poser. Make a house, a room, a city block, storefront. Choose different houses and street blocks from different countries. Post-apocalyptic scenes that they can be uploaded into a game engine and ready to go. Try at least one and then from there see how it sells.

I'd concentrate in areas like Daz and UE4 marketplace. Maybe even Poser and Reallusion where you know folks don't model. I'd really avoid Turbosquid.

02 February 2018
I don't have idea. Please give me some advice please

reply share thread