Where are all the VFX Artists for Film?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

12 December 2017
Where are all the VFX Artists for Film?

I am trying to locate resources where I can find VFX Artists for hire or VFX Supervisors for off and on set production, but I am coming up dry..

I can easily fill in all other roles in film, but I can't seem to find any info on how to get a professional VFX artist. Are most working for VFX Companies and I must contact the VFX Companies to do VFX heavy work or is there any freelancer type source?

I am working up a budget to calculate potential costs in creating this Film Project and VFX is a critical component I would need to get pretty accurately through breaking down the script on what requires CGI, what we need to make it happen, etc, etc.

Over the years, I have been working in film related projects not needing much VFX work done, but I am now ready to work on projects that require heavy VFX work that I wish to look photoreal.

Any leads appreciated!

12 December 2017
The easiest way is to go to UPWORK or GURU Both are services with freelancers and the first one is packed with vfx guys, and girls.
I do not recommend freelancer.com There is a huge amount of lazy people who don't know shit (pardon my french) but sometimes you might get lucky.

Another source with a ton of great artists is vimeo but you probably familiar with this one.

reply share thread