IRON MAN 3 Reviews: An Ironclad Hit That Will Melt Even The Hardest Of Hearts

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2013
Quote: I'm sure that's not the case. Also, Iron Man is not necessarily the man and the suit together, right? After all, IM1 had him suit up like 4 times altogether.

Actually he is the man in the suit. Otherwise he is Tony Stark, billionaire and playboy(well not anymore). That's why I did not care for his little Rambo assault on the mansion where the fake Mandarin was. If I want that kind of action I can get it elsewhere. I am here to see Iron Man kick ass.

And of course Iron Man 1 had to leave enough room for build up, it was the first of a series. And I loved a lot more the bad ass Tony Stark as Iron Man in the Avengers where he had 40 minutes of screen time than this chocking fallen hero that I did not buy and found an overused theme anyway in the last years.

Look it this way, Iron Man never is on top of the situation in this last movie. Never. At the end his lady does the job for him since we are proved that he can't and has no more tricks to throw.

Last edited by Grrrrrrr : 05 May 2013 at 09:55 AM.

05 May 2013
Originally Posted by Grrrrrrr:
Look it this way, Iron Man never is on top of the situation in this last movie. Never. At the end his lady does the job for him since we are proved that he can't and has no more tricks to throw.

I disagree. he was on top of the situation when he fixed his suit with the kid, when he rescued those people falling out of the sky, when he found the Mandarin.

He's human and fallible and i like that

05 May 2013
Originally Posted by Grrrrrrr: Actually he is the man in the suit. Otherwise he is Tony Stark, billionaire and playboy(well not anymore). That's why I did not care for his little Rambo assault on the mansion **SPOILERS** If I want that kind of action I can get it elsewhere. I am here to see Iron Man kick ass.

spoilers dude.

05 May 2013
Originally Posted by Geta-Ve: spoilers dude.

Mate, anyone reading these threads should expect spoilers

05 May 2013
Originally Posted by thethule: Mate, anyone reading these threads should expect spoilers

Why? Because no one has any consideration?

05 May 2013
Generally the review threads after a movie has come out are pretty wide open..sometimes spoiler tags last the first few pages, but then people just roll in after that.

I think it makes sense, if you're reading reviews or talking about a movie after release in a review thread, there's an assumption you've seen it, and it's usually best to avoid those threads.

Spoilers for things like book to movie translations before release, or if someone spoils in a non-review thread are kind of inconsiderate. Like have seen trailer threads turn into review threads after a movie comes out, and that sucks when people are in other countries or territories where release dates can be months apart.

YMMV.

05 May 2013
Originally Posted by hypercube: Generally the review threads after a movie has come out are pretty wide open..sometimes spoiler tags last the first few pages, but then people just roll in after that.

I think it makes sense, if you're reading reviews or talking about a movie after release in a review thread, there's an assumption you've seen it, and it's usually best to avoid those threads.

Spoilers for things like book to movie translations before release, or if someone spoils in a non-review thread are kind of inconsiderate. Like have seen trailer threads turn into review threads after a movie comes out, and that sucks when people are in other countries or territories where release dates can be months apart.

YMMV.

That's a fair point actually. I concede.

05 May 2013
ok, Iron Man 3 is the last marvel hollywood s**t I saw on cinema I'm done with this BS!, basically it is piece of s**t, I don't like how most Hollywood movies dumbed down comic villain characters, for the sake to be accepted by wider audiences.

ok here, no spoiler tag, lesson number one : Mandarin . ... there is no such a thing. basically NO MANDARIN AT ALL dont watch the movie

Last edited by Wongedan : 05 May 2013 at 10:10 PM.

05 May 2013
Don't know if this was mentioned, or not, but one of the things that bothered me about the film was...
[ SPOILER - Click to reveal ]
Spoiler:
Just as soon as Tony Stark would get into a suit of armor, he would suddenly pop out of it. At one point he's jumping in and out of suits of armor like he's playing a game of musical chairs. Tony fighting with only part of his armor on at one point was fun, but there just seemed to be this real effort to have him in his armor as briefly as possible throughout the entire film, as if, RDJ had insisted on more face time on the screen this time around, or maybe, the producers, or the director, wanted to get their money's worth out of their highly paid star. Kind of like how Spider-Man's mask always gets ripped during battles. The filmmaker's always seem to think we have to see the actor's face constantly, or we will forget who's behind the mask. It's annoying.

05 May 2013
Originally Posted by webhead: Don't know if this was mentioned, or not, but one of the things that bothered me about the film was...

well I still think comic characters like this work best in animation not live action.
Too many strings attached. If they hired some relative unknown they could have him in the costume as much as they want but they dont have faith it would draw enough audiences. Or it gets too expensive if its cg enhanced.

I watched Batman Mask of the Phantasm last night and its still works better for me than any of the live action movies.

05 May 2013
I just saw it. It is gigantic!
One of the best super hero flicks to date. What I liked most was the refreshing new elements and twists. I think if you saw the other two then this one is worth seeing and you wont be bored.

I can only imagine that people working on these productions have a genuine love of comics because each time they do a redo it comes out of the hat pretty crisp.

05 May 2013
I think the raid scene is done due to the in joke of the first avengers where "without the suit what are you".

i think the ending is lame.

they missed the boat with mandarin. everybody knows that bin ladin originally a group that was sponsored by cia to fight against the soviet. they could do the same with mandarin. originally just the lackey, but after the death of killian, and everybody think the dust have settled, they could make mandarin far more awesome than killian (soviet unable to attack USA, but bin laden managed to do just that, physically and economically).

i haven't watch 3rd batman yet, but iron man, story wise, didn't stand a chance.

05 May 2013
Show me the money!
http://moviepilot.com/stories/95644...urn-as-iron-man

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi...E/news/?a=79494

05 May 2013
But surely those movies are expensive because of the VFX, and not for the cast and director totalling 150+ mills and a stake in the box office!

05 May 2013
Well to be honest Robert has the leverage here since since he made the character live and he was not just a star in a movie. Just like Depp nailed Sparrow so did Robert as Tony.

Now, the production companies may just say, fuk it and recast but they know the hate that brings.

Thread Closed share thread