Imaginative Figure Workshop #003: Unusual Pets & Their Unusual Owners

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2009
AIR, haha, awesome! Hope you can finish this, love the critter so far.

Edit - btw, it occurs to me that the woman might be knitting 8 pairs of stockings.

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Last edited by Rebeccak : 04 April 2009 at 06:12 PM.

04 April 2009
great progress AIR i like the spider ^_^

04 April 2009
AIR.. Long time no see bro, it will be cool to watch you nut this one out

toe2toe

my 3d prints

04 April 2009
Originally Posted by DaddyMack: lol @ the topic guys... I hurt missing the bunnys run (sold my soul to a client for that month) so hopefully I can do this one with you all

I made this a few years back, I think I'll go for a similar theme but different approach

http://features.cgsociety.org/newga...85206_large.jpg

Looking forward to this thread
Lol, I forgot to mention that this image gave me a chuckle - hoping to see your entry for this one!

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

04 April 2009
Love the 8 pairs stocking idea Rebeccak Il try to incorporate it...
DaddyMack_ true, long time no see,, sure hope to see you crack something aswell

seeya soon with more updates

04 April 2009
Hi everyone,, the spider is finished as far as modeling being concerned,
It was meant for this spider to be naked, just like the sphynx cat's are,,, though, Il probably paint in few hairs of fur in post later when I start wraping it up..
This is what spider looks like..

Now I gotta model the Knitter lady, no sleeping tonight for me :/.....

04 April 2009
woah AIR - you're flying and the spider's great Really like your idea in general!

04 April 2009
AIR, looking awesome. I'm glad I had a kitten instead of him growing up though. Looking forward to the old lady!

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

04 April 2009
Here's the lady wip image,, continue tommorow, tired.

04 April 2009
Cool concept
Hopefully find time to join this one

cheers all
a.

04 April 2009
not a frequenter here, although when i have time i go through the workshops and practice a little=)
always wanted to participate in one but was always too late=))) but im going to go for it now!

my concept is "the wooden puppet and his pet she-goat" this is just the preliminary sketch really, im gonna gel it onto a3 eventually, lots mistakes here...i'd really like some critiques about anatomy and values that is my weak point
didnt use any refrence yet=)

04 April 2009
This is what I have till now,, the idea turned out neat, so Il try and spare few more days on this one.
Knitter lady is nearly completed,, need to finish detailing one hand, then, copy it, and repose, gotta finish the shirt, lot of jewlery and decorations in head and neck,, I got inspired by watching Steve Mccurry photos from his book "Looking east", so this is some lady that could be living in tibet or that area.
The spider is low poly mesh roughly posed to give me idea where his legs would go,, and to get some info about interaction with the lady's skirt, later I will repose original spider.
Gotta make carvings or some sort of relief in the chair,, need to figure out the patterns first..
Aswell as modeling small narrow table with knitted stockings and needles.

Cant wait to get into post/psd phase,, and to see more works from others turning in too.....

04 April 2009
AIR, that's hilarious. I'm going to try to put something up today.

reaveress, welcome, would like to see what this looks like after reference has been used.

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

04 April 2009
Originally Posted by reaveress: not a frequenter here, although when i have time i go through the workshops and practice a little=)
always wanted to participate in one but was always too late=))) but im going to go for it now!

my concept is "the wooden puppet and his pet she-goat" this is just the preliminary sketch really, im gonna gel it onto a3 eventually, lots mistakes here...i'd really like some critiques about anatomy and values that is my weak point
didnt use any refrence yet=)

Hi there!

Im not much of a teacher character my self, but I can tell you what works for me.
Use lot of references in drawing and modeling, look at things as much as you can, observe, compare, then observe some more and compare some more, and when you've seen like 10-20 or 100 goat legs and whatever part of anatomy you intend to use for your she-goat character,, you can start drawing them, that goes for the human part of she goat aswell.
In phase of preliminary sketch I guess it's not necesary, but a good time to start looking for them.
In time, you'l end up doing cool stuff without need of going trough any references,
Although,, I allways prefer having some reference to look at while working.. it's just easier that way, and the chances to get greater results increase, but again, it depends on what your goal is, and what you wanna do.
Looking forward to see your progress!

04 April 2009
thank you for your expansive comment!=) yes i find using refrence extremely useful, although i fear i'm too dependent on it, so sometimes i do something totally refrence-less, and then try to fine-tune it=)

Thread Closed share thread