Imaginative Figure Workshop #002: Post-Apocalyptic Survival Bunny

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2009   #61
Gord-MacDonald, crazy start, heh, going to work this up?

Nekomouse, admirable to do this with your responsibilities, I'd suggest just grabbing a bunch of ref to start to put together the figure. Think about axes (shoulder, hips), centerline of the body etc. Also it might be helfpul to photocollage images / ref together first and then to redraw it.

stridiggio, nice to have you join, I can't tell yet what's happening, I might suggest doing a drawing first? It's up to you, but I always think it's helpful to draw things out a little before tackling a big concept.

2nd WIP - still just messing around, decided to make him decidedly more giant:

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 02 February 2009   #62
I am in ! Don't know if I could work on it this week but I will do it the last week of the workshop... The subject is cool, I love it !
I already saw huge things !
I am quite jealous of your work Michael ! This scene with the girl is so nice !
Cheers guys.

Old 02 February 2009   #63
well thx alot for the guides and guidelines Rebeccak greyscale looks appealing now more then ever befor (didnt like it >.> )
well as there is still alot of work to be done ive decided to turn my image into greyscale (kinda downgrading it abit T_T ) and started working on it to improve it. i think that incompared to the first one and second one its better but still long way to go :

there is still work to be done on the road and buildings and improving the rest of the things on the image.
comments and critiques are welcomed ^_^
and great work on your progress

Last edited by acb12 : 02 February 2009 at 01:06 PM.

Old 02 February 2009   #64
Bunny

Bad quality because I had to take pictures and my scanners not bit enough, but I will update when I scan at school

Old 02 February 2009   #65
Hi folks,

mlutz, I like the contrast, make the bunny more shiny!

Nothingness, that looks pretty promising, not sure about the ears on the back, though...

Rebecca, I can't decide wether your bunny is still cute or already creepy as hell!

so, I took a slightly different approach... it's been on those crazy nights, or, to quote Gene:
Originally Posted by Kiss: These are crazy, crazy, crazy, crazy nights
Sometimes days are so hard to survive, a million ways to bury you alive
The sun goes down like a bad bad dream
Youre wound up tight, gotta let off steam

Anyway, I will concentrate on her (concept) and will give her the full value range. The scene I will give a very narrow value range.

We'll see:

preparatory drawing (from photo reference, added playoby bunny costume)

Old 02 February 2009   #66
Hello again,
Rebeccak: Of course that drawing is very important, I did the homework today . the previous post was a mini dark fuzzy 'brainstorm', very very fuzzy
But here is wich I'm doing:
2nd WIP; Left: Progress after draw, and Right: Drawing with a ballpen on Paper.

I'm watching entries with a cartoon style and also like human-bunny, I don't know if I'm in the wrong direction overall with the concept.

cheers.

Old 02 February 2009   #67
wow stridiggio great progress and i rly liked your idea ^_^ but why does the bunny holds the missle and that planet of some sort ?

Blackxedgexkid- great start i rly like those sketches and looking forward to see the progress on this one

Last edited by acb12 : 02 February 2009 at 08:15 PM.

Old 02 February 2009   #68
WIP #2

will start to do the values on the figure from here (dark to light, the bg will basically stay in this value range with a bit of folds and stuff...)

Also, I will thicken the ink outline a bit more when I am further down the value work.

Old 02 February 2009   #69
ACB12: hey nice concept too!..perhaps needs a bit more contrast for the shadows to get a bit of deep,,also tweak a little the perspective ''just a comment ''. well is not a missle, (the angle is wrong also) it will be a propulsor machine (in progress ) that drives the bunny to the moon, launched before one meteor collides with the Earth. This animal won a raffle among all species on Earth and is the only specie (lucky) to continue the successful life in the universe.

Looking forward,,( )

Old 02 February 2009   #70
Thank you Rebeccak for your words. You are very kind. I am going to listen to your advice, work in grayscale and put colour later.

Here is my rough sketch. I want my bunny to be almost without fur so working on its skin seems to be funny.

Old 02 February 2009   #71
Here's my initial version, after some research and playing with the angles some. It's pretty rough at this point, but feedback would be great.

The story:

The hares have been mutated beyond reason, and have destroyed much of the world. One girl has found a rabbit whose blood will allow them to shrink the massive creatures back to normal, if she can get to HQ in time.

Thanks!

Russ

Old 02 February 2009   #72
Hey everyone, good to see the posts rolling in! Will post individual replies a bit later, my work week just ended and I need me a sandwich!

Keep the work coming!

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 02 February 2009   #73
To learn as I go, I've also been trying lately to do a very rough solid line art over the top of the rough sketch. Then if the lineart makes sense, breaking it down to the simplest ideas, I might be on the right track.

On this one, I need to figure out if the girl should be holding the rabbit with one arm or really grasping it in both.

Old 02 February 2009   #74
Little bit of an update - lots of work to do obviously.

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Last edited by Rebeccak : 02 February 2009 at 07:05 AM.

Old 02 February 2009   #75
Mu: thats a nice progress and a very interesting concept aswell ^_^ and btw will she be wearing cloths or she will be a naked bunny with some cloth items ?

RussellDickerson- thats a rly nice concept and im looking forward to see how yull work this up and i think that in this situation she will be likely to hold it with both of her arms(maybe squeezing it abit ) cuz she will grasp to anything she has cuz shes terriffied of seeing that giant rabbit

stridiggio- thx and i was working on that one since i posted the image and about the perspective ill see what i can do cuz i made a mistake and befor fixing all of the probs on the pic when i had the layers of everything ive changed it to greyscale and ended up with 1 layer which ive worked on .so i wont be going back to befor i made the progress...well ill think of how to work this out
and thats a nice story for the pic too and as when i said comment and critiques are welcomed i ment it so thx again for the comment ^_^

Thread Closed share thread