Imaginative Figure Workshop #002: Post-Apocalyptic Survival Bunny

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2009   #46
Really impressive work Michael!!
Very inspiring!

Old 02 February 2009   #47
Post-Apocalyptic Survival Bunny

__________________________________________________ _____________
Post Apocalyptic Survival Bunny - WIP

Here's my first post of the PASB. I'm going to add some dead soldiers to really add that post-apocalyptic survival emphasis. About 3 hours so far. Comments and critiques appreciated.

Backstory: Horribly mutated by intense gamma radiation, Mr. Snuggles, a former cosmetics test-case, grew to the size of a moderate condominium building. Along with his increase in stature came a thirst for human blood. In the year 2079, it's not the mutated outlaws you should be weary of... It's Mr. Snuggles!!!

Software: Photoshop CS2
Tablet: Wacom Bamboo

seanimated.com

Old 02 February 2009   #48
MichaelZHsee - Amazing how fast you work and how well it turned out. The atmosphere is great. Makes a very moody and stark piece.

seanmauney - Giant bunny kaiju FTW! Love it. Are his eyes focused on the carrots? It's a little hard to tell since they're all red. But I love the fur and the lighting.

Old 02 February 2009   #49
MichaelZHsee -great job man great resault
seanmauney- rofl mr snuggles! great concept and story ^_^ looking forward to see the end resault

well this i my progress so far:

not alot of it but its because ive gotten quite far yesterday but then all of my progres got erased and i didnt even wanna look at this bunny pic anymore so ive started working on it again today ^_^
lots of work to be done
critiques and comments are more then welcome

Old 02 February 2009   #50
Geeze Michael, I know I'm just repeating what everyone else is saying but that was amazingly fast. And the finished work turned out wonderfully.

seanmauney - Lol, this is pretty close what my mind keeps coming up with. I can't shake the Vorpal Bunny from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
wyattharris.com Dig it!

Old 02 February 2009   #51
Seanmauney, ROFL, I love it!

Thanks a lot Rebecca, that cleared things up.

I got a bucking frilliant idea now! Just shot me some photo reference...

Old 02 February 2009   #52
Michael, amazing work, hard to believe how fast that was executed! Fantastic, hope you'll join in the next one. With 2 weeks, you can bang out a book on the topic perhaps.

seanmauney, haha, great start, and I love that the PASB is now your avatar! I like the mood, lighting, and colors, looking forward to seeing where this goes.

acb12, good to see progress, definitely look at landscape reference, there are plenty of pictures of roads disappearing into the distance and cities as well, pbase and flickr are both great sites for reference. Also I'd suggest generalizing things as value shapes, for example I wouldn't suggest trying to paint eath individual building at first, but thinking of them as well as the landscape, sky, hill, everything really as a mass. Google around for some environment concept art or just good black and white photos of landscapes. Here's a good example:

http://fotokunst.as/new_land/road_in_landscape_350.jpg

http://images.google.com/images?gbv...G=Search+Images

Reference is really key!

WyattHarris, haha, hilarious! Maybe we can consider as a topic for the next Workshop, 'sure he survived the apocalypse, but can he dance?'

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Last edited by Rebeccak : 02 February 2009 at 06:58 PM.

Old 02 February 2009   #53
Hey all,
it's been a while since i did an anatomy thing, but i wanted to focus more on 3d. Speed was too slow then, but i'm ready to give it a try. Here is the starting for the base mesh, and i'm still busy cleaning up the topology and shape.
It's kind of an apocalyptic offspring of a gremlin-bunny marriage.
I'll also attempt my first real sculpting and hope not to get into too much trouble. Still not sure how to do it, cause the osx version of zbrush still is worthless due to bad texture output. So the final peace will probably stay within this app.
cheers and curious to see other works.

Old 02 February 2009   #54
Hey Nico, great to see you in this! And it's nice to see some 3D early on. I love the concept of a morphed bunny, I'm thinking of doing something a little similar (scientific accident bunny etc.) so it'll be fun to follow your progress! Love that the tail is a third leg.

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 02 February 2009   #55
hmm well im not sure what im supposed to be seeing on those black and white images @_@
if you could point me to the areas which are wrong i could fix these ^_^
the road is horribly wrong i know that and the city well i think i made a mistake posting a pic in which im in the middle of placing these these cuz i just seperated the buildings into different layers (as you can prob see different colour of building means different layers ) and forgot to do something with it
but it could be helpfull and well shorten the amount of time itll take me to finish it by knowing the problematic areas ^_^

Old 02 February 2009   #56
Originally Posted by acb12: hmm well im not sure what im supposed to be seeing on those black and white images @_@
if you could point me to the areas which are wrong i could fix these ^_^
the road is horribly wrong i know that and the city well i think i made a mistake posting a pic in which im in the middle of placing these these cuz i just seperated the buildings into different layers (as you can prob see different colour of building means different layers ) and forgot to do something with it
but it could be helpfull and well shorten the amount of time itll take me to finish it by knowing the problematic areas ^_^
Heya, basically it's down to value organization - it's always best when starting digital painting to work in grayscale, so you see the value relationships, otherwise we all tend to just get a bunch of color strokes without a sense of cohesive organization in terms of lights and darks. More or less think of any composition as a value puzzle, all of the pieces have to fit together, and a light can't exist without a dark.

Try putting your image into grayscale mode to see what I mean...

Also you can check out this tutorial:

http://www.androidblues.com/Jealous...alousystep.html

-R

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 02 February 2009   #57
Thanks Rebeccak for welcoming words, I'll try nad make a couple sketches and see if something post-worthy comes up, great entries so far!

Old 02 February 2009   #58
my first kick at the can..

My Anatomy Thread

My Website

Good Facial Expressions Resource:

http://www.artnatomia.net/uk/artnatomy.html

Old 02 February 2009   #59

Hello all,
This is my first attempt at one of these workshops so please bear with me. Having a little baby in the house, I'm not sure if I'm going to find the time to complete it all, but better something than nothing.

My idea is a kind of anthromorphic African Hare who is a mutant from the nuclear fallout after the apocalypse.

Things to work on:
The legs - I'm still figuring out how to do the digigrade legs.
The face - The more I look at it, the more I think that I am going to give him a completely hare head, making his look very Egyptian god-like.

Any comment or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Old 02 February 2009   #60
Hey there, another nice topic, good progress and sweet concepts here posted,. I have these sketches of what I've been thinking before start to work:

First: Post- Pop corn's Apocalyptic Survival Bunny.( )

or Second: Post Armageddon Survival Bunny.

Regards.

Thread Closed share thread