Imaginative Figure Workshop #002: Post-Apocalyptic Survival Bunny

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2009   #31
One hor of work ??? It would have take me 100 hours of work !! Simply awesome

Old 02 February 2009   #32
Sounds very interesting.
I really want to try this one out, if I get the time.
Good luck to everyone thats participating!

btw, really nice concept and drawing so far MichaelZHsee

Old 02 February 2009   #33
Quote: Hopefully whoever's left after the apocalypse can be so relaxed.

loll thx and first of all its whoever or whatever @_@ and as the rabbits on my pic only became smart after the apocalypse occured (as you can see in the nice and detailed story ive made for that pic -_^)then they have nothing to fear about ^_^ no brain no worries
and ive progressed segnificatly with addin details (At least in compared to the original pic) but that right desert area seems abit empty and i dont know what i can add there T_T
ill post a progress pic later on cuz i just dont wanna waste my 10 pics limit ^^

Old 02 February 2009   #34
Hi Rebecca,

about concept/illustration:
I think I see - so that means that even a concept with a scene around the character would mean to leave the scene rather vague or reduced, I guess?

I think I'll give that a try...

Old 02 February 2009   #35
Originally Posted by Mu: about concept/illustration:
I think I see - so that means that even a concept with a scene around the character would mean to leave the scene rather vague or reduced, I guess?
Hey Mu, it depends on whether you are doing character or environment concept art.

Example of character concept art (sorry for the large images) - just googled from "character concept art" and "environment concept art":

Example of environment concept art:

It's not that you can't have characters within environment concept art, but usually the environment is the focus and the figures are there to represent scale.

You won't be needing to do turnarounds / orthographic views because you're not creating concept art for a game or film. You're basically doing an illustration, with or without a background around a character, unless you choose to focus more on the environment, with the character playing a role within it.

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Last edited by Rebeccak : 02 February 2009 at 10:34 PM.

Old 02 February 2009   #36
sup yall

couple hours worth of time, thinking I have some compositional issues to deal with before I really start working on details.. sky feels a touch empty, maybe too much space on the right side. dunno. midground feels iffy and too undefined aswell.

My thought process was that any bunny that survives the apocalypse is going to be heavily irradiated, and thus fun to use for dramatic lighting.

Old 02 February 2009   #37
acb12,im looking forward to see how you develop yours
NR43- you'r right about the holding issue,i have made the changes base on your feedbacks,thanks alot for the comments,it very much appreciated
Becca,jojo,PKT and Mr.Mu- thanks alot

heres the 3rd wip.i hope im not the only one whos doing this

Old 02 February 2009   #38
Nice work so far, I have an idea but right now it's just a (very) rough thumbnail. I'll try to work it over this weekend.

Russ

Old 02 February 2009   #39
mlutz, good to see your post, but you should have been in class - also, be sure to do 10-15 concept / ideation sketches using traditional media only by next Thurs (per your recommendation) - you'll need to get all the details for what's due next Thurs.

Michael, that's looking incredible, I agree and hope others will join too. Give 'em time.

-R

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 02 February 2009   #40
Rebecca can you add that link you found the character concept art page? it's great! i would like to see more.

Michael this looks incredible! i will post mine tomorow I hope :P

Old 02 February 2009   #41
Originally Posted by Danny-k: Rebecca can you add that link you found the character concept art page? it's great! i would like to see more.
Heya here is the link:

http://idrawgirls.blogspot.com/2007...ep-by-step.html

http://members.shaw.ca/dmandryk/

Super early version for me - I guess I'm thinking giant bunny? Just throwing ideas around:

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Last edited by Rebeccak : 02 February 2009 at 08:08 AM.

Old 02 February 2009   #42
thanks rebecca
i guess im done with this,spend another 3 hours for the colors and finishing.
(4724x2657 completely painted in PS cs3)

it was fun doing this piecethanks everyone for the feedbacks and comments especially Johan and Michael Dashow

Old 02 February 2009   #43
Hats off to you Michael!
Keeping the color palette limited, the blood stains on the girl's dress, her somewhat insecure pose... really makes this a touching piece.

Old 02 February 2009   #44
heres a higher resolution,about 30% size of the painting and also the characters.

Last edited by MichaelZHsee : 02 February 2009 at 11:55 AM.

Old 02 February 2009   #45
Wow, that was super fast, and turned out amazing too!

Thread Closed share thread