Open Figure Drawing Workshop - NEW BARGUE - 022

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2008   #61
Wip

I had quite a difficult time in making it as similar as possible still there are few things that are not quite right, direction would be appreciated

Attached Images
File Type: jpg face.jpg (94.5 KB, 596 views)

Last edited by Danny-k : 01 January 2008 at 11:44 AM.

Old 01 January 2008   #62
Awesome start, everybody!!
Here is mine.. from Rod Seffens's image
done in Corel Painter with a charcoal brush

Old 01 January 2008   #63
crits on proportion...does the hand look not right?

Old 01 January 2008   #64
hey! i want to take part in that workshop! It's my first time and i'm just a beginner.
I've choose a b/w render couse i have really problem with shading and i want to focalize on that aspect.

I've choose the alien portrait by Damien Canderle like others

My first step

Old 01 January 2008   #65
final

heres the finished version I think

Last edited by Danny-k : 01 January 2008 at 11:29 AM.

Old 01 January 2008   #66
Oh, you guys rock!

Iridyse, I knew you were going to do something amazing the second I read you were goint to join in. I see that I wasn't wrong. I must sai I LOVE your painting style!

Anand, one can sure make a piece look as if it was done with traditional medium. Very good!

TurbiX, ha, I knew many people will do that alien, because it's just so paint-worthy! I may suggest using bigger brushes at the start and also not going into detailing too soon.

Rebecca, lovely, I like the contrast.

DigitalSol, greatness! If you will get that cast material well, it'll be too amazing!

ericyeo, really great to see different approaches on this piece. Keep going.

Now with my own study. I chose Damien Canderle's piece, because it's realistic with a fantasy theme. I'm not using a grid because I don't like it. I had the original and my study side by side same size to do the silhouette, but now I only trust my eyes.
I also chose a piece that I think I will do in oils! Yes, one study for this workshop won't be enough for me.

Here's the start

Last edited by razz : 01 January 2008 at 12:05 PM.

Old 01 January 2008   #67
Great!! i will do some study too! i will do my choice today!

Alex Oliver

Old 01 January 2008   #68
thanks for your suggestion razz! that is always my problem and i mean really always!! i can't make a general impression with big brushes and i tend to start detailling immediatly :(
i really don't know how to try this aspect, i keep trying but i feel like i'm just doing nothing if i don't start detailing. Don't know if i've been clear eheh

Old 01 January 2008   #69
Hi Dennis K,
Pretty good effort, I think your problem of the head leaning to one side can be resolved by start out with sktch of the overall volumes/shapes inserting a center line before you go into detailing. Though its nice to have a clean finished drawing I believe its better at this stage to not erase anything just draw you starting lines lighter and as you develope your sketch more (you have all the important details sketched in correct proportion and placement.) you go back in and darken your like work.

Old 01 January 2008   #70
Thanks for the crit Iridyse, I tried tweakin the nostrils a bit and added a darker core shadow to the bridge of the nose. How does it seem now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nose study 1c.JPG (16.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg nose study 1d.JPG (16.2 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Animegedon : 01 January 2008 at 03:49 PM.

Old 01 January 2008   #71
An OFDW, yea! It has been so long since I have done one. Now that I do not have anything to do, but my computer crashed that had Painter on it. I do not have a wacom for this computer. I will do it traditionally. Anyone know where I can find a good wacom cheap?

My new anatomy thread

My Graphic Novel thread! & Blog

My digital thread

My anatomy thread!

Art is never finished, It's abandoned!

Old 01 January 2008   #72
Enrique! So nice to see some new work by you, man! How've you been?

Printing out the ref right now. Maybe I will have something to show tomorrow.

Old 01 January 2008   #73
Looks like eveyones off to a great start

started on one by Damien Canderle last night on 9x12 sketch paper

Mark

Old 01 January 2008   #74
Hello everyone I'm kinda new here and I have to say that I'm kinda nervous and excited at the same time seeing this is my first time joining a workshop here.

For my first study, I'll be using one of Damien Canderle's piece. I hope to get some valuable critiques on it.

Thank You.

Old 01 January 2008   #75
truly great start from everyone!

Anand - it really looks cool with those Painter tools - just like the real thing

Billy_Z - he feels a little unstable at the moment - the left leg seems to be going towards the right too much... [not sure I'm making myself clear ]

razz - awesome start

Rebeccak - gorgeous already!

DigitalSol - excellent

Well here's my very humble beginning... darn that grid transfer took me ages ... my choice - Antropus's Swimmer

Thread Closed share thread