Open Figure Drawing Workshop - NEW BARGUE - 022

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2008   #46
Wow, everyone is already getting started. Just motivation for me to get off my butt. Great starts so far, everyone.

I have a question: is there any way to print a pic with the grid lines on it? I'd like to have them to keep the proportions and such straight.

Last edited by Asatira : 01 January 2008 at 08:05 PM.

Old 01 January 2008   #47
Hi, everyone, this is my first post

Hi, my name is Gina, and I was invited to enter to the OFDW22 ;D I'm a digital animator and I like to draw.

I have never drawn nothing so detailed as this. I feel this like is a good opportunity to improve my technique with this exercise.

I will put my best effort, wish me luck ;D

greetings
~saludos

Old 01 January 2008   #48
Ok, here is more work i have done with this great model

Old 01 January 2008   #49
Originally Posted by Asatira: Wow, everyone is already getting started. Just motivation for me to get off my butt. Great starts so far, everyone.

I have a question: is there any way to print a pic with the grid lines on it? I'd like to have them to keep the proportions and such straight.

Hey Asatira, if you use photoshop there is a grid tool, go to the view tab, then show and grid, you can adjust the grid at the preferences, or ctrl+k then ctrl+6 and then you change it, hope it helps

Old 01 January 2008   #50
Thumbs up

nice work so far guys keep it up!

I'll start tomorow morning :P

Old 01 January 2008   #51
I'm in too!

My reference is Diego Maia's render ; I use Photoshop 7 and a Wacom tablet. Here's the first sketch which took me somewhere between 30 and 60 minutes.

By the way, this Bargue book sounds really interesting. But why does it have to be so expensive? For now I'll keep drawing those master studies from art books from the library instead

Old 01 January 2008   #52
Great stuff guys, keep it coming! I can't wait to throw my hat in, just waiting to get a free moment...so much awesome ref, so little time!

EDIT: just a quick start on gio's piece.

Originally Posted by junsei: Hi, my name is Gina, and I was invited to enter to the OFDW22 ;D I'm a digital animator and I like to draw.

I have never drawn nothing so detailed as this. I feel this like is a good opportunity to improve my technique with this exercise.

I will put my best effort, wish me luck ;D

greetings
~saludos

Welcome Gina!

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Last edited by Rebeccak : 01 January 2008 at 10:37 PM.

Old 01 January 2008   #53
@Maidith: that lineart looks already awesome i specially liked the muscles in the torso

@rebecca: That's an outsanding shading, i really like what you did with the shoulder

Old 01 January 2008   #54
rebecca: its quite a kick to see an awesome artist do that with a 3d work of mine.
i can't wait to see you finish this critter!

Giovanni Nakpil
http://www.gionakpil.com

Old 01 January 2008   #55
wip

More wip, and there is alot too do

Old 01 January 2008   #56
Hi everyone,
I can see FDW is out to a wonderful start this year, I've been on and off for a while with school and desgn thesis (now) and co-op happening over the past year and still on going, but I'm here now and plan/hope to actively contribute this time around.

By the way nice sketch/start maideith.

Digitol sol looking good so far.

Great start Rebecak

Liking your line work and attention to detail in your warm up sketche kilingmachine.

Since I haven't done any digital painting for a while, i decided to start simple with once of Plung "Joel's" nose models. Also my first time plying around with the simplified painter essentials as opposed to photoshop. Since I'm hoping to get get a copy of painter this year, so since painter and essentials are a like decided why not use this as a chance to learn it while I improve my figure drawing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nose study 1a.jpg (14.4 KB, 15 views)

Old 01 January 2008   #57
Hey Rebecca,

This new OFDW came in time to motivate me out of the mini slump I've slunk into. When all else fails creatively, just do copies of great work. Now to choose a 3d piece.....

Old 01 January 2008   #58
Sol!! Slow down you art machine :P Fantastic progress so far!

Rebecca: Beautiful work as always. I -love- the first stage, the way the shoulder peeps out from the shadows, it's so subtle and so gorgeous. I hope you continue that in the rest of the stages too.

Maidith: Beautiful linework, more more!

killermachine: Very nice! I think a little mroe tonal variation and softer edges in the shadows would greatly add to the drawing. Watch out for those proportions!

MechaHateChimp: Fantastic linework, can't wait to see your progress in this piece.

Animegedon: Nice work so far. I think the nostrils should be a wee bit more round though. Some stronger shadows around the bridge would also make it pop out more.

Yay for the new OFDW! I'm going to totally use this an as excuse to copy some creatures by the very very talented sculptors here since it's something I couldn't really do with the previous OFDWs (I so wish the old masters painted/sculpted some aliens, hahah).

So here's a start on the very cool alien portrait by Damien Canderle. Man, I love this design SO much.

Old 01 January 2008   #59
gio, thanks for the comment! So great to have your participation in this, have been wanting to do this kind of Workshop for a while but looking at your work pushed me to finally get the guts to ask.

Animegedon, thanks!

Maidith, sweet start!

Enrique, lol, great to see the enthusiasm!

Iridyse, gorgeous stuff as usual, so excited that you are joining in again. I love your stuff!

Squeezing in some extra time...slow progress, hopefully more time after Monday!

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Last edited by Rebeccak : 01 January 2008 at 09:09 AM.

Old 01 January 2008   #60
hello everyone, great job everyone! New OFDW!! cool! I participated in OFDW around 1 year back(busy with studies and i stopped for 1 year~ kinda miss OFDW. OFDW Great place to learn and progress together~ . hi Rebeccak *wave* remember me?
Still at the rough stage, welcome any c&c.

Last edited by ericyeo : 01 January 2008 at 09:28 AM.

Thread Closed share thread