Old 06-26-2007, 06:20 PM   #62
default-rol
Character Modeller

portfolio
Michael
Character Artist
The Character Warehouse
South East London, United Kingdom

Send a message via ICQ to default-rol Send a message via AIM to default-rol Send a message via MSN to default-rol Send a message via Yahoo to default-rol
Thumbs up

Hey everyone,

I managed to get the top half taken to sub div level 2 in ZBrush today, up to the top of the iliac (pelvis) crest - I may try to get his legs and feet done tonight, or it may have to wait until tomorrow. I think I'll take the whole mesh to level 3, then start breaking parts off for extreme detailing. That is unless anyone else has better ideas for it?

@ michael-olszak >>> love the gesture It's a tough pose you've got going there - I hope you manage to really push the details and make all the muscles really defined as it I reckon you'll really benefit from it. great stuff.

@ Belltann >>> thanks for keeping a lookout for chevant for me. Sorry you don't have time to participate this time round.

@ SpaceTik >>> Yup, some fast movers on this thread! LOL. looking forward to seeing your participation, as always.

Cheers all - C&C on my effort welcome and appreciated, as always.
MIKE

Old 06-26-2007, 06:25 PM   #63
cyfer
In_The_Vertex
portfolio
Mohab Gamal
Egypt

Send a message via MSN to cyfer
@ Belltann

Thanks For posting This

@ default-rol

lol , what are you planning to do for the rest of the month ?

nice work so far , the shoulder from the Side View looks a bit broader than it should " at least for me "

Old 06-27-2007, 12:06 AM   #64
Womball
Good Show!

portfolio
Nathan Stromwasser
Bum
Speedsculpt r us
Wilmington, USA

Send a message via AIM to Womball Send a message via MSN to Womball Send a message via Yahoo to Womball
I think he could easily spend a month getting the materials to work perfectly, muscles can be tricky to shade. I wish I was that fast, but I guess that comes with experience. I hope. Extreme details really aren't necessary for a muscles study, except striations and suture marks on the skull.

Last edited by Womball : 06-27-2007 at 02:01 AM.

Old 06-27-2007, 06:41 AM   #65
Layer01
Confused

portfolio
Peter Soderbaum
Ludwigsburg, Germany

Send a message via MSN to Layer01
hey default-rol, could you link some high res pics of your wires. I'd love to see the topology

Old 06-27-2007, 07:23 AM   #66
michael-olszak
Art Hobbiyst
portfolio
Michael Olszak
Netherlands

Send a message via MSN to michael-olszak
Default-rol - Man that is some amazing modeling work man. Looks awesome.

Myspace www.myspace.com/olszakmike

Sketchbook

Old 06-27-2007, 08:15 AM   #67
default-rol
Character Modeller

portfolio
Michael
Character Artist
The Character Warehouse

Send a message via ICQ to default-rol Send a message via AIM to default-rol Send a message via MSN to default-rol Send a message via Yahoo to default-rol
Thumbs up

Morning,

@ cyfer >>> Good spot on the shoulder there - it was totally huge! LOL. I went and fixed it after reading your post. Thank you.

@ Womball >>> I'm going to try to get the muscles far more refined and the fibre detail sculpted in, then export as displacement maps for maya. I may also get a cavity map out and use that too for extra punch on the muscle fibres. Don't know if I'll get SSS working on it as I'm missing a node for it and I'll probably have to re-install maya to get it back, which I don't really want to do in the next couple of weeks. I'm probably going to have to transfer from ZB3 to ZB2 to do some of this, unless i can work out how to get HDGeometry in ZB3 to work without crashing the program...

@ Layer01 >>> I've got a low res wire up on the previous page, but I'll post up another, higher res one tonight after I see how far I get with him today.

@ michael-olszak >>> Thanks. Can't wait to see more of yours

Cheers all
MIKE

Last edited by default-rol : 06-27-2007 at 10:27 AM. Reason: coz i'm crap at typing while eating toast...

Old 06-27-2007, 09:39 AM   #68
SpaceTik
Character Modeller

portfolio
Jojin Kang
Graphic Artist/Designer/Illustrator
Fairfax Media Publications Pty Ltd
Sydney, Australia

Freakin good work default! this will be more detailed than your turkey skined dino!

go hard man, push that Zbrush till it cracks! Ill cheer you on like Jah Jah Binks, in "robot chicken!"

lol

Old 06-27-2007, 11:34 AM   #69
Djampa
Lord of the posts

portfolio
Eduardo Janiszewski
Marketing Director
Zupi International Magazine
Sao Paulo, Brazil

Send a message via MSN to Djampa
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliveira
i will work in something to post here tomorrow

great!!

Alex Oliver

Wow.... you really did post here !
Oh my... heavy weights coming up to join us, this will be ultra productive.
Thanks for joining Alex, looking forward for your model/sculpture/drawings (or models...)

Default thanks for extending to 4 weeks, much better.
Deleting a lot of days from my schedule now to do something useful to better learn something here.

Cheers all,

Zupi Portal (eng)
www.drsketchy.com/
SketchySP
eduardo.janiszewski@gmail.com

Old 06-27-2007, 02:02 PM   #70
BobbyB
Expert

portfolio
Robert Braddy
Character TD
Freelancer
Brisbane, Australia

Thought id join in on this one and get a little high res modeling practise.
Started this today though it best to post it up before i continue on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg render2.jpg (36.8 KB, 129 views)

Old 06-27-2007, 03:28 PM   #71
default-rol
Character Modeller

portfolio
Michael
Character Artist
The Character Warehouse

Thumbs up

Completed the second level of sub division (smoothed it to the third level to remove some facets on the polys for the screengrabs) >>>

The wire of it at this level, at Layer01's request >>>

I reckon I'll be able to take the full mesh up to just under 2 million polys (level 5) before I'm going to have to start breaking up the mesh. Should be fun...

@ SpaceTik >>> More detail than the turkey skinned dino?! Are you insane!! Well, yes, I am now you mention it...LOL!

@ Djampa >>> You should be really thanking RebeccaK for the extension - it was her that made it so...

@ BobbyB >>> Really sweet start - We love to see progress here, so please keep posting up as you do it.

Cheers all
MIKE

Old 06-27-2007, 03:41 PM   #72
Womball
Good Show!

portfolio
Nathan Stromwasser
Bum
Speedsculpt r us
Wilmington, USA

Send a message via AIM to Womball Send a message via MSN to Womball Send a message via Yahoo to Womball
It looks really good! My only suggestion is that a lot of the joint attachments and ends of the tendons are not very clear. This is apparent at the knee where the muscles look sculpted rather than attacted to the bone.

I'm working on a model myself but I want to spend a few more hours before posting it. Not sure if I should model the hands as boney with tendons or like Hogarth did with only the tops of the bones exposed, and the rest of the padding there. Although my study looks a lot like my last attempt at the anatomy.

Old 06-27-2007, 07:01 PM   #73
Rist
Lord of the posts

portfolio
Andrew Johnson
Barnsley, United Kingdom

Send a message via MSN to Rist
Is it possible to learn 3D software at the top level without having formal education? It seems rathe rcomplex and whenever I buy a 3DS Bible it is usually too big for me to get interested with it.

FATANTASTIC stuff people!

I started a new job this week, so have no chance to start this workshop. Will try when i have time, if not I will start it at the weekend!

Sketchbook

Old 06-27-2007, 07:08 PM   #74
Womball
Good Show!

portfolio
Nathan Stromwasser
Bum
Speedsculpt r us
Wilmington, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl3wk
Is it possible to learn 3D software at the top level without having formal education? It seems rathe rcomplex and whenever I buy a 3DS Bible it is usually too big for me to get interested with it.

FATANTASTIC stuff people!

I started a new job this week, so have no chance to start this workshop. Will try when i have time, if not I will start it at the weekend!

Try zbrush 3.0 or perhaps mudbox. I think you have more room with zbrush 3.0 since you can color your work than and pose it. You can rough out a body with zspheres pretty quickly and sculpt in details from that. But its a unique interface so you probably will want to check out some training DVD's and videos and zbrushcentral.

Old 06-27-2007, 07:16 PM   #75
engelik
Veteran

portfolio
Paulo Silva
Portugal

I'vebeen working in the basemesh , i hope to finish it soon so i can start sculpting!
> default-rol awesome sculpt so far..

Last edited by engelik : 06-27-2007 at 07:19 PM.

Thread Closed share thread