CGTalk > General Techniques > Anatomy and Figurative Art > Tutorials and Workshops
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 06-25-2007, 05:12 AM   #46
Womball
Good Show!

portfolio
Nathan Stromwasser
Bum
Speedsculpt r us
Wilmington, USA

Send a message via AIM to Womball Send a message via MSN to Womball Send a message via Yahoo to Womball
Could I do a 3d study of a Hogarth drawing? And can it be seated? I was thinking of doing the cover of Dynamic Anatomy. I like the style, although I don't think all of the muscles are accurate especially in the gluts.

Old 06-25-2007, 07:23 AM   #47
default-rol
Character Modeller

portfolio
Michael
Character Artist
The Character Warehouse
South East London, United Kingdom

Send a message via ICQ to default-rol Send a message via AIM to default-rol Send a message via MSN to default-rol Send a message via Yahoo to default-rol
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Womball
Could I do a 3d study of a Hogarth drawing? And can it be seated? I was thinking of doing the cover of Dynamic Anatomy. I like the style, although I don't think all of the muscles are accurate especially in the gluts.

Hey Womball >>> Why don't you pose your 3D character like the cover of Hogarths book, and try for a similar style, only adding in the anatomy you think he might have been less focused on, using the really detailed image planes provided at the top of the thread to guide you? That would be quite a challenge methinks.

@ sethlamberton >>> nice start there - the photo you provided has got a bit of perspective on them so they are distorting - but even so I'd tweak the gesture of your side image a bit more. If you are planning on rendering these up, then getting the foundations in right will make the detail really sing out. Keep posting your progress. Good luck.

Cheers all
MIKE

Last edited by default-rol : 06-25-2007 at 07:59 AM.

Old 06-25-2007, 02:17 PM   #48
oliveira
Know-it-All
portfolio
alex oliver
Irvine, United States

i will work in something to post here tomorrow

great!!

Alex Oliver

Old 06-25-2007, 03:58 PM   #49
default-rol
Character Modeller

portfolio
Michael
Character Artist
The Character Warehouse

Send a message via ICQ to default-rol Send a message via AIM to default-rol Send a message via MSN to default-rol Send a message via Yahoo to default-rol
Thumbs up

This is my level 1 block in within ZBrush >>> I'll be working on level 2 tomorrow I reckon.

Loads of work to go - but, as always, C&C welcome.

Cheers
MIKE

Old 06-25-2007, 07:22 PM   #50
Izuael
Frequenter

portfolio
Mikael Andersson
Stockholm, Sweden

Send a message via MSN to Izuael
Hi again,

Here's what I've done so far, this is about ~2 weeks of work
(haven't taken photos of it the most recent days, but I will).
3 weeks to go.

Last edited by Izuael : 06-25-2007 at 07:24 PM.

Old 06-25-2007, 07:55 PM   #51
theflash
trying to visualize 'i'

Maulik Kataria
Geeky Artist
Bergen, Norway

Wow mikael, that's some really nice work. I am impressed. And thanks for posting the process. Looking foward to see the final result.
"Life is animation and we are our own animators." -i

Old 06-25-2007, 09:41 PM   #52
Womball
Good Show!

portfolio
Nathan Stromwasser
Bum
Speedsculpt r us
Wilmington, USA

Send a message via AIM to Womball Send a message via MSN to Womball Send a message via Yahoo to Womball
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliveira
i will work in something to post here tomorrow

great!!

Alex Oliver

Looking forward to your version!

Old 06-25-2007, 10:53 PM   #53
Belltann
Veteran
portfolio
Johan Lorentzen
Character modeler
Fatshark
Stockholm, Sweden

Send a message via MSN to Belltann

Right-click on image and save. 4.51 meg, 1435X1076.

I made this last year in skellefteå, sweden, at the same course as Izuael.

Hopefully youll have any use of this reference.

God luck everyone.

Old 06-25-2007, 11:44 PM   #54
Womball
Good Show!

portfolio
Nathan Stromwasser
Bum
Speedsculpt r us
Wilmington, USA

Awesome sculpt. I would love to start from the bones up, but I don't think I would have time to build a skeleton in a month, the bones themselves are tricky to model, I think. Strange shapes. Tendons were also a pain to model, since you have to wrap them around the model. I do not know how you would rig them.

Old 06-25-2007, 11:47 PM   #55
ghoul
twisted animator

portfolio
Ivan Ramadan
director/animator
Elias Veskot
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina

Send a message via MSN to ghoul
hey Michael R.
Great model so far, you took the topology-first approach which is better than mine in a long run for sure, but, hell I wanted to try and see what new Z3 can do

may I suggest to take a look at the overally rythm of your figure and distribudion of masses...maybe you are sticking to ref too much. I think you should always do something "the way you like it" even if it's not 100% like the ref...I am talking about those extremities the most. Maybe your topology got you lost a little (note that my figure probably has these same flaws, but it's easier to spot on someone else's model )

also, could you please post a little larger image next time, it seems you have much detail there but the pic is too small for it to be seen

looking forward for the updates!

Izuael,

the real-world thing looks absolutely amazing wish I will do it one day keep it coming!

...here is my next wip, I hope I can call it next one, I'm not sure if it's enough progress to make another post , but whatever...here it is. Done a little more definition of the muscle masses, changed pose a bit, and pretty much am satisfied with it now. Starting the individual muscle definition now (did some on the legs, still very incomplete). As mentioned earlier I did no specific topology, started with zspheres. Just didn't want to bother with it and see what can be done...wanted to eliminate the technical side if possible

comments welcome!

-ivan

My production blog - Making of and stuff

My youtube channel-The first Bosnian 3D short and my other animated films

Anatomy thread

Last edited by ghoul : 06-25-2007 at 11:55 PM.

Old 06-26-2007, 03:03 AM   #56
cesarzambelli
portfolio
Cesar Zambelli Loiacono
Sao Paulo, Brazil

Send a message via ICQ to cesarzambelli Send a message via MSN to cesarzambelli
Hey mates

here is my attemp

I still have to work hands, forearms, feet and face on this level

have to add another level to keep going on the rest

see ya friends

Last edited by cesarzambelli : 06-26-2007 at 05:52 AM.

Old 06-26-2007, 07:55 AM   #57
PhuongDPh
Member of CGTalk :p

portfolio
Phuong Duc Pho
Hanoi, Viet Nam

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by default-rol

@ LATROMMI-SUINEG >>> You can buy a copy of the original sculpt at the freedom-of-Teach website. I bought a "version 1" a couple of months back and it is absolutely amazing, a real work of art and should last me a lifetime.

hix, $195 is a bit expensive for me I downloaded some images of version 3 long time ago, and that's enough
and a virtual model ( 3d model ) is enough for me
thx

Old 06-26-2007, 08:30 AM   #58
default-rol
Character Modeller

portfolio
Michael
Character Artist
The Character Warehouse

Thumbs up

Morning all,

@ Izuael >>> That's looking really great so far. I hope you get your progress photos of where you are really up to, on the thread soon.

@ Belltann >>> thanks for stopping by and posting that - it looks really good. Are you planning on doing a digital one for this workshop? I bet you will find it easy since you've done on before, "the hard way." I notice you did it in Chevant. I've been trying to find a supplier in the U.K. for chevant or Green Roma, but can only find super sculpy. I notice you are U.K. based now, have you had any luck with finding some here?

@ ghoul >>> Thanks for the feedback. I'll take another look at the figures gesture and mass distribution after a cup of coffee this morning - I always find that leaving it overnight gives me a fresh eye on it in the next day. I posted small initially as there really isn't much detail in it at the moment to be honest with you. I was more in for dialing in the gesture. Bigger pics should be coming from today, once I've looked at the overall again. I love your figures gesture btw, really expressive hands. Looking forward to more.

@ CuTiA >>> Hey, that's a really good start and should turn in to a nice sculpture. He look very natural and relaxed. I look forward to seeing it progress.

@ LATROMMI-SUINEG >>> We all look forward to seeing your "virtual model" then.

Cheers all
MIKE

Old 06-26-2007, 09:12 AM   #59
michael-olszak
Art Hobbiyst
portfolio
Michael Olszak
Netherlands

Send a message via MSN to michael-olszak
wow great work all. already so much done! seems like this is gonna be a very awesome workshop

I wanted to start with one of the guys behind the glass. Just for practice. here is last nights result. Block in with an H pencil. i figured if i'll start with the pencil i usually use (2B) it'll become too sketchy again.

Myspace www.myspace.com/olszakmike

Sketchbook

Old 06-26-2007, 09:30 AM   #60
Belltann
Veteran
portfolio
Johan Lorentzen
Character modeler
Fatshark
Stockholm, Sweden

Send a message via MSN to Belltann
Default-rol: Thanks. Havent really checked for chavant here in england, but I have a feeling its quit hard to find shops with good prices. But I'll have a noseabout and see if I can find something. Sadly I dont have the time to do a digital one.

Thread Closed share thread