CAFÉ Special Stage 01 - THE MALE ÉCORCHÉ

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2007
Oooh this loos difficult!!! I'm ion as soon as I find the time/right pose

Good luck to all!! Can't wait to see what everyone does!

06 June 2007
awesome model !
wish I had one

06 June 2007
i'm too confused !

looking at the Tutorial And workshops section of the forum i see Cafe 01 up to 05 !
and they are in different Subjects ?

is this challenge just started or ended ?
23/6/2007 is the start date ?
i can't see Wips for people , where should we put these ?
ain't gonna be a section in the forum for this challenge ? just like those in the hardcore modelling challenges ?

06 June 2007
Arrow

Hey all,

@ ThePatches >>> Good luck and I look forward to seeing your posts.

@ LATROMMI-SUINEG >>> You can buy a copy of the original sculpt at the freedom-of-Teach website. I bought a "version 1" a couple of months back and it is absolutely amazing, a real work of art and should last me a lifetime.

@ cyfer >>> No need to be confused. This CAFE is a "Special stage" as all the CAFE's up to this point were to "design and invent your own <insert topic here.>" This CAFE is totally different as it is intended to deal with anatomical and structural problems only - you do not design anything on these "special stage" workshops. All of this information was covered in the inital post at the top of the thread to remove the confusion.

The challenge began a little over 24 hours ago and will run for 14 days, or a "fortnight." time is still on your side.

WIP's should go on this thread >>> as should your final piece.

Everything for the CAFE's (normal and special stages) are all in the sub directory "Tutorials and workshops" of the Artistic Anatomy and Figurative Art forum.

hope that helps some

Cheers all - I'll be updating tonight as I'm working on it now.
MIKE

Last edited by default-rol : 06 June 2007 at 02:02 PM.

06 June 2007
Andreja, nice work I love it, will turn out great I think. Also nice to see more people from this region of the world on the forums

Here's mine...didn't have much time but it's a start. wanted to do it all with zbrush, so I started with Zspheres, and sculpted some general masses to get proportions, nothing much. I am planning to make the model in neutral pose, then make a sculpture of him peeling off his skin, the final will be partially skinned partially teared skin...

-ivan

My production blog - Making of and stuff

My youtube channel-The first Bosnian 3D short and my other animated films

Anatomy thread

06 June 2007
Thumbs up

Hi,

I'm currently studying ecorche in Sweden at an university. My teacher is Jim Wikström and he has studied in Florence.

Just wondering if I (and maybe other from the class) could post our stuff here aswell, just for fun and to see the progress.
We use other references (from our teacher and different books) and have a longer schedule (5 weeks for the ecorche, and we're done with 2 weeks already) so I understand if it's 'offtopic' in a way.

Maybe I should just make my own thread somewhere else here. Hehe.

06 June 2007
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Izuael: Hi,

I'm currently studying ecorche in Sweden at an university. My teacher is Jim Wikström and he has studied in Florence.

Just wondering if I (and maybe other from the class) could post our stuff here aswell, just for fun and to see the progress.
We use other references (from our teacher and different books) and have a longer schedule (5 weeks for the ecorche, and we're done with 2 weeks already) so I understand if it's 'offtopic' in a way.

Maybe I should just make my own thread somewhere else here. Hehe.

I'm fine with you posting up your ecorche work if it's currently a "live project" you are studying - this event is being turned into a 4 week workshop anyway, by request, so you can keep posting up your WIP as you go along. We look forward to seeing it.

@ ghoul >>> great progress!

<<EDIT>>

I've finished my block out - UV mapping, then the real fun starts...

MIKE

Last edited by default-rol : 06 June 2007 at 07:04 PM.

06 June 2007
Thumbs in Ref. Image 1 vs. Ref. Image 2

Hi everybody. This is the first time I'm participating in one of these and am very excited. I was looking at reference image one and two, and comparing them, and I cannot coordinate the thumbs between the two images, especially regarding the shadows in the palms(?) of the hands, as well as the direction of the tendons in relation to palm and back of hand position. Are the hands of the ecorche model in two different positions, or are the shadows very deceptive in relation to a convex hand curvature?

06 June 2007
I'm not sure if I will have time to finish it but even if don't I will still keep going. I will be recording all creation process. Here's first small timelapse.
www.lukx.com/content/tutorials/ecorche.mov (11.5MB)

06 June 2007
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by sethlamberton: Hi everybody. This is the first time I'm participating in one of these and am very excited. I was looking at reference image one and two, and comparing them, and I cannot coordinate the thumbs between the two images, especially regarding the shadows in the palms(?) of the hands, as well as the direction of the tendons in relation to palm and back of hand position. Are the hands of the ecorche model in two different positions, or are the shadows very deceptive in relation to a convex hand curvature?

Yup, I picked up on that too after I got sent them. After comparing the image planes to the real model, it is a trick of the lighting and makes the thumbs appear the wrong way round. So what I did was take a photo of mine on a sunny day last week incase clarification was required. Here it is >>>

Hope that helps you some.

@ lukx >>> This workshop is being extended to 4 weeks. I will confirm this officially shortly. I hope that gives you more time to post up cool stuff.

Cheers
MIKE

06 June 2007
this figure I will have on this year Christmas present list

06 June 2007
Thanks for the image, that clarifies quite well.

06 June 2007
Originally Posted by default-rol: I'm fine with you posting up your ecorche work if it's currently a "live project" you are studying - this event is being turned into a 4 week workshop anyway, by request, so you can keep posting up your WIP as you go along. We look forward to seeing it.

Awsome, thanks.

I'll make a big image with collected photos of the sculpt (I don't wanna spam with 50+ photos hehe) and then I update as frequently as I can.

I hope more people try doing it the 'classic way' with clay, it rocks!

06 June 2007
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Izuael: Awsome, thanks.
I hope more people try doing it the 'classic way' with clay, it rocks!

I'm pretty desperate to try it with clay, personally! I'm just trying to convince my girlfriend that she wouldn't mind our flat being turned into a makeshift workshop... She reckon's poly modeling makes less mess, but I will make one for real some day.

I've seen the ecorche course at the Florence Academy of Art's website, and it must be an amazing experience. I'm envious of you. I reckon i'll be even more envious when I see your amazing skill level and dexterity with clay.

Can't wait for your post(s)

MIKE

06 June 2007
Ok, starting with traditional media because I want to draw big drawings at first. Lighting in the ol' apartment is a bit bad, sorry about that. Will do better next time, with sunlight if it's available.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wip_anatomyForum01.jpg (45.5 KB, 330 views)

Thread Closed share thread