Lord of the posts

portfolio
Andrew Johnson
Barnsley, United Kingdom

Send a message via MSN to Rist
Quote:
Originally Posted by default-rol
Morning all,

@ SpaceTik >>> LOL, now you mention it - he does look a little bit like that rock Demon from ninja scroll... LOL. I'm sure that you can do better than that though with your mad skills!

@ Fl3wk >>> I'd stay safe and go with people of great physical size and/or strength (heroic or destructive,) and less of designing a corporate franchise or a massive star - ready to turn Super Nova... Like you say, if it's big and got good anatomy - you've got it "bang on." (No outer space pun intended there....LOL)

Cheers all

MIKE

What I fear is everyone designing the same bloke. I was looking into great reputation and physical strength ratehr than size. Giants are always assumed to be tall people, why not just physically imposing with muscles or influence? If I do join I will try to make the viewer 'think' this guy is a giant, but not directly throw in the appearance of a giant that is over 10ft tall.

Sketchbook

Old 05-28-2007, 09:21 AM   #17
default-rol
Character Modeller

portfolio
Michael
Character Artist
The Character Warehouse
South East London, United Kingdom

Send a message via ICQ to default-rol Send a message via AIM to default-rol Send a message via MSN to default-rol Send a message via Yahoo to default-rol
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl3wk
What I fear is everyone designing the same bloke. I was looking into great reputation and physical strength ratehr than size. Giants are always assumed to be tall people, why not just physically imposing with muscles or influence? If I do join I will try to make the viewer 'think' this guy is a giant, but not directly throw in the appearance of a giant that is over 10ft tall.

Sounds good - go for it I say.... I look forward to seeing what you produce.

MIKE

Old 05-28-2007, 01:02 PM   #18
igorsandman
Stray Ronin

portfolio
Igor Sandman
film director, game artist, gamedev
Liege, Belgium

Hello there!
I'll try to enter this one. I'm currently attending Don Seegmiler's workshop on monster design, so it might be helpful
We'll see if I can wrap up something.
I can't wait to see what you all come up with.
Cheers
-IS-

Old 05-29-2007, 09:34 AM   #19
Nannoninn
Erin Fellows
San Francisco, USA

A giant...

Hello there. This is my first post, so I hope it goes through alright... You all have some cool work and I hope I can finish an illustration in the fortnight...

My idea is for a giant cyclops, who at first I wanted to be mean and pillaging, but as I drew him I soon found that he doesn't mean any harm, but pillages only in search of chocolate.... heheh. So here're a couple heads.

Old 05-29-2007, 12:06 PM   #20
Infuscos
Rancid Angel of Death

portfolio
Jay Turner
Student
Boston, United Kingdom

Send a message via MSN to Infuscos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nannoninn
Hello there. This is my first post, so I hope it goes through alright... You all have some cool work and I hope I can finish an illustration in the fortnight...

My idea is for a giant cyclops, who at first I wanted to be mean and pillaging, but as I drew him I soon found that he doesn't mean any harm, but pillages only in search of chocolate.... heheh. So here're a couple heads.

I like the idea I look forward to seeing it in 3d!

Old 05-29-2007, 12:37 PM   #21
aggie93
Fighting Texas Aggie

portfolio
Davey Edwards
USA

Interesting concept. I went and saw Body Worlds this weekend at the Dallas Museum of Science. I have been in anatomy class for a whole semester but nothing compared to viewing so many different aspects of the human anatomy as that. I would encourage all anatomy and figure artist to attend this "art" display while it is here in the US.

My new anatomy thread

My Graphic Novel thread! & Blog

My digital thread

My anatomy thread!

Art is never finished, It's abandoned!

Old 05-29-2007, 07:18 PM   #22
Nannoninn
Erin Fellows
San Francisco, USA

Oh, you know what? Sorry guys, I thought it was alright in this one to finish w/ a 2d illustration... unfortunately I don't know 3d! So I'll go find an appropriate thread. Thanks for the inspiration & keep working on the awesome stuff!

Old 05-29-2007, 08:11 PM   #23
questionmarks
Veteran
Choon
none
Malaysia

default-rol - didnt consider his proportion until I saw your post...p....
and....reply you question in cafe 04....the projection master thing....
the problem I face is..after pickup....the outcome is not what I
I have done in drop mode.....maybe like you were saying..the division is not
many enough......

infuscos - your giant head reminds me of the big monster in final fantasy advent children..
^ ^....and thanks for your video link in cafe 04....awesome video...(eventhough I
am not using zBrush 3...p..)

my concept is a giant who doesnt grow completely like a normal human...
his left arm is shorter and smaller...his skull is one side bigger...he has a long and sharp nose...and etc.........
besides...since he is a child of a fallen angel...he has a pair of wings too..gargoyle's wings..p..

still lots to work on........
don;t really know human anatomy well...hopefully can improve after this...^ ^..

Old 05-29-2007, 08:26 PM   #24
default-rol
Character Modeller

portfolio
Michael
Character Artist
The Character Warehouse

Send a message via ICQ to default-rol Send a message via AIM to default-rol Send a message via MSN to default-rol Send a message via Yahoo to default-rol
Thumbs up

Evening all,

Just letting you all know that tomorrow i'll be *once and for all, finally* getting on with my giant for this challenge.

With that said...

@ Igor Sandman >>> I did Don's first workshop in Monster Design. I hope you really enjoy it.

@ Nannoninn >>> Hello! and a warm welcome to you. You've got a really nice start for an idea there, and I hope you develop it, and really get something out of the project. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

@ aggie93 >>> Yeah, I'll bet that is a very visceral experience. Hope you broke out some pencils and had a good sketch book with you. nothing like drawing from the real thing i bet... even if it is "plasticised."

@ questionmarks >>> another first class start from you, and I look forward to seeing it worked up, like you have done with the other projects so far. Really great to see.

Cheers all
MIKE

Old 05-30-2007, 08:09 AM   #25
default-rol
Character Modeller

portfolio
Michael
Character Artist
The Character Warehouse

Thumbs up

Quote:
Oh, you know what? Sorry guys, I thought it was alright in this one to finish w/ a 2d illustration... unfortunately I don't know 3d! So I'll go find an appropriate thread. Thanks for the inspiration & keep working on the awesome stuff!

Hey, don't leave! LOL! >>> 2D, 3D or both is perfectly fine on this thread. Everyone has their preference, and if your's is 2D then 2D is what you should do. Your choice of tools should not stop you enjoying the brief. Loads of people in previous workshops have only submitted 2D art, me included, so please feel free to carry on.

Cheers
MIKE

Old 05-30-2007, 08:21 AM   #26
Murfdog
Veteran
portfolio
Daniel Murphy
Newspaper Artist
News LTD
Sydney, Australia

I'm modelling a giant...

...of sorts
I'm modelling from a sketch i did
Attached Images
File Type: jpg giantone.jpg (9.7 KB, 29 views)

Old 05-30-2007, 08:54 AM   #27
Nannoninn
Erin Fellows
San Francisco, USA

Default-rol: Thanks! I'll definitely be finishing something.

Aggie: I went to BodyWorlds as well, but wish so bad that I could have had an anatomy class beforehand! I should go again... Some of them were astounding..

Old 05-30-2007, 09:21 AM   #28
Infuscos
Rancid Angel of Death

portfolio
Jay Turner
Student
Boston, United Kingdom

Send a message via MSN to Infuscos
Quote:

Ah! I apologise for misleading you! Sorry I was just expecting to see it in 3d (as most people are)... Really sorry!

Quote:
infuscos - your giant head reminds me of the big monster in final fantasy advent children.. ^ ^....and thanks for your video link in cafe 04....awesome video...(eventhough I am not using zBrush 3...p..)

That's half the problem LOL. It does look to much like Bahamut SIN. I've again changed my idea.. so i'll surprise everyone I hope when i post it up !

Old 05-30-2007, 09:34 AM   #29
Nannoninn
Erin Fellows
San Francisco, USA

the next installment..

Hey peoples..
I did some silhouettes, to feel him/it out...

I started thinking, if this giant is a chocoholic, wouldn't he be pudgy? Or maybe he's a pms'ing female giant instead! :P Then again, pretty, lanky giants are more fun to draw... anyone have any suggestions?

Old 05-30-2007, 09:36 AM   #30
Nannoninn
Erin Fellows
San Francisco, USA

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infuscos
Ah! I apologise for misleading you! Sorry I was just expecting to see it in 3d (as most people are)... Really sorry!

Please don't worry about it!

Thread Closed share thread