Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 05-16-2007, 03:19 AM   #31
MDB101
Expert

Eugene Mishibinijima
Freelancer
Montreal, Canada

Send a message via ICQ to MDB101
Wouldnt they be birds? heheh anyways neat idea, ill have to watch these concepts.. I dont have the time, but mabe next time.

MDB101

Old 05-16-2007, 03:33 AM   #32
peachstapler
G.O.A.T.

portfolio
Joseph Griffith
Computer Graphics Artist
USA

Send a message via AIM to peachstapler
I'm sorry mates, I think I might have overlooked when this fortnight begins/ends. Is it already on, when is the deadline, and have I already lost out on a chance to get a good start? Thanks. Slightly confused, your pal, Peaches.

Old 05-16-2007, 09:20 AM   #33
default-rol
Character Modeller

portfolio
Michael
Character Artist
The Character Warehouse
South East London, United Kingdom

Send a message via ICQ to default-rol Send a message via AIM to default-rol Send a message via MSN to default-rol Send a message via Yahoo to default-rol
Arrow

Hey all,

@ GlenGramling >>> Hi and thanks for replying to this specific query. What you described is how I got that setup with the broken/missing mentalrayTexture node. I'm starting to think that perhaps I don't have that node installed then? It's not showing up anywhere.

Does anyone know if/where I can download it?

@ MDB101 >>> Hope to see you on future events.

@ peachstapler >>> Hello and welcome. The events usually run on every second Saturday for 14 days, back to back. This seems to be developing the pattern of every first and third weekend in the month. This current event has been running since Saturday 12th. There is still plenty of time to join up and create something. I only got home to my computer late last night from London, so i will be starting my project today! LOL.

Cheers all
MIKE

Last edited by default-rol : 05-16-2007 at 09:44 AM.

Old 05-16-2007, 10:14 AM   #34
chovasie1
Frequenter

portfolio
Vojislav Pavkov
Character Rigger
Novi Sad, Serbia

sss mental ray

hi! thanx for all those dino pics! i dont have time right now to work on some personal projects but im sure that will be of help some other time!!

i dont know what is wrong with your sss... it can be confusing setup first time... but when you learn how to setup really it's 20 second jub...

i cant see really what's wrong with your setup but here's tutorial that i used first time to setup SSS in Mray...

http://www.highend3d.com/maya/tutor...ders/135-1.html

i hope that helps.. and try to read whole tutorial step by step.. a lot of interesting informations there...
but Alex Alvarez's tutorial for SSS is also really good.. but i think that he complicated with sss conections.. i think that is in this tut much better...

best wishes

Vojislav

Old 05-16-2007, 11:40 AM   #35
questionmarks
Veteran
Choon
none
Malaysia

an ostrich like dinasour with torns on it's head and tail,to protect itself....
it doesn't eat meat....a tame dianasour........^ ^...

Old 05-16-2007, 10:28 PM   #36
default-rol
Character Modeller

portfolio
Michael
Character Artist
The Character Warehouse

Send a message via ICQ to default-rol Send a message via AIM to default-rol Send a message via MSN to default-rol Send a message via Yahoo to default-rol
Talking

Hey all,

Here's tonight's contribution - I'm thumbnailing before I get into proper "design" tomorrow.

Does anyone have any preferences? I've got a couple on there that I like, but I'm open to suggestions as to which way I should go. I'm still not 100% sure if it'll be a carnivor, actually - though what I've drawn here tends to point in that direction so I'm probably going to stick with that thinking about it now....

@ chovasie1 >>> Thanks for that link. It seems I am missing that node, and I should be able o download it from the Autodesk website if I can ever find the correct page (all the links on that tutorial are redundant now it seems.) I'll work through that tutorial once I've downloaded the correct nodes for MR. Cheers.

@ questionmarks >>> Another great effort from you so far! Really liking the design - and those long legs you've given it have certainly inspired me to consider a longer leg on my design. Thanks.

Cheers all
MIKE

Old 05-16-2007, 10:32 PM   #37
Infuscos
Rancid Angel of Death

portfolio
Jay Turner
Student
Boston, United Kingdom

Send a message via MSN to Infuscos
I'm going against the rules, I'm going to make a herbivor, with the rough body shape of the brachyceratops, but to look menacing and evil When i get home tomorrow im going to do some sketches

Old 05-17-2007, 01:36 AM   #38
ReflectingAbyss
Frequenter

portfolio
Crystel Land
Freelance artist
Austin, USA

Send a message via AIM to ReflectingAbyss
@ default-rol: for suggestions on which one to do- I like the one in the bottom left corner with all the spikes, it may be a bit much though, for some reason I get a tropical feel from it. Come to think of it, the third one down from the right seems like a nice design too. But yeah, I'm a fan of spikes, so it makes sense.

I don't know if I'll be able to do this competition or not, I'd like to, but I don't know. I'll continue watching though.

Old 05-17-2007, 03:49 AM   #39
GlenGramling
Gnostic

portfolio
Glen Gramling
Assistant Professor
Indian River State College
Vero Beach, USA

Send a message via AIM to GlenGramling
Default-rol, what version of maya are you using i will make you a .mb file with the shader network and we can see if that works.

Old 05-17-2007, 03:59 AM   #40
depleteD
FX Artist

portfolio
Andrew Melnychuk-Oseen
Cinematics Artist
Blizzard Cinematics Dept
Laguna Beach, USA

Send a message via MSN to depleteD
My concept

Needed a break from my regular projects, deccided to concept this up

Old 05-17-2007, 09:42 AM   #41
default-rol
Character Modeller

portfolio
Michael
Character Artist
The Character Warehouse

Talking

Morning all,

@ Infuscos >>> Sounds like a good idea. Looking forward to seeing it.

@ ReflectingAbyss >>> Thanks for the feedback. I'm a fan of spikes too, lol. I've got a feeling this morning on the one I'm going to choose now. I'm going to play it up and twist it a bit I think, but I know which basic silhouette i'm shooting for. I hope you get time to participate.

@ GlenGramling >>> Wow, thanks very much for offering to help. I'm running Maya 7.0. Cheers.

@ depleteD >>> Nice concept. It seems very human (scapulas on the back, not on the sides, wider and thinner rib cage etc,) which is an interesting way to go, as I watched this program the other month that hypothesised that if Dinosaurs had lived, would they have evolved into humanoid lizards? LOL... totally insane... the stuff that gets on T.V in the U.K.... hahaha. I hope you get time to develop it as it is a truely different take on the idea.

Cheers all
MIKE

**UPDATE**

Here is a rough for my head design. I hope I get chance to really draw it out fully, but I'm running short of my favourite pencils. Hopefully my new order of them will be in time...

MIKE

Last edited by default-rol : 05-17-2007 at 03:27 PM.

Old 05-17-2007, 03:35 PM   #42
Rebeccak
Anatomy Forum Leader

CGSociety Member
portfolio
Rebecca Kimmel
Founder + Owner
Korpus School of Art + Gallery
Los Angeles, USA

Hi guys,

Just a quick reminder to subscribe to / bookmark this thread, as it will shortly go off of the front page.

Keep up the good work!

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 05-17-2007, 03:37 PM   #43
Infuscos
Rancid Angel of Death

portfolio
Jay Turner
Student
Boston, United Kingdom

Send a message via MSN to Infuscos
Quote:
Originally Posted by depleteD
Needed a break from my regular projects, deccided to concept this up

That's alot of to compete with I'm no good at 2d art, nor 3d art in my opinion But I try. I think it's a great concept and look foward to seeing it develop.

Old 05-17-2007, 05:18 PM   #44
Murfdog
Veteran
portfolio
Daniel Murphy
Newspaper Artist
News LTD
Sydney, Australia

mega-sore-ass

This will probably be the same model i use in the final
as you can see its a sizable rump

Last edited by Murfdog : 05-29-2007 at 04:41 AM.

Old 05-17-2007, 05:38 PM   #45
depleteD
FX Artist

portfolio
Andrew Melnychuk-Oseen
Cinematics Artist
Blizzard Cinematics Dept
Laguna Beach, USA

Send a message via MSN to depleteD
Thanks guys, I hope I find the time to model this guy, i havnt done modeling in ages. Part of the reason why I am doin this.

default- yea man i noticed that their scapulas are on the side. I did draw the skeleton and muscles underneath, but i'm to used to drawing humans, ahah thats why it turned out that way, i think ill change it tho.

-Andrew

Thread Closed share thread