Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 02-16-2007, 04:40 PM   #31
Nehym
Living contradiction

portfolio
Amelie Lamoureux
Edmonton, Canada

This sounds really, really interesting. :] I guess i might give this a try and that would also be my first time joining a workshop. I'm not sure where this will take me but i guess this is a great opportunity to push myself further.

Cannot wait to see what all others come up with either. :]

Old 02-16-2007, 05:29 PM   #32
vANON
xyz

portfolio
Lucas Starvader
Senegal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaHateChimp
Marcus Ottosson - Great start! Even in this early stage your composition is strong... very nice

thank you.

here's the final update for today.

Old 02-16-2007, 06:00 PM   #33
CgIcecube
Know-it-All

portfolio
Richa Kaul
New Delhi/ Bangalore, India

Thumbs up

Nice goin Marcus!..Wonderful workshop!..Count me in!..I wish to do 2D and 3D both!..Thanks for this wrkshop!..

Old 02-16-2007, 06:04 PM   #34
antodonnell
Vertex relocator

portfolio
Anthony O Donnell
Senior Artist
Warrington, United Kingdom

Send a message via MSN to antodonnell
My bad, sorry for using the word competition. I do get its about self improvement and helping each other improve through constructive criticism. vincent1: Nice start especially with the help of beer

Old 02-16-2007, 06:23 PM   #35
matwire
Veteran

portfolio
Mathieu FROSSARD
Freelance 2D 3D
Mozelos, Portugal

Hi here is my workshop wip. About 2h.

CHOICE 18
RUBENS Pieter Pauwel_Two Satyrs.

Old 02-16-2007, 07:29 PM   #36
Rist
Lord of the posts

portfolio
Andrew Johnson
Barnsley, United Kingdom

Send a message via MSN to Rist
I have an idea for my angel/demon, but I am not sure whether it would be okay here.

I am speaking of a real life demon. He does not exist today as he died in 1985, but I think doing him would be sufficient for a demon and an angel. An angel because he was known by many as the 'Angel of Death'. I speak of a man named Dr. Josef Mengele. I will keep from the demonic details, but I will say this: he was a supposed scientist working in genetics and was appointed the post of Senior Doctor at the noctorious Auchwitz Deathcamp in 1942. He experimented on people of all ages and was the guy who chose who would live and who would be gassed. For those who know him, you probably agree that he is a demon in human form.

This is a rough sketch of him in action at teh Selection. Would I be able to carry on with this here? I am probably still going to do it, whether shown here or not.

I have colour coded it to explain my intentions. The light blue 'people' are the twins that he selected at the Selections ramp (when the Jews came off the train). The red people are the SS guards and the person on the box is Mengele. The people in the foreground are the people waiting for selection. The chimneys in the back are the crematoriums, which are being disguised by the hedges and fence.

He fits into the criteria as a demon, if they ever exist/ed.

Sketchbook

Last edited by Rist : 02-16-2007 at 10:23 PM.

Old 02-16-2007, 07:55 PM   #37
eduart
Unhatched egg

portfolio
Eduard Mirica
Pitesti, Romania

Send a message via Yahoo to eduart
Hi,

Back in business!!!
My eyes stuck on the 18th number... hope to have time to make something .... I have so much to learn for my final highschool BIG exam ... and the romanian languege gives me headache ... I hate to learn by heart : ( : )

good luck to you all!
lets have fun!!!

Edd

Old 02-16-2007, 08:38 PM   #38
Nothingness
a.k.a. Fatzaxx

portfolio
Nico Strobbe
OMFG
Gent, Belgium

hey all,

i've been busy for a few hours now, and i think it's time to post something. I think much could change on this thing, but we'll get there somehow.
I'll try and do a typical work with the combination between the angel and the devil. This is more like the contrast between the visible and the non-visible.

cheers

Old 02-16-2007, 08:48 PM   #39
Ravmaster
Veteran

portfolio
Ravi Luhar
Student
Genutech
London, United Kingdom

Send a message via AIM to Ravmaster Send a message via MSN to Ravmaster Send a message via Yahoo to Ravmaster
I have a question...

i am traditionally drawing no 2 and was wondering do i have to fit in the whole pic into the page.. if so i dont think that'll work for me...
My Deviantart Gallery
My Sketchbook Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 09:33 PM   #40
vANON
xyz

portfolio
Lucas Starvader
Senegal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl3wk
I have an idea for my angel or demon, but I am not sure whether it would be approved of here.

I speaking of a real life embodiment of a demon. He does not exist today as he was discovered dead in 1985, but I think doing him would be sufficient for a demon and an angel. An angel because he was known by many as the 'Angel of Death'. I speak of a man names Dr. Josef Mengele. I will keep from the demonic details, but he I will say this. He was a supposed scientist working in Genetics and was appointed the post of Senior Doctor at the noctorious Auchwitz Deathcamp in 1942. He experimented on people of all ages and was the man who chose who would live and who would die. For those who know who I am speaking of, you probably agree that he is a demon in human form.

This is a rough sketch of him in action at teh Selection. Would I be able to carry on with this here? I am probably still going to do it, whether shown here or not.

I have colour coded it to explain my intentions. the light blue 'people' are the twins he selected at the Selections. the red people are the SS guards and the person on the box is Mengele. The people in the very foreground are the people waiting for selection. The chimneys in the back are the crematoriums, which are being disguised by the hedges.

He fits into the criteria as a demon if they ever existed.

i'm not sure of whom you speak, but i like your idea. can't see any reason why it shouldn´t be ok to post it here, devils exist in many forms. like you illustration too it's gonna be exciting to see what you have in mind.

Old 02-16-2007, 09:41 PM   #41
Ravmaster
Veteran

portfolio
Ravi Luhar
Student
Genutech
London, United Kingdom

Send a message via AIM to Ravmaster Send a message via MSN to Ravmaster Send a message via Yahoo to Ravmaster
here is the left half of No.2

BTW - Nothingness you peice is a very nice idea! and its coming along very nicely
My Deviantart Gallery
My Sketchbook Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 10:07 PM   #42
TimMehmet
Frequenter

portfolio
Tim Mehmet
Barking, United Kingdom

Send a message via MSN to TimMehmet
heres mine so far, just blocking out the shapes and basic colours

Old 02-16-2007, 10:25 PM   #43
Rist
Lord of the posts

portfolio
Andrew Johnson
Barnsley, United Kingdom

Send a message via MSN to Rist
Quote:
Originally Posted by vANON
i'm not sure of whom you speak, but i like your idea. can't see any reason why it shouldn´t be ok to post it here, devils exist in many forms. like you illustration too it's gonna be exciting to see what you have in mind.

Thanks. I did not like any of the samples on the reference sheet so I figured I would just make my own up. The reason why it may not be appropriate is because its a very sensitive subject to a lot of people. I will wait to see what Reb/Mecha says.

Sketchbook

Old 02-16-2007, 10:37 PM   #44
Rebeccak
Anatomy Forum Leader

CGSociety Member
portfolio
Rebecca Kimmel
Founder + Owner
Korpus School of Art + Gallery
Los Angeles, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl3wk
Thanks. I did not like any of the samples on the reference sheet so I figured I would just make my own up. The reason why it may not be appropriate is because its a very sensitive subject to a lot of people. I will wait to see what Reb/Mecha says.

Hmmm...kind of on the fence about this one. I understand the intent but I think generally it's a good idea to steer clear of political / controversial subjects like this so I would request that you perhaps take a different tack...it's not to discourage you from doing something creative, it's just that subjects like these can lead to flame wars and it is a sensitive topic, so that is something I would respectfully request that we avoid.

Hope you understand.

Cheers

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 02-16-2007, 10:42 PM   #45
ThePatches
Frequenter

portfolio
Amanda Lore
Pittsburgh, USA

oh yay! Another workshop!

I'll probably start number 2 either tonight or tomarrow. I want to do it in color though w/a few things of my own thrown in.

Although, I'm kinda tempted to do my own thing....since I've got a master study in the works right now. (it's in my sketchbook thread) I could take the things I'm learning in that study and apply it to another work.

I dunno... We'll see, I'll do something for this as I <3 the theme soo much!

I really like everyone's progress/ideas so far, can't wait to see what becomes of them!

Last edited by ThePatches : 02-16-2007 at 10:48 PM.

Thread Closed share thread