TUTORIAL - Traditional Pencil Shading Technique - by Icey (NUDITY)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2007   #16
thank you, thank you! Very helpful - and timely for me, I was just asking for advice on shading!

Abby

Old 02 February 2007   #17
great tips

Hey Icey, great tips for drawing. The only thing that could make it better is if the direction you shaded in reflected the form of the object, the way you're shaded only reflects light values.

I definitely agree with darkening a "finished" drawing, you can't worry about localized details if the drawing doesn't pull together as a whole. The final layer of shading really reinforces the impact of the work.

Old 02 February 2007   #18
Icey

That's a lovely tutorial; with lovely artwork to go with it!

Wonderful

cheers and take care
a.

Old 02 February 2007   #19
Amazing skill! A bizarre and great tutorial.

Old 02 February 2007   #20
Whooo,proberly not so original when i say thanks for sharing, but i'll say it anyway,so....
thanks for sharing!!!ha,ha.
I love pencilwork too!!!Really nice work you got there!

Old 02 February 2007   #21
frumos bre, misto cum ai rotit/mixat imaginile alea

Old 02 February 2007   #22
Iridyse - Thank you! I’m glad you are still checking on my work! Your opinion always counts! Best wishes!

Glen - Cheers, my friend!

Rebecca - I own you a lot for allowing me to show this! Thanks a million for the sticky and the major backup! I'll show here some of my work and any further tutorials.

CyborgJA - hehehe Thank you!

Djampa - you should! Once you'll get a certain level you'll love it more than life itself!

Ravmaster - There will be something new everytime! - at least i hope so

botched - Me like it too! Thanks a lot!

edenceleste - I'm glad i did! I hope i have the same effect on others too. More to come....
deco-3d - Glad to be of any help! Cheers!

2100 - I know what you're talking about. I try to fallow that every time... I’ve used that around the eye sockets to show the bumping in volume as it grows towards the edge of the sockets, but I only use that in extreme situations because it takes more time. Otherwise a very soft, uniform hatching will do… You are absolutely right about pulling the drawing as a whole. Regarding this, I really think details are unimportant compared to the whole image. They are just that little extra you need Thank you for this great remark! It is exactly the kind of reply I needed to hear! Cheers!

Frejasphere - Thank you! I'll show my portofolio work here too... just in case... Sorry if you have to see them twice...

Jadetiger - Thanks! Bizarre is the kind of stuff i like!

OKMER - Doesn't hurt to hear it again! hehehe Thanks a lot!

Some other traditional stuff i have around here - Sorry for those who've seen them before.

Old 02 February 2007   #23
Dominus - Mersi frumos! Ma bucur sa te vad pe aici you've posted the same time i did. Glad you've dropped a word! Cheers!

The first one is the real drawing, the second one is the drawing inverted in photoshop - just a little expeiment i've tried

Last edited by Icey : 02 February 2007 at 06:06 PM.

Old 02 February 2007   #24
bravo machule, felicitari pentru plug, ce surpriza placuta sa vezi oameni de varsta ta in frontpage pe cgtalk. tine-o tot asa ca mergi bine!

Old 02 February 2007   #25
Damn Icey! HUGE improvement since I last saw some of your stuff, you just keep improving unbelievable. I'm going to have to work much harder to catch up - you're miles and miles ahead. Sweet stuff man, and congrats on becoming a mod over at SoFA!

Kudos mate, hope to see more tuts - this one was great!
ciao!

- d.

ca.org sketchbook thread
cgs sketchbook

Old 02 February 2007   #26
:(

hey!!! i cant see any images in between lines of ur tutorial! something should be wrong with me,i see no one has the same problem!
can u post the addresses?
Regards,
aLI
[ Convertion is what which is happening to me... ]
aLi.

Old 02 February 2007   #27
aliasali,

This may be due to nudity filters / controls in your country - I can see the images fine, but if anyone else also has a problem seeing the images, please let me know.

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 02 February 2007   #28
Icey, your work is astounding. Thanks a lot for sharing your knowledge and for pleasing our eyes with those wonderful drawings!

I would love to see more!!

All my respect

Bless

Old 02 February 2007   #29
I love the last one in the second post!!! do you use a *B pencil? or a HB?

Old 02 February 2007   #30
That is awesome. Thanks again for sharing!

Thread Closed share thread