Open Figure Drawing Workshop - Mixed Masters - 020

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2006   #46
Great! I've got a couple other projects going (plus the holidays and all...) but I'd love to throw my hat in the ring on this one...

B O T C H E D (gustaf fjelstrom)
The Botched Blog (um.... my blog)

Old 12 December 2006   #47
Hello people, I'm new to these forums. This is my first attempt at an online project also. I hope to post as frequently as possible and continue to learn from you all.

Old 12 December 2006   #48
Talking Just Starting :D

Im very excited about this extremely cool workshop, I hope I can finish it before the deadline , everyone is doing awesome job gals and guys, here is the start of my humble contribution to this workshop, I choose one of Ingres , I did this directly on PS with the help of a grid and it took about 1 hour hope you like it and you can give me some feedback thanks for looking

Last edited by DigitalSol : 12 December 2006 at 04:25 AM.

Old 12 December 2006   #49
Dag-gum you Reb. You caught me off gaurd. I haven't finished my other piece up yet and I am studying for another exam in February. Oh well, I cannot turn down a good OFDW. So it is, OFDW 20. Let's see, what am I going to work on. I am so excited, my first OFDW in digital. Let's go!

My new anatomy thread

My Graphic Novel thread! & Blog

My digital thread

My anatomy thread!

Art is never finished, It's abandoned!

Old 12 December 2006   #50
Damn Ellie - Her hair is beautiful from what I can tell in the picture. Great start!

My new anatomy thread

My digital thread

My anatomy thread!

Old 12 December 2006   #51
Haha this sux Probaly going to spend some hours tomorrow or correcting it, or strating over. Anyway~

Old 12 December 2006   #52
Took quite a while to get the face to looke right. But it doesn't. Heck i kinda like how it turned out...for now.

Old 12 December 2006   #53
Thumbs up Great job in so little time already

SulaMoon:
I really hope you keep improving that paint because is going great , would like to see the next update already!!

Kuraudo:

Hey, great job in that piece I really really love the face of yours , looks like this one will be an awesome copy, something that I really love about Ingres' work are the fabrics, can wait to see the development in this one, I will keep watching your work for sure.

Old 12 December 2006   #54
Thanks DigitalSol. Yeah Ingres' fabrics are great, but it's his women that im interested in. Hope to critique each other later on.

Old 12 December 2006   #55
Oooh! the big 2-0 and one of my favourite Carravaggio's to boot.. though I'm sorely tempted by Leighton's image no 3, the oil brushes in Painter would be perfect for that! Nngh! So much other stuff to do, but but but... must find time! Damn this irritation called sleep! Some lovely work going on here already, kuraudo that start is lovely, reminds me a bit of the style that Aly Fell, aka Poshspice, paints in, it looks great so far, and your digital sketching is amazing!

Old 12 December 2006   #56
Numero 17

Here is my start for tonight. Then I am going to bed. I finished my lesson for tonight and made a quick 5 minute sketch of my master study, La Naissance de Venus. I know it needs work but I officially start with this then its night-night.

Hi Zeph, didn't see you here. Hope we can crit each other through this. More you than me...I need help!

My new anatomy thread

My digital thread

My anatomy thread!

Last edited by aggie93 : 12 December 2006 at 06:35 AM. Reason: To say hi to Zeph

Old 12 December 2006   #57
Hi,

@DigitalSol
Enrique. Happy to see you join in. Good start.

@ansu
Only 2 hours, wow. Looks pretty good to me.

@BGHart
Greetings from Hamburg, hehe, I think it is better to be slow and doing things with patience than to rush and stop.

Wow, many people, goooood.

@aggie
Thank you.

Next step. Hope my preparatory drawing works, I recognized the feet are too big.

Technical, I used no grid but made some feature points I measured out. Start position of Head and end of feet, reight knee, the right elbow and chin for not to get too off of the figure. I find this very difficult to do, feel the need of the undo-key. And I worry about the drapery, it will kill me.

Ciao,
Ellie

more 2 hrs.

Old 12 December 2006   #58
I'll join. This is an exercise that I want to do. I will do with 3d this time.

Old 12 December 2006   #59
kuraudo - Your piece has so much detail in such a short period of time. Great job. Sorry I was too tired to comment last night.

Ellie - Going traditional. Your pencil work is fantastic. I would love to see it in digital too!

OneDeadCat and Sulamoon - Looks like a friendly competition coming on. These identical pieces are getting done differently and will be interesting to see how each turns out using different techniques.

Reb - You started this. Are you joining?

My new anatomy thread

My digital thread

My anatomy thread!

Old 12 December 2006   #60
WOW! dudes, there is already some awesome amount of cool work in this thread. cool stuff guys keep em commin!

Myspace www.myspace.com/olszakmike

Sketchbook

Thread Closed share thread