TUTORIALS - Digital Painting Video Sketchbook - by Bobby Chiu

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2006
man, you're great. i have listen to your videos and i think there are some great stuff there.
5/5

Watch My Journey Challange Entry

10 October 2006
thank you

I have seen all your videos, and they were sooooo good that i needed to post a thankfull message for you ( despite of my bad english btw ). You have an amazing painting skills, your work are fabulous, but the things you said in all the videos are pure gold my friend. The tips on how to study, were extrmly motivational ( I think u can write a self-help book ), cant thank you enoth, and i will try to follow all your videos from now on.
I would aslo ask you if you can do a video someday in how do u set up your brushes, maybe do a few comments about it, when do you use a soft brush, or a hard brush, and y. You said in the last videos that you guys spend at least an hour reading art books, can you suggest some good ones, or comment witch one had the biggest influence in your development.
Again thankou very much, and as you said life will find a way to pay u off for everything you are giving to the comunity.
Andre

10 October 2006
Originally Posted by AndreKling: I would aslo ask you if you can do a video someday in how do u set up your brushes, maybe do a few comments about it, when do you use a soft brush, or a hard brush, and y.

I was honestly coming on to ask the same basic question, maybe not a video, but a quick description of the types of brushes you use to get different feels and for different stages. maybe a screen cap of your settings. anything would be great.

11 November 2006
Thanks so much, i'ts great to hear words of wisdom from somebody who's been there, done that

I just have one question..when you were painting you had a small version, and a larger version of your image instanced, they both updated whenever you painted on one. How did you do that?

11 November 2006
Roja - when You have a document open in PS , go to Window/ Arrange/ New Window for...(name of document) -

11 November 2006
Oh awesome, thanks a lot!

11 November 2006
Hey guys

From what i hear these tutorials are great...

But can you please tell me how to download the videos from YouTube?

Thanks

11 November 2006
Thanks for sharing your experience. Very useful contribution.

11 November 2006
Thanxxxx man. I' definetly gonna check it out

11 November 2006
Hey thanks everyone for the wonderful feedback and encouragement. My only regret is that the paintings tend to turn out a little worse than usual but my intent is more about sharing my experiences and thoughts. Thanks so much for everything.

I've added a new video to the first post of this thread.

Steampunk Myths n Legends

11 November 2006
i noticed u turn shape dynamics on and off without going through the brush menu how do u do that and wot sizes do useally make your canvas

11 November 2006
Yay! New vids!Thanks Bobby, I needed my fix for this week heh he.

11 November 2006
yguuuuuuuu

Last edited by Ceneglin : 09 September 2007 at 08:45 AM.

11 November 2006
Lovin the podcasts man, I've watched them all. Good to listen to your ideas while I paint, it's quite inspiring! Keep posting more! Or esle I'll have to listen to music while I work again, boo.

11 November 2006
Hey Bobby,

I'm interested in your commentary alot. Not sure I agree with all of it but it's very interesting to hear your take on it regardless. Thanks so much.

Thread Closed share thread