3D Workshop: Digital Anatomy Sculpture 1! The human hand - With Simon Roth

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2006
ACk yeah. *looks shamefully at the floor*.

Hadn't thought about that, I guess I have a habit of overlooking things I can't do with my toolset.

04 April 2006
Is it too late to join the llama partY?

My desktop should be up and running in about 2 or 3 dayz, any tips on how to prepare my self till all is well again?,

btw, i'm for this shop as well, so in the words of mr hankey "hiighdeehoeeee", i love x-mass pooh.

also, i haven;t ever touched Z brush yet, so i might be a lagging a bit behind you guys.

-------
Save water, Drink Beer!!!
Life: Sexually transmitted disease, 100% fatal.
-------

04 April 2006
Originally Posted by Corvax: Lord McGoat:

would I have my tool active an then go the sub-division I exported ad and then re-import it..?

--David René.

Yup that's exactly it Not sure whether I need to elaborate more than that really, but just so it's all clear -
  • With your tool active, go the subdivision level in zbrush you want to export
  • Go tool -> export
  • Import your mesh into maya with "Create multiple objects" set to false in import options
  • Do anything you like without changing the amount of edges, verts, or faces
  • Back in Zbrush, with your tool still active, make sure you're at the correct subdivision level
  • Hit tool->import, and import your mesh
As a side note, this will also import the uvs, so you can do your full model in Zbrush, and if you want the uving done somewhere else, just take the model out and back in again with its new uvs.

04 April 2006
Originally Posted by aceofamity: My desktop should be up and running in about 2 or 3 dayz, any tips on how to prepare my self till all is well again?,

btw, i'm for this shop as well, so in the words of mr hankey "hiighdeehoeeee", i love x-mass pooh.

also, i haven;t ever touched Z brush yet, so i might be a lagging a bit behind you guys.

No problem, join whenever, I'm going to cover all the basics in videos and tuts. (that you will need for the thread). I'm a bit rusty on z-brush myself as I've been strictly 2d for the last 4 months. (lol why did I volenteer!?).

04 April 2006
Wink

Quote: Originally posted by Simo: I'm a bit rusty on z-brush myself as I've been strictly 2d for the last 4 months. (lol why did I volenteer!?).

No one knows everything about a program. The beauty of these Workshops is that you get a lot of different perspectives. There are certainly tons of better artists than me participating in the OFDWs. It's just about learning from each other.

Cheers,

~Rk

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

04 April 2006
Lord McGoat:
thanks of help.
Just tried it out.. works like a charm .. Bloody brilliant in my opinion.

--David René.

04 April 2006
Big up for cg talk, learners playgorund.

-------
Save water, Drink Beer!!!
Life: Sexually transmitted disease, 100% fatal.
-------

04 April 2006
Ok cutting video was hurting my head so I did a quick rundown of some of the tools in the transform menu that will be handy for this thread. (contributions welcome )

Last edited by 99sproth : 04 April 2006 at 12:01 AM.

04 April 2006
I'm in. Love me some zbrushin' . I made a hand about a month ago, so it will be interesting to see how I am able to do this time. a question: Is it okay for me to post my 2d paintings if they dont have anything to do with anatomy in this forum, as I am trying to learn how to use color and make 2d stuff digitally. Would I put this in a personal sketchbook thread? thanks. Hopefully I can also scan in some of my traditional stuff to.

04 April 2006
Smile

Quote: Originally posted by argonaut: Is it okay for me to post my 2d paintings if they dont have anything to do with anatomy in this forum, as I am trying to learn how to use color and make 2d stuff digitally. Would I put this in a personal sketchbook thread? thanks. Hopefully I can also scan in some of my traditional stuff to.

Hi argonaut, welcome to the Anatomy Forum. I'll endeavor to answer this part of the question (Simo is likely asleep now anyway, being in the UK and whatnot).

Personally, I really don't mind your posting non~anatomy work here, but typically the place to post non~Anatomy work is here:

WIP/Critique: 2D, Illustrations and Concept Art

Where you will get a lot of advice and feedback from a generally active community.

However, many people choose to keep personal threads both there and here on the Anatomy Forum, and that is more than fine by me.

Here on the Anatomy Forum, the place to post your own thread is here:

Personal Anatomy & Sketchbook Threads

See this thread for basic info. regarding setting up your own Anatomy Thread:

FAQ: Can I Create My Own Anatomy Thread?

If you are interested in drawing / painting people, either digitally or traditionally, the following Workshops are recommended:

I5 Minute Sketchathon - Thread 2: Sketches
For fast, gestural studies.

Open Figure Drawing Workshops
For long term studies (2~4 weeks) where we are lately doing Master Copies. The lastest OFDW is OFDW 016, which just started and will continue for the next 4 weeks. I always encourage people to participate in the latest OFDW, so that people can work as a group.

Anyone may create their own Anatomy Thread and join / leave the Workshops at any time. Hope to see your participation!

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

04 April 2006
Yea I'm tottaly down for this. I'll start tommorow

04 April 2006
Thanks Rebeccak, yeah I was alseep then.. annoying time difference!

Andrew : Welcome to the thread!

04 April 2006
Little work built from my own base mesh:

Long way to go!

04 April 2006
Good start! The part of the hand on the right looks a bit wide, (after the 5th metacarpal), but I have no real crits now as its pretty early on. Keep going!

You doing a Sp today Martin?

04 April 2006
Hi
This is my first attempt at a hand using Zbrush. Still trying to get the feel for these new brushes. Far from perfect - alot of mistakes. But had a blast doing it. Think I will stick to the 2.5D til I get used to these brushes.

Simon: Can you please write a little something or do a little demo on how to work the symmetry part - I would like to be able to automatically do the other half of the faces so I can spin them around. If that is possible.

Take care
Glenn

Thread Closed share thread