CGTalk > General Techniques > Anatomy and Figurative Art > Tutorials and Workshops
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 06-06-2006, 06:15 AM   #31
killermachine
rules are only roads

portfolio
Amrinder Singh Nagi
Freelancer
Drool Design
New Delhi, India

Send a message via MSN to killermachine Send a message via Yahoo to killermachine
sorry for design errors...

hey nice of u notice that.i hadnt noticed that my side view would confuse u people.any ways the tail is only to balance its fast movement.its not in active mode in which its shell moves a bit forward an more heavy arms appear in front stabilising it.i'l dispel this confusion soon by producting its active an front view.
peace!

Old 06-08-2006, 01:07 AM   #32
Lute
Veteran
Rose Delva
Holliswood, USA

Send a message via AIM to Lute Send a message via Yahoo to Lute
hmm.. :3
well before i had my uh...epiphany..this is what i did :3

i havent drawn anything new in a while.. :3

here we gooo

i think i blew my arsenal
*faints*

Old 06-08-2006, 11:13 PM   #33
Pinoy McGee
For you Baby...I could be

Quote:
Originally Posted by killermachine
pinoy can u gimme links from where u had found that image of mr.shirow

Interesting design you have there. With your new tablet you'll be sketching mechs left and right in now time!

Just google image "shirow" and go to the source sites that interests you. Tons out there.

Good effort here Lute.

Last edited by Pinoy McGee : 06-08-2006 at 11:15 PM.

Old 06-09-2006, 05:10 AM   #34
killermachine
rules are only roads

portfolio
Amrinder Singh Nagi
Freelancer
Drool Design
New Delhi, India

Send a message via MSN to killermachine Send a message via Yahoo to killermachine
lucky me

thanks pinoy for the ref im colorin this mech i'l put it up soon.i jus got few dvds lik ghost in the shell episodes and collectors edition dvd of appleseed so now i have quite good data of masumure shirow
lute your ideas are good but as you said these are old sketches so i dont no how much has your anatomy improved as it looks weak here...

Old 06-09-2006, 05:45 AM   #35
killermachine
rules are only roads

portfolio
Amrinder Singh Nagi
Freelancer
Drool Design
New Delhi, India

here we go

my colored and active version ,3/4th comin soon
colored art-
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c...achinez/a-2.gif
line art-
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c...machinez/a2.gif
im not done with coloring....

Last edited by killermachine : 06-10-2006 at 05:17 AM.

Old 06-09-2006, 12:46 PM   #36
Rudeone
digital boy

portfolio
Rudy-Jan Faber
concept artist/illustrator
www.rudyfaber.com
Leeuwarden, Netherlands

Send a message via MSN to Rudeone
My work has always been heavily influenced by manga.
I love manga and anime and I'm the type of geek that used to collect anime figurines and builds anime model-kits I said used to cause about 2 years ago my addiction of collecting figurines and action figures changed into collecting Urban Vinyl (very rare art/designer toys heavily influenced by the graffiti scene) although I just received model-kits from Guilty Gear's Baiken and some cool cyberpunk chick (just had to have those ).
Anywho, like I said manga has always been a great inspiration for me but at one point I realised I was limiting myself and that I needed to focus on traditional life and figure drawing, although I've had experience in this field and my skills were still growing I did felt stuck at one point.
So I would like to advise people to not just draw manga only, but learn traditional life and figure drawing first, you have to understand the basics in order to grow in your work and be succesfull.

Some of my manga stuff:

Old 06-10-2006, 05:19 AM   #37
killermachine
rules are only roads

portfolio
Amrinder Singh Nagi
Freelancer
Drool Design
New Delhi, India

nice stuff

nice artwork rude one.i agree with you out and out.without actual knowledge of figurative art you wont know how to stlylise it..

Old 06-13-2006, 05:34 PM   #38
DigitalSol
I wish to be a machine :(

portfolio
Enrique Sandoval
2D Illustrator and 3D artist
Mexico

Thumbs up

Hello every one, nice work there rudeone, I like the way you stylize and construct the figures, really nice, here is something that im working, I have lots of things in my mind so havent be able to post the workshop, but here is something quick, graet work every one.

Old 06-14-2006, 02:15 AM   #39
Lute
Veteran
Rose Delva
Holliswood, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by killermachine
thanks pinoy for the ref im colorin this mech i'l put it up soon.i jus got few dvds lik ghost in the shell episodes and collectors edition dvd of appleseed so now i have quite good data of masumure shirow
lute your ideas are good but as you said these are old sketches so i dont no how much has your anatomy improved as it looks weak here...

^^;; sadly...i havent really drawn anything original... because realizing.. i could never be able to fully express myself... with out increasing my knowledge in anatomy and other things.. and also.. my obsession being able to illustrate the idea.. well.. but then .hating the end result..and saying to myself "i can do way way better than this"

Old 06-14-2006, 10:21 AM   #40
killermachine
rules are only roads

portfolio
Amrinder Singh Nagi
Freelancer
Drool Design
New Delhi, India

nice ink digi sol.so wen wil u show the colored 1.im waitin for your workshop

lute we all go thru that once in a while.u'l improve alrite jus don give it up

Old 06-14-2006, 02:31 PM   #41
DigitalSol
I wish to be a machine :(

portfolio
Enrique Sandoval
2D Illustrator and 3D artist
Mexico

right now working in the color

I always start with a tonal valoration, generally, for my stylized characters I do this on the paper, as a reference for painting directly with color, but this time I start directly in PS, so Im working on the reference.

Thanks for your coments Killer machine, hope we can start that workshop soon see ya.

Old 06-14-2006, 02:44 PM   #42
thondal
Lord of the posts

portfolio
Simen Andreas Skaar Skogheim
IT technician
Smartworks
Norheimsund, Norway

Send a message via MSN to thondal
i haven't drawn manga since I was 14, but I really want to start again.. by the way, really good tutorials on
http://www.howtodrawmanga.com/tutorial.html

-thondal-
Lollipop Fish (3D)
The Greedy Fish (3D)

Old 06-14-2006, 02:47 PM   #43
Lute
Veteran
Rose Delva
Holliswood, USA

thank you for the vote of confidence.. and i just love that picture.. the color scheme reminds me of another japanese artist works.. i just dont remeber his name right more.. :3

i hope to see more.. ^_^

Old 06-16-2006, 06:25 AM   #44
TOLEDO
Illustrator

portfolio
Paulo Toledo
Senior Artist
Gameloft Toronto
Canada

Hi CGTalkers!

I came here under request of killermachine man here to give my contribution drop. I have 10 years of Manga teaching experience and I’ll be glad if you let me share what I know.

First of all, learn the basics is a MUST. This mean, you must learn human figure, perspective, light and all that stuff before think in do anything related to graphic arts. There is no discussion here and I think every pro will agree with this (off course, there's always exceptions).
Second, it is necessary to demystify the concept of Manga.
Manga basically means Comic, and that it is, but with the Japanese style.
The issue about big eyes and exaggerated expressions comes from Disney… if you didn’t noticed, they have big eyes and exaggerated expressions too, and if you make the exercise to compare Felix the Cat, Mickey Mouse and Astro boy… you’ll find they’re practically the same.
Third, I do not recommend any of the “how to draw manga” books for a start, because the major part of them is done by fans who didn’t really know what they were doing, and 70% of the material treated is useless even for the beginners.

The first task for the CGTalkers interested in learn a little bit from me could be to draw a man and a woman naked, separated, in action but not interaction.

Thanks for the invitation and sorry for the late.

Paulo

DOMINANCE WAR III

Old 06-16-2006, 11:16 AM   #45
killermachine
rules are only roads

portfolio
Amrinder Singh Nagi
Freelancer
Drool Design
New Delhi, India

Question thnx

thanks for dropping by toledo and double thanks for your interest.i wanted to ask how do v hav to show these characters(man/woman u told us to draw) here on post or should we mail u??also i wanted to ask was do we hav to draw them manga style or normal way,i guess clearing up these two questions wil help...

also thnx for taking this out of my head that how to draw manga arnt the best books for these,well this raises another question....which is/are the best books for manga.i have 1 by jared hodges & linsay cibos(ilex-press) and another 1 by estudio joso(collins designs)

Thread Closed share thread