Workshop - Manga Thread

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2006
i guess...

i think people need to know what seperates manga from normal art i.e. difference in proportion, hair ,loudness of expression and all that.incorporating them would be very useful i think...

05 May 2006
That is the idea of making the comparisson between the 2 styles, maybe I can show it in anatomic comparissons, what you think?

EDIT: BTW thanks for the quick reply.

05 May 2006
purrfect

i was sayin the same enrique.thats the most baisc thing people need to know.being a stylized form of art if a person doesnt know its thumb rules,he cant progress.anatomic comparison would be the best way to start.u can contact me by msn and yahoo.so please do if u want to discuss anythin in real time...

Last edited by killermachine : 05 May 2006 at 05:15 PM.

05 May 2006
Sure I will, soon as i get a messenger account lol, thanks a lot.

Last edited by DigitalSol : 05 May 2006 at 05:27 PM.

05 May 2006
2nd thing imp..

2nd thing important after anatomy is expression.manga uses expressions to their highest capabilities.i cant use them properly till now.lol.but im improvin.so dont forget them too.

05 May 2006
Thumbs up

OK k.m., these are the answers that Im looking for, thank you so much for being so cooperative, I will keep in mind all these things, but I think that the manga workshop will take some time, because I wanna do original material for all the workshop, and I want to do a good one, thanks see ya.

06 June 2006
Talking eager

ok digi i'l b eagerly waiting for ur workshop ...... and all those who are interested to share their knowledge on manga or for that mattr their artworks in manga can put up here.it has bcome quite cosy friendly place now.lol

06 June 2006
okay i post some of my sketches now

and a little sculpture done in shool

06 June 2006
nice work

ur colors are nice bro ,i guess i need to work more on pencils as your lines dont look that confident.there is comthin about the girl that is bothering.lol wat was the project topic for that sculpture

06 June 2006
What's a manga thread without mechas.

Here's one:

06 June 2006
good effort pinoy and u said right,a manga thread is incomplate without mech's i'l post 1 too now.but dont u think in ur work geometry of the mech suffered in creating the pose??i think so at someplaces but thats just me

06 June 2006
You're right with your observation killermachine.

If you try this pose on a toy you'll likely break a piece. It's one of the challenges I think in manga design. When to exaggerate and when to draw a character or robot as one would expect in reality (form following function?).

Let's be inspired by Shirow sensei.

06 June 2006
Quote:
killermachine : ur colors are nice bro ,i guess i need to work more on pencils as your lines dont look that confident.there is comthin about the girl that is bothering.lol wat was the project topic for that sculpture

thanks dude this paintings a about a year old. I'm not painting mangas anymore.
the topic at shool was " Human Lifes" we had to create a story for this had too. it was something like robocop

06 June 2006
Lightbulb hey!!!

going by pinoy's idea i deciede to ink a mech i did as an upgradation of my previous version.hope u lik the design........
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c...machinez/a2.gif

sorry for bad lines..its been only a week since i got my tablet you see
pinoy can u gimme links from where u had found that image of mr.shirow

Last edited by killermachine : 06 June 2006 at 07:24 AM.

06 June 2006
hi killermachine i like the design but i think your mecha would fall down because the upper area is to much on the left. (the mass centre is not in the middle)

Thread Closed share thread