Open Figure Drawing Workshop - William Bouguereau Master Copy - with Rebeccak 014

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2006   #46
another update for tonight. got right into colouring, maybe not the best way to do things but somehow i always do it so messed up.

Old 02 February 2006   #47
Ok - I am in on this one - hope to post soon, but for now I am doing some high level analysis.

Gord

My Anatomy Thread

My Website

Good Facial Expressions Resource:

http://www.artnatomia.net/uk/artnatomy.html

Old 02 February 2006   #48
Hiya,
This is my first post here. I normally only sneak peeks in here or eles I would be tempted to do this instead of my homework... cleaning my apartment... laundry... Anyhow I had some extra time and I'd thought i'd get some opinions on my effort.
Thanks in advance

Old 02 February 2006   #49
Talking

StormyQ,

Welcome aboard!

I think you've got a good start here! However, your life will be made easier if you start from a mid~gray, and work up toward lights and down toward darks, rather than starting w/ a white background.

The following thread might be useful:

TUTORIAL - Digital Figurative Painting from OFDW - by Rebeccak

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=275436

Did you want to tell us a bit about your background and training?

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 02 February 2006   #50
my sketch

this is what i have from working on it tonite. i have painter and photoshop, but i dont have a wacom tablet and its too hard with the mouse, so im just going to stick with pencil. this is my first submission for a workshop, so im looking for all the advice i can get. thanks.

Old 02 February 2006   #51
i forgot

my name is kevin, i go to the art institute of houston. (texas) i will graduate in march with an associates degree in computer animation....but i still have alot to learn, ive had some drawing classes before but still need help...thats why im here. so thats a little bit about me.

Old 02 February 2006   #52
Ok, I think I have a working sketch that I can work with. I've cleaned it up but left some landmarks visible for me . Little update.

::Flemish Classical Atelier::
Art residencies:: Intensive Drawing and Painting workshops
in Brugge, Belgium

Old 02 February 2006   #53
update

wow, you guys are just too fast :-)
Great work everybody.. Keep up, but hey, you can slow down a bit - that is some killer tempo for the poor ordinary non-artistic bastards like me ..
hehe, just kidding, although I really can't possibly catch up with you anytime soon..
Unfortunatelly I can spare only an hour a day or so for painting and my progress will be much slower than the rest of you..
My internet connection went dead yesterday, so I'm posting this from the office..
Done with the sky, there'll be some minor adjustments later on, of course..
I've also done some basic color blocking, but it still looks pretty rough, so I'm not posting it at this point.. Tonight hopefully, If I can get hold of my computer for a couple of hours..

update:

Old 02 February 2006   #54
I think you've got a good start here! However, your life will be made easier if you start from a mid~gray, and work up toward lights and down toward darks, rather than starting w/ a white background.

Heehee, thanks for the link. I was thinking "this is easier on newsprint" and now I know why.

As for about me. I'm a full time Graphics Design major at Art Institue Las Vegas, as well as holding down a fulltime boring job. (I don't reccommend doing that btw :curious I started out wanting to be a comic book illustrator, which lead me life drawing. I discovered that there is something wonderful about the human form. I've developed the semi-bad habit of drawing figures out of my head rather than looking at a model. It's nice to be able to get back into life drawing.

Old 02 February 2006   #55
Here is my first pass after a horrendous pc crash... (not pretty)
She looks more like a Latina in need of a Treadmill and a Subway diet than a French woman,
But what the heck...
-R
This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government

Last edited by RobertoOrtiz : 02 February 2006 at 07:57 AM.

Old 02 February 2006   #56
Originally Posted by Mattellis: I have the same birthday as john lennon, oct 9th! is the 9th a lucky day???

Sure it is... but don't go to New York...

I am still busy with the animatic Micro challenge - it turns out I am the only participant so it will be an easy first place......

Anyway, I was looking forward to that challenge so I will finish it and start Bougereau-ing next week. I am glad I saw someone who chose the Satyr/Nymph piece.

Does anyone know something about the story background of this piece? I mean, why the heck would anyone not go where they want you to go?

Old 02 February 2006   #57
Step 1

Stole some time (maybe fifteen minutes) to start this "amazing" piece. I chose to begin by laying down some of the main masses with no base drawing (this is my standard method of painting). At this stage colours and values are quite off but I find this approach useful to train my eye to see the direction I should go for (in terms of color and luminosity). Done in photoshop using the "Linda fav" variant that can be found in Goro's brushes collection.

Old 02 February 2006   #58
Why not? I'll have a go at the interesting one!
Silhouette work:

Old 02 February 2006   #59
Interesting approach erilaz, it gives good readability to the scene. What kind of reasons led (if there are) you to the choice of that values ?

Old 02 February 2006   #60
Its quite interesting to see the various methods employed by artists here start their pieces.

::Flemish Classical Atelier::
Art residencies:: Intensive Drawing and Painting workshops
in Brugge, Belgium

Thread Closed share thread