Open Figure Drawing Workshop - William Bouguereau Master Copy - with Rebeccak 014

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2006
Originally Posted by aggie93: Holy Cow Batman, Is everyone in here unemployed? Y'all posted so quick! LOL

HAHAA you know it robin , in my case anyways lol

02 February 2006
Originally Posted by Rebecca: Mr. Mu,

Yep, it's a superstition thang! Erm...I always substitute in 12B...

LOL, everytime I think I figured you out you come up with something new I want to raise my eyebrows about like Mr. Spock bumping into "human irrationality"...

I shall call you Strangelina from now on....

02 February 2006
Bah I feel all left out hehe. I don't think I've quite got the energy to do this OFDW, though it's for sure going to be a pleasure to watch. Great starts everybody, Michael - can't wait to see what you come up with my friend .

02 February 2006
@Rebeccak: Oh, thank you for the warm welcome and for your kind words of encouragement..
Much appreciated ..
@everyone participating: Have fun and enjoy it..

There goes the sketch(es)..

and the other version if anyone's curious..

02 February 2006
just a little update

Hey everyone ! just a little update on my progress so far
Im having a bit of trouble trying to match up the skin tone colors etc but i will keep trying.

Cheers!

02 February 2006
This is what I have so far after an hour or so......

I think that the head may be a little small but I am still in the blocking in phase.

Crit time.

By the way, NICE JOB EVERYONE!
MY DEVIANT ART- click here

Last edited by pushav : 02 February 2006 at 08:42 PM.

02 February 2006
Ok guys, you gotta give a a guy a chance to get started.

By the way, everyone who has started, is doing a FABULOUS job!

02 February 2006
im in too, started 2 hours or so ago after my boyfriend left. am quite satisfied as for now, going to lay some basic colouring down now on her. bg is still really rough, will come back to him some time later.

@makaron: great start proportions are looking nice, only her right arm seems a bit short. one advice though, dont start out with those greys, try it with a little bit more saturated light blue for the pale bluish look of the skin. carefully apply some greyish blue after that.

@ego: whee, looking real good so far you really are productive the last couple of days . hopefully this wont remain a 15 min sketch. see you around

@vnikolov: both versions look nice maybe you should colour the one with your friend, would be something slightly different to look at here at the thread. am curious how you would develop it.

@matellis: nice colours and a real great start. hopefully you update soon.

@pushav: hey mate, havent seen you in a long time great to see you here too. colours are looking real good as a basic layout!

so guys n gals keep it comin

02 February 2006
Pushav....you might want to establish the surface planes on the face and head right from
the start on this painting.....needs more skull on top, and more neck...line of spine up into
base of skull......squree off chin...nose...forhead....cheeks, and establish eye sockets..with
corect angles. Put the same amont of feeling and acuracy into this face, as you put into
the rap singers faces in your personal thread.....get it down from the start, will make the
rest of the painting more enjoyible for you to finish I think.
You are off to a really nice start here,...colors are right on the money...body looks good, but
the face and head are the focal point of this painting, so give them your all....
Just trying to be of some help to you...I know what your capible of, and would like to see
it all come together for you on this painting.

NICE STARTS....EVERYONE...

Rebecca....#13 is a very lucky number....same thing happened to it that happened to the
DRAGON....A PERVERSION OF HERSTORY, BY HISTORY....know the TRUTH..

TAKE CARE
Glenn

02 February 2006
Well here is what I was able to get so far. I hope to maybe get the rest blocked of tomorrow, and then I can try and start painting it in PS. The picture I took did not come out to hot because my lines are still very light so I bumped up the contrast some. As you can see I am still very much a beginner so any comments would be much appreciated.

02 February 2006
Hey everyone , all the sketches are looking really good , no crits here.

Thought I would post up my update since i am done working on it for the day. Its coming along good , im happy with it so far , if anyone sees anything wrong let me know , i need some fresh eyes , dont wanna get to far along and realize i did something majorly wrong!

Keep up the good work everyone

Last edited by Matellis : 02 February 2006 at 02:15 AM.

02 February 2006
Talking

Everyone,

Some really great work going on here, and I am thrilled to see so many people posting already! While I'm in the midst of the CGWorkshop and unable to comment quite as much as I'd like, I'm definitely checking in on everyones' progress and really enjoying seeing the great work done so far! Keep it up guys!

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

02 February 2006
Originally Posted by Spirit Dreamer:
Rebecca....#13 is a very lucky number....same thing happened to it that happened to the
DRAGON....A PERVERSION OF HERSTORY, BY HISTORY....know the TRUTH..

TAKE CARE
Glenn

Yes! Yes. I was born on the 13th. I am a lucky child

::Flemish Classical Atelier::
Art residencies:: Intensive Drawing and Painting workshops
in Brugge, Belgium

02 February 2006
I have the same birthday as john lennon, oct 9th! is the 9th a lucky day???

02 February 2006
Matt, excellent going there. Watch out for that curve at her back so it doesnt arch out too much.
Wow, what an energetic start you guys!

::Flemish Classical Atelier::
Art residencies:: Intensive Drawing and Painting workshops
in Brugge, Belgium

Thread Closed share thread