This workshop is open to any medium and any style. Some informal moderation
will be gladly provided by Rebecca Kimmel ~ however, the purpose of the
Workshop is for Artists to interact with and informally critique one another’s work.
Note: This Workshop will last at least 3, and possibly 4 weeks. Depending on how far people get in 3 weeks, we may extend the time period to 4 weeks.
William Bouguereau (1825-1905)
"Dante et virgile aux enfers" (corrected title)
Translated title: Dante and Virgil in Hell
Oil on canvas
110 5/8 x 88 1/2 inches (281 x 225 cm)
>>RULES FOR THE THREADS<<
1. Photographs are the property of artrenewal.org and are copyrighted as such.
2. The drawings created from the photo reference provided here MUST be TASTEFUL, SINCERE, RESPECTFUL, and for the purpose of serious study of the human figure. Those who post silly, disrespectful, or tasteless work will have their posts deleted immediately
and will no longer be allowed to post on this thread. Rebecca Kimmel reserves the right to determine which drawings are considered to be in poor taste and / or disrespectful to the Reference used here in the OFDWs.3. There is NO TIME LIMIT for posting on this thread.
3. Typically, new threads containing new photographs will be posted on a bi-weekly basis ~ however, for this Workshop, 3~4 weeks will be allowed before the next OFDW.
4. There is NO LIMIT to the NUMBER of posts an artist may make. However, we ask that you post only your BEST WORK, even if it is considered unfinished.
5. Artists who post comments and critiques of other artists' work on this thread must be RESPECTFUL, POLITE, and offer CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. Flaming will be NOT be tolerated, and constitutes dismissal from this and other threads.
6. I will be offering the occasional comments / critique ~ however, the main focus of the Open Figure Drawing Workshop threads should be on Group Critique and interaction.
7. ANY MEDIUM or STYLE may be used: Traditional or Digital Drawing or Painting, Gestural, Sketch, Finished Render, etc.
8. EDIT: 3D Artists who wish to use the reference for 3D models are free to do so. I just ask that you post your work here as well as in any 3D forum in which you post your work.
9. Please limit the SIZE of your POSTS to 800 pixels WIDTH x Appropriate pixel LENGTH. No huge posts, please!
10. Have fun, enjoy, and create great art!
REFERENCE IMAGE: Master Painting by William Bouguereau
Alternate REFERENCE IMAGE source (same painting as above): Master Painting by William Bouguereau
PLEASE NOTE: WIP (Work In Progress) images are an important part of the OFDWs and are encouraged. Please DO post WIP images as you work on your pieces.