Open Figure Drawing Workshop with Ron Eyre, Hong Ly and Rebeccak 011

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2006   #31
WIP 2:

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 01 January 2006   #32

Can´t find the time....

Old 01 January 2006   #33
This is about 2 hours work. I have struggled a bit with this pose. I know its still a long way off but this is a WIP thread so here goes.

xillion: great job, love the animation

Old 01 January 2006   #34
how to produce an animated gif in Photoshop

Marco J: nice work!

Just in case anyone was curious...these are the steps I followed to make the animated gif with Photoshop CS2:
  1. Painted in layers, there are 23 layers in my original image. Start from the sketch layer, underpaint (sort of) layer, multiple layers (as a general rule they are painted from dark values to light values) ... painting in layers can be useful for various reasons (that I don't explain here).
  2. Inside photoshop CS2, open the Animation palette and the Layers palette. Make all the layers invisible (clicking on the eye icon of a layer in the layer palette)
    1. Render visible the next invisible layer (starting from the bottom, just click again the eye icon of the layer in the layer palette)
    2. in the animation palette click the "Duplicate selected frames" icon (It is represented by a white page). You can choose how much time the current frame will be seen on screen selecting the appropriate voice from the pull down menu that is accessible with the black triangle under every frame in the frame palette
    3. repeat steps 2.1 ans 2.2 until all layers are visible
  3. Choose save for the web (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+s on a PC with default shortcut settings). Choose the gif format opions you like. Click save. Choose a name for the final product. Confirm.
  4. Locate your gif and test it !(your browser should be able to display animated gifs, some other programs just don't), if it doesn't work it was probably my fault
  5. Congratulations!
I hope this was clear, If some steps of the process I described are wrong (made it from memory), incomplete or just need more explanations just tell me an I'll correct the post.

ps.: there is also the possibility to save in Macromedia flash format (produces and swf file via the export command in Photoshop) but, in my case, the result was affected by strange artifacts.

Last edited by Xillion : 01 January 2006 at 04:30 PM. Reason: updated info on the procedure

Old 01 January 2006   #35
Originally Posted by SaraD:

Can´t find the time....

Don't worry girl... you're not the only one -> hahahaha tic-tac tic-tac

Old 01 January 2006   #36
*LOL* Lemog - It´s not that I don´t feel sorry for you and your head, re --->, but it sure feels good to have company!

Old 01 January 2006   #37
Talking

SaraD and Lolo,

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Xillion,

Thanks for the gif tips!

Marco J,

Great start! WIP welcome, indeed!

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 01 January 2006   #38
Originally Posted by Rebeccak: Xillion,

... I would suggest going in with a soft brush with a low opacity, and sampling some of your existing colors (alt + clicking / sampling colors of the canvas when in brush mode) and then beginning to blend using your low opacity brush and sampled colors...

Should I use a big brush ? or a textured brush ? or the plain old hard round ?

Old 01 January 2006   #39
SaraD and Lemog:

too bad.. I have really been enjoy the both of you guys paintings in past workshops.. but its understandable, I'm finding it harder to squeeze the workshops in lately too.

Rebeccak:
its always fun to watch you paintings progress and not only because you post a LOT of wips but also the way it seems to focus in like if your adjust the focal plane of your camera... its kinda cool, and quite skillfully done .

So when are you gonna tell us more about this new workshop/course your doing?

And to end it off a little tiny drawing from me. I know its bad, but I was kinda on a time budget here so dont expecting too much of me .

~David René

Old 01 January 2006   #40
Hey RebeccaK,

my daughter(4) when watching your wip while I scrolled through the thread: "that is totally supey..."

it loses in the translation, I guess... but feel flattered.

Old 01 January 2006   #41
Another couple of hours maybe. (quiet day at work, he he)

Old 01 January 2006   #42
Talking

Orig posted by Xillion: Should I use a big brush ? or a textured brush ? or the plain old hard round ?

Any brush you want! Check out Amerasu's Tutorial, it's really great (link earlier in this thread). I use a soft round airbrush, but lots of people like the sharper/harder brush settings ~ whatever you feel most comfortable with is best, but I like the soft brushes due to the ability to really nicely blend strokes.

Orig posted by David René: SaraD and Lemog:

too bad... I have really been enjoy the both of you guys paintings in past workshops.. but its understandable, I'm finding it harder to squeeze the workshops in lately too.

Hopefully these two guys will be back at least for commenting! And maybe later participation...

Rebeccak:
its always fun to watch you paintings progress and not only because you post a LOT of wips but also the way it seems to focus in like if your adjust the focal plane of your camera... its kinda cool, and quite skillfully done.

Thanks very much! I appreciate your comments.

So when are you gonna tell us more about this new workshop/course your doing?

Very soon, thank you for asking!

Orig posted by Mr. Mu: my daughter(4) when watching your wip while I scrolled through the thread: "that is totally supey..."

it loses in the translation, I guess... but feel flattered.

That's so cool, Mr. Mu! Thanks for telling me that! I feel *supey* inside...

Looking forward to seeing everyone's work when I get home!

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Last edited by Rebeccak : 01 January 2006 at 03:01 PM.

Old 01 January 2006   #43
I found out how to set the framerate... I updated the procedure given on the previous message and updated the gif with a slower version.

Old 01 January 2006   #44
Talking

Xillion,

Sweet, thanks for the graphics tips! Any more you've got, bring 'em on!

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 01 January 2006   #45
Blending, phase 1

I started some blending. I'm doing the blend without looking at the actual reference right now...so forgive me if something goes off...there also are some greys left out from previous background. I think I'll take care of them later.

Thread Closed share thread