Simple theories and excercises to improve your drawings

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2006
Originally Posted by Kirt: varying the lengths a bit (making the close ones longer and the furthest shorter). This adds depth ... perspective rule applies.

*slaps forehead*
Doh!

Originally Posted by Kirt: in moderation they (textures) can be helpful to introduce some chaos to your image

I see.
I read a tutorial by danielh68 about adding texture to your paintings which use similar methods. I did this in artrage however and that piece of software is basically a piece of paper and a brush - which is fine in most situations...
The mailman will deliver a copy of painterIX some time this or next week so these shortcomings of mine will change soon.
*fingers crossed*

I think what I can say already, though you say yours is not finished yet, is that I was still too reluctant to let go for the deafening deep blue on the right side, because I liked the contrast so much.
Also, I seem to have completely neglected perspective...!

These two things I can fairly easily add. I think this alone will help. Also I started on the other dept/distance study.
You know, I found that repeated pigheaded and stubborn finger exercise will eventually hammer things home to me...

That is the things you say will not be written onto water. I guess you know that I appreciate your efforts very much?

Originally Posted by the only other forumite on this thread: I'm doing this on my free time at work ... so be patient for the next steps

I am. Really. I subscribed to this thing - so mozilla is actually going to tell me when replies pour in. Do it whenever you like.

*fastens handcuffs to his wrist and Kirts ankle*
Take your time...

Originally Posted by trespasser: Watch out for that Mr. Mu...he's a feisty one!

Yeah, but as we see here I can also be a thickheaded one. Eventually, the whole anatomy forum community will tune in to "the daily depth", wondering:
"you think he'll graps the basic concepts today?"
"nah, much too soon."
"I heard they got him private tuition..."
"Won't do no good. He'll never get it."
*bitter nods from the crowd*

01 January 2006
added some perspective, further softening and desaturation to the sunflower.

introducing another character sketch which makes use of (lousy) foreshortening, desaturation, soft and hard edges and a bikini...

01 January 2006
apart from this being a bad drawing, and a horrible pose.... umm i fail lol.. well i TRIED to go for the depth thing.. but i guess it didnt turn out so well... (maybe i need color )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg al_gun.jpg (55.4 KB, 46 views)

01 January 2006
I think Mr. Mu got it.

01 January 2006
Oooh, excellent thread, I wish I had time right now
I'll be sure to get in something...

01 January 2006
Here's my attempt (just from the first lesson)

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread