Open Figure Drawing Workshop 009 with Ben Miller and Rebeccak

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2005   #16
Thumbs up

You're welcome, Andyonahill. My pleasure. I quite enjoy seeing the resulting works. I find it very rewarding.

I like where you're going, Zarracin. It's looking very nice. Although I don't draw, I'm not surprised that the left leg would be challenging, basically coming straight out like it is. I'm a little surprised to hear that you especially liked the first photo, as I'll admit that when I did them initially (about a year ago now), I nearly scrapped that one. Often interesting how that all turns out.

Old 12 December 2005   #17
Great poses Ben! Cheers!!

Old 12 December 2005   #18
Sweet another OFDW.

I'm gonna get right on it.

~David René.

Old 12 December 2005   #19
A break from the computer for me this time...pencil

Old 12 December 2005   #20
Very good break Pete really appreciate this framing... very closed... terribly graphic... good choice

Old 12 December 2005   #21
Cheers Lemog...glad you like it

Old 12 December 2005   #22
I`m not sure I feel like finishing this... The male figure is so much harder to paint than the female:( And my patience is low today But lets see how far I´ll take it.

Old 12 December 2005   #23
I understand you very well Sara... and it's worst for me... I can't start

...I will return to the 15mn...

Old 12 December 2005   #24
Drawmonger

This is my 15 minute pass on the pose. Time ran out before I could do anything else. So will continue WIPing it here. I am doing Ben in pastels on Ingress Pastel paper. Teehee, I see a lot of errors already. :P

::Flemish Classical Atelier::
Art residencies:: Intensive Drawing and Painting workshops
in Brugge, Belgium

Old 12 December 2005   #25
Okay so I'm about an hour into this ~ don't really like the way the colors are now, but other then that I'm pretty satisfied.

~David René.

Old 12 December 2005   #26
Yes Corvax... I think too you have many color range on your drawing... but your way seem good anyway... continue it, refine it... and at the final... adjust its tones... that will be good...

The arm appear already very good... I wait the same level for the other part... go Corvax

Old 12 December 2005   #27
I'm still working on refining some of work from previous workshops but managed to get this basic gesture in before going to bed. Excellent poses! Many thanks to the generous model.

Old 12 December 2005   #28
Talking

Some good stuff started here already!

Zarracin,

Great to see you here for the OFDWs! Your piece is coming along nicely...good proportions, value establishment is being well and evenly worked up ~ looking forward to your update!

drawMonger,

Great to see you working traditionally as well! I quite like how you've cropped this, and also like the sort of ethereal lighting you've given this figure ~ I think you're sort of onto an ethereal lighting phase, which I really enjoy! Will you be doing a digital piece as well?

SaraD,

I hope you do decide to continue on...a good start as usual, and surely a beautiful result. Looking forward to your update ~ a challenge is a good thing, no?

Queensoul,

Good start here, will you be doing a digital piece as well? I like that you are working traditionally, I think that it forces you to focus, as there is no Ctrl + Z. Keep up the good work!

Lemog,

Chicken!

David,

Wow, only an hour? Great start! Definitely looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 12 December 2005   #29
Didn´t like the colors. So, I started a new one. And to make the best possible chance for me to finish this one, I started on legs instead of arms - so I don´t get bored and give up It´s never fun to paint the same parts over and over again

Old 12 December 2005   #30
Thanks Queenie and Rebecca for the feedback!
Originally Posted by Rebeccak: Will you be doing a digital piece as well?
yep! looking forward to it this weekend.

Thread Closed share thread