Now OPEN!!! Open Figure Drawing Workshop with zhuzhu and Rebecca Kimmel 004

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2005   #61
Nice work PSR and thanks for taking the extra time to document your steps, it is very helpful to me.

Old 09 September 2005   #62
wow zhuzhu that pastel brush is fantastic! Thanks for sharing

Old 09 September 2005   #63
Talking

zhuzhu,

I agree...just tried the brush, very cool! Thanks!

~Rebeccak

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 09 September 2005   #64
Originally Posted by 11th Door: Nice work PSR and thanks for taking the extra time to document your steps, it is very helpful to me.

Not at all. It's all stuff I've learned on these OFDW's over the past few weeks. Very glad to be of help.

Old 09 September 2005   #65
Talking

11th Door: man~! glad to see your sketch here. about painter and photoshop choice, i can tell you something of my feel.

at first, both PS and PT are great digital painting tool~! i have do a lot in painter two years ago, cause painter got a lot cool media brushes, make your digital work like real painting. but at last year, i back to photoshop, why? because photoshop make me feel more safety.

you know painter's RIF file just can open with own, even if you save a PSD copy, but can't save such as impasto brush, watercolor layer in wet and so on. and the most terrible thing is [ bad RIF], it will drive you nuts~! it was happen often~~~!!! what a hell~~~!!!

when work in a large canvas, some of media brushes in painter will getting f**king slow~! i really hate it~! so,even use simple brush, why not in photoshop? and the layer function, in painter, if some brush set high [bleed], like [Oil Pastel], when you work on a new layer, that will get some white edges, you should change the layer blend mode to [multiply]. in photoshop, it will be simple.

so, as i said, photoshop is more jarless than painter. of course, you can mix use them. do the basic in photoshop, add special effects in painter when finished. so Craig Mullins said [mix used], that's the point.

but whatever photoshop or painter, they are just tools, not everything.

Last edited by zhuzhu : 09 September 2005 at 03:52 AM.

Old 09 September 2005   #66
Talking

Rebeccak: thanks for that useful preview, even i know myself 32 years, but also feel like new life this time~

Corvax: nice WIP, it make me feel [the thinker]~~~

PSR: great sketch~! nice lighting and value cortrol~!

enialadam:that's ok~~~ enjoy.

Old 09 September 2005   #67
Talking

zhuzhu,

Thanks so much for that useful Photoshop vs. Painter explanation!

Rebeccak: thanks for that useful preview, even i know myself 32 years, but also feel like new life this time~

Thanks, zhuzhu, that means a lot!

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 09 September 2005   #68
Thanks zhuzhu, that was a great explaination on Painter and Photoshop, I really appreciate it. I didn't know about the bad RIFF thing. I have only been using Painter for about 2 months now so I haven't run into it yet, hope I don't.

I will hopefully pick up Photoshop by the end of the year. Until then I will just plug away with what I've got.

Off to Bed.

Old 09 September 2005   #69
Thanx to the Masters

Mine studies..looking forward for the feedback

Thanx

Shyam

Old 09 September 2005   #70
Talking

shyamshriram,
It's incredible to see your work! As it's now very early in the morning for me here, I'll have to wait til tomorrow to say anything meaningful or coherent...but for the time being, wow, these look great!! Looking forward to seeing next steps.

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 09 September 2005   #71
WOW ! Compliments from the Master i know ..those are full of flaws...so im waiting for ur feedback...take ur time..its worth to wait for ur comment
btw i love ur works Ma'am ur works just rocks and im a big fan of zhuzhu's also...man u r a great artist and a great model too

Thanx to both of u for such great help

Thanx for commenting on my sketches also

Shyam

Old 09 September 2005   #72
Talking

Shyam,

ROFL, I'm no master, but thank you so much for your kind words. Gotta go to sleep now, but thanks again.

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 09 September 2005   #73
Talking

11th Door: [bad RIF] means some file date has broken, it was happen when painer suddenly crashed, maybe RAM consume, or use too big size media brush, but usually, it was crash by no reason and no omen. when you open the last RIF file when you just worked, the bad news is [bad RIF]~! only painer can open RIF file, if painter not, that was a really disaster~! Painter IX maybe better,but i always afraid when i work in painer, ctrl+s anytime and save a PSD copy.

if you like media painting in digital, photoshop also can do it. and, i recommend a free software: Artrage 1.1, its [Oil Paint] brush is rock~! you will like it~~~

http://www.ambientdesign.com/artrage.html

shyamshriram: thanks ~~~! your sketch just great~! keep up the good work please. everyone in ODFW thread just for learn each other, i think Rebeccak love to be a participator with us, not just be a master here~~~

Old 09 September 2005   #74
Thanx for the reply zhuzhu
Will try my best to learn from everyone !

Thanx
Shyam

Old 09 September 2005   #75
thank you Rebeccak and zhuzhu

this is my two stuff on the paper.

Thread Closed share thread