Poster Drawings By 11th Door

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2005   #61
Talking

What's going on, Hong? It's a reunion tour, lol!

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 09 September 2005   #62
Hey everyone,

Thanks for all your input and compliments.

Digitalputty, (cool name by the way ) I suppose the reason that the one you pointed out looks familiar is that the drawing is pretty darn generic in character (I actually have a pretty generic face, unfortunately, and I didn't push any character into it.) That coupled with having been a student of Hogarth and, since his imagery is everywhere, it seems likely that it resembles his generic head model that is prevelant in all of his books. That, or perhaps someone similar with a similar generic model. None of the drawings are particularly pushed in terms of character or pose. I am glad you like them though.

HONG, I can't wait to reconnect, Man. Yeah, I am taking a break from teaching to try to actually make some art again. I have been inactive for the last 3 years in terms of creation, spending my time trying to help students make their improvements. And so, like so many teachers, I fell into disrepair, and got seriously rusty in terms of making anything myself. I became a teacher instead of an artist, which prompted me to leave teaching to pursue some unfulfilled dreams. I decided that it was time to go digital finally and to take a chance at getting a industry job. It is really what I have wanted to do. If you have some time I would love to get together. We had some fun times at ACCD and you were always a great help to me. I've heard you've done well. I'll send you an email ASAP.

Pixelstalk, I will try to find some photos that I took during the making of one of the Anatomy drawings. I'm not even sure I still have them but if I do I will post a tutorial on Rebecca's Anatomy Forum. I don't think there will be much to learn there but I will do it anyway if I have the shots. My process really isn't anything special compared to some of the people on this site, but it is an honor to be asked. If I can't find the shots, I may do another drawing of a Hand or lower leg with foot. If I do I will document that one fully and post it. That may take me awhile though, Sorry.

Later All,

Kyle

P.S. Thank you, Rebecca, for all your help and support.

Last edited by KyleKane : 09 September 2005 at 10:31 PM.

Old 09 September 2005   #63
Very nice works thanks for posting them. You should do a book

Old 09 September 2005   #64
I love it...
Definitevely looks like bursn Hogarth, who's I love....

Old 09 September 2005   #65
Simply great...its gonna be an awesome study for a lot of people...gr8 style too...

" Good art is in the wallet of the beholder."

Old 09 September 2005   #66
Muchas Gracias man

Kyle thanks for making these resources available. They really help me with my students. It feels good drawing again doesn't it? We've gotten the Open Workshop started and we're going to continue it next quarter, but I don't need to enumerate the obstacles we're dealing with.

Makes me want to do some anatomy studies of my own....

Looking forward to October.

Last edited by PixelColada : 09 September 2005 at 06:30 AM.

Old 09 September 2005   #67
Thanks

I should say thank you for your posters. It is useful to me. I like drawing but don't have enough knowledge about it, (Drawing is only my interesting, I have never study it.) so I see I will learn more from your posters.
I consider it is the best poster for beginner like me.

Old 09 September 2005   #68
Thank you very much for porting them. They are very nice works 11th Door . I agree you should do a book

Old 09 September 2005   #69
ThanX Kyle, it's really usefull

Old 09 September 2005   #70
Kyle, I heard you were coming out to Vegas, You plan on teaching out here when you come out here???

Old 09 September 2005   #71
Hey beelow,

Sheff said you were one of the hard workers out there at the school. It is good to hear because so many don't take the education seriously enough. My wife and I will be coming out in the middle of October during the weekend to visit Sheff and his wife. I will pprobably be at the school for the Saturday workshop that is starting up. If Sheff wants me to, I could bring the original posters and do a demo or something. I'll have him let you know what is up closer to the date.

Later,

Kyle

Old 09 September 2005   #72
@11th Door

I almost forgot to say thank you.
It's really nice to have an idea of how you achieve your inspiring results.
So you work from both a mirror and printed reference when it comes to
muscle studies

I was wondering if there was maybe a plastic model for these,
since skeletons seem to be sometimes available.
So the days of dissecting corpses must have ended in the Renaissance?

Actually I remember this guy in our local class that went to medical school
and apparently did it, or so the rumour was.
Actually I was only 17 and just didn't have the guts (or stomach) lol

I'll have to look at the Hogarth books someday
Hope we get a chance to see your digital work someday.
Thanks again.

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

Last edited by Spin99 : 09 September 2005 at 09:54 PM.

Old 09 September 2005   #73
Hey Spin99,

Back in my days as a Teachers Aid at Art Center, I used to go with the students every term to view cadavers at USC medical school. I probably went 20 times so I definitely picked up knowledge there. I don't own a plastic skeleton at this time but It would have come in handy and I think they are a good buy if you get a good quality one.

I recently met a guy at Comic Con in San Diego that has an amazing half sized anatomy model. The casts run between $200-$400 I think depending on the kind you want. I will probably get one some day. I have sculpted anatomy models in the past but never molded or cast them. I just don't have the time or money right now to go through the process. Who knows, maybe one day.

later,

Kyle

Old 09 September 2005   #74
@ 11th Door

Hi again I updated above, but I'm really glad about your reply.
Feeling better now, pheww...

I suppose with good relations one could also talk Medical school
into letting one do a cast (?) I actually just lost contact.
It's probably not that easy casting something like that as well

Any case it seems books are much easier, and surely doing the job.
I can still just imagine the smell

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

Old 09 September 2005   #75
One thing I noticed when viewing the cadavers is that, since these are students doing the disections, the cadavers are not always so.... clean

It would be very hard to cast from as far as I can tell.

As far as my digital work, I am probably the last person on this site that you would want to see their digital work. I just haven't gotten the hang of it yet. I hope in about a year to be making something worthwhile but in the meantime I will be as active of a CGTalk member as I possibly can. Even if that means posting bad work and getting reamed by everyone.

Peace,

Kyle

Thread Closed share thread