Poster Drawings By 11th Door

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2005   #31
Very very useful, thank you very much.

Old 09 September 2005   #32
thanks for posting these studies you did
i was actually just lookin for some clear reference for the major muscle groups
the images i had were small and no where near as clear as the ones youve posted

thanks for sharing this, it will definitely help.

good work and take care
-k

Old 09 September 2005   #33
Hi Everyone,

Well, I just put my little boy to bed and have a few moments before I have to visit the sandman myself.

First, I have to say that I really appreciate the response everyone has given these drawings. To be on the front page where so many amazing artist have images that I couldn't do on my best day is a privilege.

I am new to digital painting and this society has been my best link to try to improve my skills. I learn from so many of you everyday.

With that in mind, I finally decided after over a month of posting, to become a society member. I had tossed around the idea for a few weeks but this sealed it for me. I have always been an advocate for strength in numbers and I felt that it was time for me to put my money where my mouth is. I haven't checked out the members only section yet but I hope to get to it before bed tonight or sometime tomorrow.

I am thinking of doing one more of these pastel drawings and documenting the process out and posting it on the Anatomy Forum. I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not. Perhaps it would be better for me to just do one in Painter IX. I am pretty sure, even with my very limited knowlege of the software, that I could do a much better job if I went digital. Pastels are fun but Nupastels are kinda unusual in that not all of the colors are of the same hardness and you are always having to find replacements for colors that are too hard to use on the newsprint. Plus, modifications are so much easier to do digitally. Not to mention that I need more practise with the ole Wacom Tablet and Painter.

I want to give a big "Thank You" To Dallas Good. Without him, I wouldn't have done these. He has been a great friend for 9 years now and I never cease to learn from him. Those of you from Art Center might know what I am talking about.

Anyway folks, I better hit the hay, I gotta get my boy to preschool in the morning.

Peace Out,

Old 09 September 2005   #34
Wow, Kyle, absolutely superb work!! I feel like I should be paying tuition or something.
Bookmarked: Bold, uppercase... Resourced

Truly magnificent work, front page status WELL DESERVED!

Thanks,
Daoine

Old 09 September 2005   #35
beautiful artwork!!

Old 09 September 2005   #36
My God, it's very, very. very good. Thank you so much.

Old 09 September 2005   #37
Deepest apreciation man.

Saved in the most precious part of my hard drive right next to rebeccas work.

Great stuff, if you get any more studies dont hesitate to post them. Your work is always welcome.

Cheers.

And good luck on digital painting Im just starting to really work on it as well.

Old 09 September 2005   #38
great work man!

Very useful to model the human body. Thanks

Old 09 September 2005   #39
Good reference material, congratulations. It's truly informative and easy to follow.

Old 09 September 2005   #40
Wow, this is cool! Will find them very useful I think!

Old 09 September 2005   #41
im hapy to see artists

Old 09 September 2005   #42
i dunno what else to say except wowness!!

Old 09 September 2005   #43
As a fellow ACCD grad, it's good to see the principles and techniques of Burne Hogarth are still in full swing. Long live the orange dot!
For those of you unfamiliar with Hogarth, he is by far one of the greatest illustrators ever created. I suggest everyone to look him up; there is a collection of books written by him that has some amazing dynamic drawings of the human form. Great reference material.

cheers accd alum!

To reveal art and conceal the artist is art's aim.

-Oscar Wilde
http://www.jadan.net/

Old 09 September 2005   #44
No word.... simply GREAT !!

Old 09 September 2005   #45
!!!

As what everyone has said! Amazing work, you have exceptional talent! ..and thanks for sharing!, a great asset to many! (On my HDD!)

Thread Closed share thread