Now OPEN!!! Open Figure Drawing Workshop with Hong Ly and Rebecca Kimmel 002

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2005
Originally Posted by rebeccak: -Brittany-,

Amazing work!!!
This will definitely be going into the "Best of" section when I get around to it...Awesome job!!!

~Rebeccak

Oh cool, thanks so much!

And I want to thank you, Rebeccak, for creating these threads and helping us improve our figure drawing skills. It's certainly motivated me to work hard at it.

08 August 2005
Talking

-Brittany-,

Awesome, you are most certainly welcome! I think the inspiration I'm receiving in return is more than thanks enough *tears running in rivulets down cheeks and collecting in Hallmark jar*, lol!

No, I really needed the motivation myself, and this forum has given me the kick in the butt I've needed for ages, and which I think we've all been needing on some level, so I am happy to be able, along with Hony Ly, to facilitate this cool thread series...without Hong's photos, there'd be no OFDW, so I am really thrilled he was willing to supply us with his excellent photo collection.

Rock on, guys!

And for those of you still lurking in the shadows, afraid to post your work...I see you.

~Rebeccak

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

08 August 2005
I posted work lol. I'l try to post more when I am "fresh"
MY DEVIANT ART- click here

08 August 2005
Talking

Small update...just blocking in the shapes the old fashioned way.

~Rebeccak

Psst ~ pushav ~ I'm going the distance. I'm going for...speed.

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Last edited by rebeccak : 08 August 2005 at 12:48 AM.

08 August 2005
to Rebecca-I want to see you finish this greyscale all the way to colors. I wanna se what you can do

Psst~Rebecca~go for the gold! not bronze nor silver but gold!

Last edited by pushav : 08 August 2005 at 01:38 AM.

08 August 2005
Pose

Hello, heres my try. Sorry I can never chat to much, only have alittle spare time.
SketchBook Pro on a Tablet PC - 35min.

08 August 2005
pushav -> thanks for the tips... I'm waiting your tutorial

rebeccak -> second work with painter, yes (my first : http://lemog.free.fr/lemog_v5/album.../2d/coco800.jpg )... but I think that the most difficult is not to learn a new tool, but really to feel anatomic proportions and for sure, transcribe them... There's many years, I stop traditional drawing or oil painting for 3d... but at this time, my problems were the same about foot and hands.
The second pose... I don't have a lot of time, but it's finally a real pleasure... I can certainly find a couple of hours. I don't know if many drawer are in the same case than me, I always have the impression that I wouldn't manage to finish something acceptable, so much they's dreadful and failed.

About your work... Nice update... I like your precision and you have much patience. I'm waiting the next steps impatiently.

default.rol -> good idea you have... In fact, for the moment, I don't have the same feeling in Painter than in Photoshop... and things which are logical seem less for me in Painter... The principal problem to trait these parts in bigger size will certainly to have to much contrast of brush size I think. For the next one, I will adopt a bigger size for the entire work.

pushav 2 -> "painter is simple it is kinda like photoshop"... perhaps I say... but when we used Photoshop for several years, the philosophy of Painter seems really very different and very diverting. But for really drawing, I'm conscious that Painter is the incoutournable tool , even if Photoshop allows to carry out beautiful pictures

-Brittany- -> Respect... another good example of what I like and which I would like to be able to carry out one day. I have only one word to say, cheer!

I'm okay with pushav... the tutorial is essential. And I can say why...
Originally Posted by -Brittany-: I'm not very methodical. It's usually just: a little bit of color here... some more over there.. etc.
I've the same "method", but without the same "result" hahahahaha

Zoontjens -> me too, I'm disappointed by vagueness... maybe to so much work.. but I also try to not spend too much hours. I acknowledge that it's not always easy to find the good compromise.

Dark3D -> What can I say... for 35min, is fantastic...

08 August 2005
thanks for the crits harrad and rebeccak
default.rol - good line work but your proportions need some tweaking, consider the front leg.
brittany- great work!!
zhuzhu-nice rendering in the lower body, really like the foot, though the solid outline flattens the image.
dark3d-good start but watch some of your proportions.
rebeccak-the movement in your drawings breath life. I am interested to see how your painted progress.

08 August 2005
Talking

Dark3D,

Glad to see you back! I would say that you should slow down a bit, and find some of the more subtle articulations of her figure ~ tho I know you're short on time, so I understand!

Lemog,

Thanks for your comments! I am impatiently waiting, too!

Noiram,

Thank you! Nice work so far! I like the approach you're taking to this...what's the medium? Painter, or traditional? I think it's kind of cool that I can't tell! I would suggest adding more darks so that you can get a greater range of values. Looking forward to seeing your progress!

~

Gah! Is the website slow today? I think maybe with everyone returning to school, perhaps they're hitting the site en masse...I can barely surf!

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

08 August 2005
Good stuff in here.
Just got off from school. So tired lol. But I must still post.
*REACHES FOR PENCIL WITH DROOPY EYES*

Lemog- Are you becoming a "Pusha V-ite" I'll try on that tutorial.

*Falls asleep into a deep nap....maybe*

08 August 2005
well, here is some update i am planning on making here an succubus because with those legs you can definetly be not human

@brittany: wow, really amazing sketch; but i would really lower amount of pink

@rebecca: keep it coming teacher i am curious how this is going to turn out

08 August 2005
Adding mine to the mix. It's about a 30 minute sketch in ink on bristol @ 8x10". The red is a bit brighter here than in the actual drawing. Will do another full figure pose when time permits.

-David

08 August 2005
Talking

Llynna,

I'm sorry, I can't see your post from home (my dumb computer, sorry!) but I will take a look at it tomorrow.

dbclemons,

Nice work so far! Do you have enough paper there to draw the legs as well? Looking forward to more posts!

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

08 August 2005
Talking

Gah! Not much time today, but little bit o' progress...the lower body is still in gray chunks, and too embarrassing to show as yet...

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

08 August 2005
Hello to all !
Before leaving for halydays, I wanted to show you my participation :

here is!
Its on painter, I dont know exactly how long it took me, but I think that turns around 2 / 3 hours !!

Bye ! enjoy u like it

Thread Closed share thread