BEGINNERS' Drawing Workshop - Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2005   #46
I just received confirmation from Alibris. My books arrive on the 27th of September. Aaaaaargh.

But at least I'll have them soon

::Flemish Classical Atelier::
Art residencies:: Intensive Drawing and Painting workshops
in Brugge, Belgium

Old 08 August 2005   #47
Alright..... I saw this thread and at first found it very interesting. Saw pepole one by one decide to join and get excited about it. I thought to myself that this would be perfect for someone like me. I took some drawing classes in school, but didn't really get good at it, just gained a better understanding of the principles involved. So after thinking about it I decided.... what the heck.....never gunna learn how to draw if I don't try. And what better way to get on board with it, then to join an activity like this, with accountability, critiques, assitance....IT'S PERFECT!

So like the others before me said...."Count me in!" Now, I'm bad...really bad at drawing, but I want to be good....really good. So if you have a list at home of the pepole joining in to do this and have a subcategory for those that you really want to keep an eye on and see do well......put me on it. And if you don't, then make that list now. LETS DO THIS!

Old 08 August 2005   #48
Talking

Jake3D,

Lol, welcome to the forum! No list required, you just join in as you choose!

Hope to see your work here ~ if you've never posted work before, check out this thread which shows you how.

New to CGTalk? Learn how to post IMAGES here!

Glad you're in!

~Rebeccak

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 08 August 2005   #49
Ok you've got me. I've had this book for a while and have been threatening to work through it and see if I could recapture some of the ability I had when I was younger.
After all what's the worst that could happen?

Old 08 August 2005   #50
i have the VHS and wondered if it was just the work book i was looking for? or both?

- thanks

Old 08 August 2005   #51
Talking

Golgafrincham,

Alright! You've got nothing to lose. Glad you can join us!

schnappy,

Good to see you here! Let me ask Mr. Shaun aka Stipick_S himself...he is frankly more familiar with the materials than I.

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 08 August 2005   #52
from what i saw its very cool. my brain gets alot of fatigue from doing these excersises. thanks for taking the time to help me rebecca.

Quote: I took some drawing classes in school, but didn't really get good at it

ive taken the principal if my brain hurts something must be right im in the proccess of spooning my brain up and sticking it back in my head.

Old 08 August 2005   #53
Talking

schnappy,

You're welcome!

Hahahahahaha!!! My brain hurts ALL the time, I suppose that's a good sign, lol!

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 08 August 2005   #54
Been away for a couple fo days, sorry about that guys. I have been working hard to meet a deadline and had to fill in at my second job. But I am back and I am getting really excited. It is great to see people slowly start trickling in. A couple of things though...

1) I have the work book and standard plain old/new regular book. I found the workbook to be an added expense that is not really worth it. You can get it but I dont think you will need it or find too much use for it. It pretty much is a one time deal and the paper inside is kind of crappy. Just use the vhs tape or standard book if you have it.

2) As far as drawing mediums go, you can get by with a number 2 pencil if need be. Dont go overboard and dont sweat if you cant or do not want to buy everything she says. For owners of the new book, the viewfinders can be made of stuff from staple/office max for under 8 dollars.

3) Guys that do not have the new book but rather the old book. Dont worry as the exercises still work they are just a little different but are just as good. The new book added a couple of viewfinder exercises that probably help, but the book was just as popular before they were added and just as effective. No worries. email if you guys have any problems.

That is it guys...we start really soon!! woot!

Shaun

and for rebecca stipick_s (inside joke)

Old 08 August 2005   #55
Talking

Alright, peoples, I finally got my paws on a copy of "The New Right Side of the Brain". So I am ready to follow along as you guys advance in your drawings skillz!

T~minus 1 week.

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 08 August 2005   #56
i will get my copy approximatly tomorrow if amazon is not too slow *gg*

i am curious how this is going to turn out

Old 08 August 2005   #57
Thanks guys!
meh, I had paid for both the book and workbook. Wish I had read this before . I dont know why I thought the exercises ARE in the workbook.

::Flemish Classical Atelier::
Art residencies:: Intensive Drawing and Painting workshops
in Brugge, Belgium

Old 08 August 2005   #58
so just the VHS is fine? and the first exercise is the 2 faces/vase?

Old 08 August 2005   #59
Talking

schnappy,

Looks like! If you run into any trouble, just let Shaun / Stipick_S or I know thru PM and we'll help you out.

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 08 August 2005   #60
throw me an email schnappy....

Thread Closed share thread