BEGINNERS' Drawing Workshop - Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2005
Talking

Fus|on and BernieK,

Thanks for your replies! I am hoping that more will participate than are responding. Generally, things are a bit slow at first, then start to snowball. Folks are free to hop on board whenever they have free time ~ this workshop will run as a sequence through the different chapters, but anyone is free to do these exercises as they can, ie, the workshop is never technically closed, though commentary may cease to be as regular after all the chapters have been gone thru.

Looking forward to everyone's participation!

~Rebeccak

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

08 August 2005
Hi you guys, thanks for the great gather! If I can make the time I'd really benefit from running through this with you folk... Is the first edition suitable or will I need to upgrade?

toe2toe

my 3d prints

08 August 2005
I think the first addition will be suitable. Great to have you with us. I think once things get going we will ask you guys what speed we should go at. I of course have to check with Rebecca on this as she is the queen bee.

Just for example, in the next 2 weeks I will be running through the book completely and doing all of the exercises just so i know what's coming and can answer any questions. Of course I will do it again when we start. So far it has been very feasible (for me) to do a chapter a day. While that may be a bit too fast, I can't imagine that every chapter is going to require 2 weeks to do. So, I will speak to Rebecca (if she has not allready seen this post) and discuss the realities of time with her ( I live in a dream world so I am not allways the best judge). In some of her previous threads she had inquired as to what other postees thought, so I would assume she is open to discussion regarding this topic. However, for right now the time line is 2 weeks and 2 weeks.

Thanks for joining up!

Also let me say that unless Rebecca closes this thread, I die, a large emp blast destroys all electronics or my fingers disapear I will allways watch this thread. So even if time is up and you still want to give the book a try, drop me an email and I will help you through it (maybe even do it with you).

Shaun

Last edited by stipick_S : 08 August 2005 at 02:21 AM.

08 August 2005
I have had this book (and workbook) on my shelf for about a year now, so I will take this opportunity to work through it with you guys. I'm going to attempt to use the Wacom for the instead of a pencil.

Thanks for taking the time to set this up.

08 August 2005
Talking

Joel Hooks,

Great! Agreed, I have many books with perfect, unbent spines on my bookshelf too, lol! Glad you'll be joining us!

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

08 August 2005
*le gasp*!

Oh this is too funny! I am soooo up for this exercise like you woudln't believe!

I am only seeing this post for the first time today. It's just so ironic that I've been planning to buy this book for a couple weeks. I just haven't had the time or the money to buy it until now. I'm heading over to buy it online right now! Weee!

Rebecca and Stipic_S, you guys rock! This is exactly what I've been wanting to see happen for a newb like me. This will be so beneficial!! How unbelievably awesome that not only can I practice the exercises in the book, but get some feedback on them too! Thank you thank you thank you!
See you on my first post!

~Ela~

EDIT:Wee!! I bought the book last night at Chapters, read the first chapter and started on the first excercises. Hooray for my right brain!

Last edited by Elaeria : 08 August 2005 at 02:08 PM.

08 August 2005
This looks like a really great idea. I already have another beginner drawing book that I'm working my way through (Keys to Drawing) which I'm pretty happy with, but I'll certainly check this book out at the store. If there is enough new stuff in there I'll probably pick it up.

...so count me as a definite maybe.

08 August 2005
I wanna do this...

Ok. I want to try this. No! I want to do this! I'll pick up the book tomorrow.

Is there anything else I need to do?

08 August 2005
Talking

GH33DA,

Great! You need do nothing for a bit over another week, as folks still have time to get their books...if you have paper, pen, and pencil, you should be set to go! Looking forward to your participation!

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

08 August 2005
Sorry to bother you but I noticed two different ISBN numbers for this book.

It looks like they are the same thing does it matter which one I get?

08 August 2005
Talking

GH33DA,

No problem! I just googled both of these:

0874774195 : seems to be Hardcover;

0874774241 : seems to be Paperback

So it's up to you which you would like to get ~ obviously, the Paperback will be cheaper, and should be fine.

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

08 August 2005
woot!! Book arrived today in the post! I'm going away for the weekend to visit my older brother and I'm going to take it with me and maybe do a few sketches. Also I will perhaps do some gesture drawing of my family and post them when I get back.

Thanks again!!!

08 August 2005
RebbecaK:
I would like to make a correction if possible. The exercises that are part of the first assignment can be found at the end of chapter 2 on pages 15,16, and 17. Sorry for the confusion.

Shaun

08 August 2005
Can't draw to save my life, but I have order the book now .
Hope to get some action on my wacom.
Great idea!

08 August 2005
Talking

No prob, Shaun, I don't think we ever mentioned where the exercises began in the first place, so no correction need be made.

Wow, guys, it's great to see everyone so excited! Looking forward to this a lot!

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Thread Closed share thread