Rebecca Kimmel's Anatomy Review 002: OPPOSING CURVES

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2005
next sketch for this lesson...

07 July 2005
Originally Posted by Redpoly: next sketch for this lesson...

ooooooooooooh,excellentness

07 July 2005
Ok, here is mine:

Sorry for my
terrible English.

Sketch everyday

07 July 2005
is it me or is the area from his chest to his waist a tad too long?

but damn,still impressive curvation.

07 July 2005
Talking

AdrielaSakamoto wrote:

>NoirQ, When I saw your sketch I was reminded of some of Ruben's work, in the style and execution. (The Assumption of the Virgin, for example and some others I cannot locate) http://www.myamericanartist.com/ame...t_id=1000928783

Opps.. meant to say: The curves, in abundance, lend a dynamic feel to what would other wise be a very static piece. I like the feel of it a lot, and I like that you leaped in and just went for it. You'll find your feet soon that way.

Given the photographic quality of your reference, I think you did very well with it. I couldn't have made heads or tails of it, myself. May I suggest this site for some great sculptural references if you are leaning in that direction. (they don't move, that's for sure!)

http://www.thais.it/scultura/default_uk.htm

Keep going. The best way to learn to draw, is to.. well.. draw!
Best,
A

__

Adriela and NoirQ ~

Some great thoughts and feedback here! Thank you both for posting. I agree that the best way to learn to draw is to draw...A LOT. I have just tons of sketchpads and newsprint pads that are just itching to be composted...but somehow, I can't bring myself to send them off...

For folks who are relatively new to drawing ~ and I think that even those with a lot of experience can learn something through practicing these exercises ~ I should say that I've been actively attempting to learn how to draw for 10 years. This is NOT counting the years I spent as a kid doodling and drawing unicorns *ahem* but only takes into account the number of years I spent in college and afterwards seriously trying to learn how to draw.

There is an old maxim about drawing that we heard in art school constantly that went: It takes 10 years to learn how to draw ~ 7 if you're a genius.

I'm going on 10 years of serious drawing, am no genius, and I still have miles to go...

Food for thought

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

07 July 2005
Originally Posted by NOOB!: grr now i can't see xillions drawings

I thought I was the only one who's missing a lot of pictures, I thought it was my browser.

Great sketches guys, Augustus great shading and form.
Redpoly, that is sweet too. He even has a small pot-belly, good job.

07 July 2005
Hi guys, I just wanted to pay a visit to say hi.
Becca is doing awesome, and I have to admit that the community is very proud and happy of her efforts.

I also wanted to thank to all who have posted their artwork so far. And if you are afraid to post, please dont be.

The people here are great and Becca is an awesome teacher.

And (hey I have to plug my stuff)
all of you are invited to please join us at

CGTalk Daily Sketch Forum

-R
This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government

07 July 2005
Originally Posted by AdrielaSakamoto: Noir, When I saw your sketch I was reminded of some of Ruben's work, in the style and execution. (The Assumption of the Virgin, for example and some others I cannot locate) http://www.myamericanartist.com/ame...t_id=1000928783

Opps.. meant to say: The curves, in abundance, lend a dynamic feel to what would other wise be a very static piece. I like the feel of it a lot, and I like that you leaped in and just went for it. You'll find your feet soon that way.

Given the photographic quality of your reference, I think you did very well with it. I couldn't have made heads or tails of it, myself. May I suggest this site for some great sculptural references if you are leaning in that direction. (they don't move, that's for sure!)

http://www.thais.it/scultura/default_uk.htm

Keep going. The best way to learn to draw, is to.. well.. draw!
Best,
A

Thanks, those links will be very useful! I spent a while looking for pictures of sculptures, with not much luck, so thanks On a brief aside, i did doole a brief layout first, its just its on a sperate piece of paper. i then formed it from that, with modifications. odd, but it works for me

Thanks for the posts everyone

07 July 2005
I have not touched a tablet in months, so hear is attempt in Open canvas. Heh dont plan on using tablet much any more i love the feel of pencil way more....

07 July 2005
Talking

Wow, wow, wow! Lots of great stuff going on here! I can't wait to start reviewing...this should be fun. Thanks for your posts, guys!!!

EDIT:

NOOB wrote:
>is it me or is the area from his chest to his waist a tad too long?

Hmm, I wouldn't have noticed this right off, but I think you may be right...however, the overall piece is really, really nice...I am impressed to see so much great work! This is really becoming amazing!

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Last edited by rebeccak : 07 July 2005 at 08:17 PM.

07 July 2005
jeez,i'm the only one apart from art2 that can't seem to load sum of the images in this thread?

07 July 2005
Talking

Who else is having problems viewing images?

NOOB, can you still see the image I hosted earlier of sphere's post?

EDIT: Xillion is a monster! Wow, really like that last piece!

Thanks!
~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Last edited by rebeccak : 07 July 2005 at 08:27 PM.

07 July 2005
yeh i can view ur images just fine.

but certain members when they post it just doesn't show,or it has a red x.

other people have had the same,maybe its my pc,i'm not sure.nevermind me for now.

07 July 2005
Talking

NOOB!

No worries ~ I think a lot of people are posting and also updating their images ~ hence the red x's. I would wait til the thread cools a bit and people have posted their work ~ then everyone's should be visible, assuming their links aren't TRULY broken.

Xillion has updated his images several times (which is fine), so that is probably why at certain times his posts have not been visible...

I've also been editing a lot of my posts, so, meh, who knows Web stuff! Meh!

Thanks, NOOB

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Last edited by rebeccak : 07 July 2005 at 08:46 PM.

07 July 2005
stupid digital age...go away.

hehe.

i'm gunna post sum newness after i finish that *mission of the surreal* painting i'm working on.hope this thread goes well,seems that way already!

Thread Closed share thread