Open Figure Drawing Workshop - Sorolla, Zorn, Leon Master Copy - with Rebeccak 017

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2006
Awesomeness, but at this stage I think you need to soften the eye edge. It feels right now as though it's been cut from clay.

WIP I know, so no real crits.

05 May 2006
Tonight's update - very much a WIP

05 May 2006
Martin,

Thanks! I will definitely take that into consideration ~ first I wanted to try to establish some basic values for the clothes, though.

YMS,

Great to see this!

Here is my basic start on laying in the values of the shirt:

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

05 May 2006
YMS, I love your approach! Wow, so much replies, I'm tailing behind already. Today I did some more work on the first guy. I don't want to over-render it though, because I like the way Sorolla has his strokes showing. Just some basic features that were wrong.

I also tried the second man (the middle one) but I spent only like 15/20 minutes or so and the colors are off. I'm having the old problem with sunlight on my monitor.

Keep up the great work everyone!! Zhuzhu, yours was especially inspirational.

05 May 2006
I think I may participate this time around. I don't know though, the only real time I have for painting is at an independent study period at the local school (homeschooled the rest of the time, and really busy too) and I don't think th teacher would approve of my painting a nude. I do want to paint the one of the nude woman pictures, because I really like the poses and it would be a great exercise in skintones, methinks.

Great work in here so far everyone! A lot of good works in progress!

Offbeatworlds.com

05 May 2006
Talking Update

Hiiri, yours is amazing, indeed this will become into a Master master copy.

daWinky, your sketch is really good, can't wait to see the painting process.

Ellie, very good looking copy, congratulations.

Becca, that looks pretty cool.

YMS, looking good, keep on going.

Maladie, I love the mood on yours, also the technique is very good.

This is an update for mine.

See ya soon

Last edited by DigitalSol : 05 May 2006 at 03:05 PM.

05 May 2006
hiiri: sweet looking wip .
Dan: I love that update as well.
Becca: What can I say, you are a value goddess.
Maladie you are doing Sorolla proud.
Enrique: wonderful wonderful.

Here is where I am at this moment. Will do some work on his outfit. I am saving
the awesome craziness on his head until
the last moments.

::Flemish Classical Atelier::
Art residencies:: Intensive Drawing and Painting workshops
in Brugge, Belgium

05 May 2006
Thumbs up

Awesome queen, love the way you are modeling the face, keep on going please:aplausse:

05 May 2006
Hi all! It is my first post.
I have started to draw it a pencil and a mouse. I hope for your comments. Tomorrow I shall take in hands graphire.

05 May 2006
Hi DiM, looking good, I like the face, that seems is the most advanced part, the rest is well structured for my taste, drawing with a mouse, is very unconfortable and hard, and even that your result is pretty good, are you thinking in apply color later?, that would be great, will wait for your next post.

05 May 2006
Smile Ofdw

Hi to all,

This is my first post at CGT...and i am little confused about this forums...I saw this workshop and since I am experimenting with C. Painter I find this very good way to practise my skils...
...here is my painting... it is not finished yet, but it is close ...

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g93/mazalo/mode01.jpg

05 May 2006
Hey everyone! Rebecca, I just know you knew I was lurking I'm sorry I never completed OFDW16 -- when I lost my progress on the Monk, I just went a general 'blah'... oh well.

Everyone's is looking amazing so far. I'm interested in everyone's styles and how they are putting them into the paintings. I don't really have any crits, as they all look good in their own way. I would also like to add that Maladie has impressed the crap outta me with her renditions. I think that loose style suits you amazingly. It's why they have painters that do that -- I don't think I could do that loose style if I tried!!

So, I've been working on the Hong Ly.. which after looking at it for an hour or so, is quite beautiful. This is just a crop of the most worked-out part:

100% zoom - I worked in 200-300%

I was having trouble blending, and finally just caved and used the regular ol' PS airbrush. I really don't know what else to do, since skin is like... umm, totally 100% new to me LOL. I did texture-ise the parts here with a couple custom brushes.

What I would like to know -- from all of you -- is:

What types of blender brushes do you use?

-L.H.

Portfolio

05 May 2006
Smile

Thanks guys for all the comments and posts!

Enrique,

The face is looking great ~ definitely will enjoy watching your progress on this one.

Queenie,

Great stuff so far! Really lovin' the warmth of the tones coming through!

DiM,

Welcome aboard! It looks like you are off to a great start. Great to hear you are getting a Wacom!

mazalo,

Welcome aboard! I really think you've got a good solid foundation on this. My one suggestion would be to warm up the skin tones a bit.

~~~~~

I know that the Forum can be a bit confusing ~ but this thread will help you to navigate to the best of the Tutorials and such here on the Anatomy Forum:

Tutorials, Workshops, Anatomy Reviews & More ... [links within]

Here is a basic breakdown of the Anatomy Forum, which is just one of many Forums here on CGTalk:

Anatomy Forum Structure Breakdown:

Artistic Anatomy and Figurative Art
The Forum containing the 5 sub~forums, which are listed below. All things related to human, animal, and fictional creature anatomy are welcome here.

SPOTLIGHT: Best of the Artistic Anatomy and Figurative Art Forum
Here you will find highlighted the best work of the Anatomy Forum from the past year. We have only been existence for 1 year, and a ton of great work has been produced here! Please note that all SPOTLIGHT threads are closed for posting, to keep the threads solely dedicated to showcasing the art.

Tutorials and Workshops
You are here! This is one of the most popular areas of the Anatomy Forum. We run an Open Figure Drawing Workshop here every 4 weeks in the case of a Master Copy (as now) and every 2 weeks when we are working solely from Photo Reference. There are many other great Tutorials and Workshops to be found linked in the Tutorials, Workshops, Anatomy Reviews & More ... [links within] thread above.

Personal Anatomy & Sketchbook Threads
Here all who wish to keep a record of their progress are welcome to create a Personal Anatomy Thread, which is like a diary of your work and progress in terms of figurative art and anatomy. Myself as well as an active community of users comment and provide feedback on your work.

General Topics
Here you will find threads that are more about people posting their work to General Topics, such as Life Drawings and Master Copies.

Concepts, References, and Resources
Here you will find great Reference and Resource threads for photo reference, anatomical reference, book and supplies lists, etc.

I know it's a lot to take in, but spend some time on the forums, and you will quickly become accustomed to things and gradually find the right threads and feel at home. Feel free to ask me or anyone questions at any time!

~~~~~

LM,

Great to have you aboard! I hope that this time around, PS will be good to you. Save lots of backups everyone!

Keep up the great work!

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Last edited by Rebeccak : 05 May 2006 at 06:30 PM.

05 May 2006
Bump

Rebecca:
Thank you so much, hope this update likes you

Here is mine, a face's detail would like to recive some feedback, crits and comments are welcome.

05 May 2006
OK! I have not had a lot of time to work on this today, but I do want to get this completed so that I can get back to work . Here is where I am starting out today (just blocked in the basic colors for the clothing):

My Painting Tutorial Thread

Thread Closed share thread