Open Figure Drawing Workshop - Mixed Masters - 020

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2006
Good stuff everyone - I appreciate that many are taking the time to comment here, that's such a critical part of these Workshops.

Just a small update from me today so far:

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

12 December 2006
Lovely work, both Mal and Rebecca... Mal, is that penfold in your icon! God I love Dangermouse! *grins*

And you know, Rebecca, that piece really reminds me of the finesse Da Vinci had in some of his lesser known works, something about the shoulders and the oval of the face is very remiscent of that style of painting. It's looking lovely.

12 December 2006
Thanks a lot Zeph - that means a lot coming from you. It's really great to have you participating in this Workshop.

I'm really sorry if I'm not able to reply to everyone who's commented here, but everyone's comments are appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Some updates:

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

12 December 2006
Great work everyone!!

Zephyri - woah - you got far with just those colours blocked in like that

Neox - the eyes are stunning!

Rebeccak - I'll never comprehend how on earth you make it so smooth

I'm IN! yay - The lady in the blue dress for me... Starting with my usual messy self...

I can safely say that there's no future for me in forging paintings My it's hard and her 'monalisa-esque' smile is going to kill me, I can tell... I think her hand is too huge as well...

12 December 2006
great work every one!

started one tonight

Mark

12 December 2006
wip2

Very impressive work Rebeccak. It looks like a 3D model.

I've started on coloring the face. I'm working with a lot of them trying to find a set I am comfy with.

12 December 2006
Talking new update

i never said i was stopping there.here's my new wip

awesome work ppl, @rebbecak "you r great "

12 December 2006
Neox - beatuiful eyes!
Mal-1 - so much emotion with so few brushstrokes. Impressive!
Becca - she almost look rendered in a 3D-program Looking forward to the colored/textured version.
Zeph - great colors! And lovely capture of the feeling in the original painting. Well done!

Everyone else! I haven´t had the time to be around for a while, and I am delighted to see so many new faces and excellent techniques and paintings!

Here´s my update. The face is to dull and non-vibrant, gonna try to fix that later, but now I´m on for the dress

12 December 2006
Originally Posted by aggie93: start out in a grey scale other than color has helped me get the blocking of the rendering in. I do not know, maybe you can use this to get you girls clothing down. As you can tell from all my work, I tend to leave my girls naked. There is a reason behind that. I am not good at cloth either. Good job anyhow!

Thanks for your kind advice aggie. Rebecca also mentioned to work in greyscale, but I am not sure if I understand. It is a way to get the values and contrasts right, but does it mean, that I should paint in black and white and then paint the colors over it? Or shall I take the greyscale image only as a reference to get my colors right? Sorry, for this stupid question, but this is only my 4th painted image and I never took painting lessons, so all this is new and kind of a mystery for me. And, well, my english is far away from being perfect. Britta

12 December 2006
Originally Posted by Zephyri: Mal, is that penfold in your icon! God I love Dangermouse! *grins*

Yep, that's him!!

Thanks Zeph and Sara D for those kind words!!

My Website
My Anatomy Thread @ CGTalk

12 December 2006
one last try

I'm working in Painter, I've reduced the size to 800x550, and converted to JPG. Patrick

12 December 2006
Patrick,

Please read this thread:

New to CGTalk? Learn how to post IMAGES here!
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=267088

If you have questions, please email me at rebeccak4@gmail.com

Cheers,

-Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

12 December 2006
Great starts everyone !

Very inspiring !

I'm doing a 3D base mesh on XSI so I can sculpt in Zbrush the Algardi's Titan.
As a reference I tried to pose myself and photograph at the same stance with a heavy weight over the shoulders... (sure I will never show these photographs... ever... hahahha)...
And I found something bio-mechanical about it... (that pose is practically impossible anatomically speaking... am I wrong ?) the original model who posed for Algardi probably died or went forever to a bed (since they hadn't wheelchairs at that time) *lmao*
The only not so funny part about it is that I got a real pain on my back... rsrsrsrsrs
(I will survive... kids.. don't do this in home !!! )

Intervain - Are you doing something in 3D here ? * ~ curious face...*

Rebecca - great gray-scale teachings, always good to see it.

Keep going friends, I'll be around.

Cheers,

Zupi Portal (eng)
www.drsketchy.com/
SketchySP
eduardo.janiszewski@gmail.com

12 December 2006
Djampa,

Thanks! Don't forget that you can, if you want, make a pose request to either of our resident figure models:

Pose requests with figure model Ben Miller - request a pose here! - Nudity
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=400770

Pose requests with figure model Ron Eyre - request a pose here! - Nudity
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=429565

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

12 December 2006
xiannc: yes you are right, maybe using the grid is limiting in some ways, but I am such a darn perfectionist that I couldn't bear not getting the drawing to look exactly like the original...I will try though, to do as some of you are, when I feel ready to do so! Yours is comiong along very nicely indeed!
shyamshiriram:that is the most beautiful line art I have ever seen...I get goosebumps when I think of what you will do next...
Zephyri:great to see you participating here, I'm sure you'll blow us all away with your skill. It already looks great. And thanks for the advice, I will definitely fix that. As for your question, they taught me the grid method when I was in art school...it was a bit different with traditional art (ah the joys of ctrl+z!!). In short, I do a bit of both of what you said, sometimes for a single line all I need is to determine the starting and the ending points and I do the rest without checking the preciscion, freehand I guess you could say. And for other more intricate parts, or things like the face features, I use the other method...zoom way in so I have just a few squares in my viewport and try to get those lines placed properly. Then when I'm done, I zoom back out and check the drawing in it's whole. I hope I explained that ok?...*phew*

So here is some very minor progress with some base colours...

Thread Closed share thread