SPOTLIGHT: BEST of 3d Sculpting Workshop - ANIMAL IN REPOSE

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2008   #16
some good work, really fun workshop. Some of them came out really great, shame i didn;t get in the spotlight, but a challenge for next time perhaps
Great work everyone, looking forward to the next workshop

Portfolio - Launched Feb08!

Old 08 August 2008   #17
Originally Posted by Agostinuke: You tell me pls why Glenn who is always inspiring and dedicated to the workshops is not included here BUT you included works that are totally OFF TOPIC.
Usually in real world workshops if there is a final exhibition, they include in it ALL the final works of the students because this is not a competition. And If you decided this is a competition, then you have to clearly state the rules and you must abide to them as well.
Glenn is a fantastic contributor and a valued member of the Anatomy Forum. However, the SPOTLIGHT threads are about showcasing the best work from the completed Workshops. The SPOTLIGHT thread pieces are chosen by the person who runs the Workshop but are also at my discretion. I am sorry if this doesn't seem 'fair' - however, the intent of the SPOTLIGHT threads is not to make the Workshops a competition, but rather to reward the great work done in the Workshops and to encourage new people to participate. This is not a prize, it's merely an attempt to show off the best work of people as a group, whose work may not otherwise be frontpaged individually.

FAQs about the SPOTLIGHT Threads can be found here.

Participating in a free Workshop with a responsive host should be reward enough, I think, for anyone who participates here. For those that feel unhappy with the free Workshops provided here, there are always the paid, CGWorkshops run by the CGSociety that I recommend looking into. I myself am taking a 3D course at a school that has cost me $1700 to participate in - anyone is free to do the same.

As a reality check to some of you, I do not expect that the work I create in the $1700 course will be frontpaged on CGTalk. Nor would I choose to complain about it publicly.

-R

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Last edited by Rebeccak : 08 August 2008 at 10:41 PM.

Old 08 August 2008   #18
Arrow

really nice work everyone! Cool stuff

Old 08 August 2008   #19
SORRY FOLKS for causing a minor upset in an otherwise FANTASTIC WORKSHOP...I should have asked the question about my work in a private message.. .LIVE AND LEARN..LOL.

Rebecca is correct in her judgement, and corection of the spotlight lineup, in my opinion.
I am just at the beginning of this Z BRUSH adventure that I stumbled into, and it is deffinitly not my specalty..YET.
Besides that, you young kids..LOL need the spotlight. I've already had my fair share, and it would be kind of wasted on me at this point anyway.
The future belongs to you....you know....so grab it while you can, and while it's there.
If I have inspired anyone of you to push yourself futher in this workshop and with your art,..then that's plenty enough of whatever you want to call it, for me.
TAKE CARE..EVERYONE, and KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK, WHICH KEEPS.. ME... INSPIRED AND LEARNING.... HOPEFULLY, I WILL SEE YOU ALL IN THE NEXT WORKSHOP..
Glenn

Old 08 August 2008   #20
Hey people!!
Thanks again to all participants! I am sure we all had an awesome time sculpting and learning things from each other. I am sorry for the little disappointments that may have resulted from the Spotlight thread. All I can say is that it is not that important. What is important is the great time we had and the stuff that we learned. Personally, if all our skill levels have gone up atleast by a few millimeters, and if our understanding of our art has become atleast a little better because of this one month of working together, then that is my true reward, and I am immensely happy about it.

Glenn, your participation is greatly appreciated, and I loved your work.

Last edited by anandpg : 08 August 2008 at 09:42 PM.

Old 08 August 2008   #21
Everyone did great !
Congratulations! I loved that elephant you did, joyful feeling and great modeling.

Best wishes to all.

Zupi Portal (eng)
www.drsketchy.com/
SketchySP
eduardo.janiszewski@gmail.com

Old 08 August 2008   #22
Great work !!!*****!

Old 08 August 2008   #23
Thanks alot

I know this workshop is a success atleast pertaining to me because i had no clue wat was Z-brush and i could now use it so confidently at the end of this workshop. Plus the interface used to scare me so much but now i am just loving it

Thanks a ton to AnandPG for this workshop and guiding throughout, teaching me Z-brush.

Old 08 August 2008   #24
Thumbs up

great,good job.

Old 08 August 2008   #25
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread