D'Artiste: Matte Painting 3 - any news?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2009
D'Artiste: Matte Painting 3 - any news?

Hey guy's

do anyone have/hear/know any news about next D'Artiste: Matte Painting 3 book?
It will be nice to do the 3rd one, don't you think so, guy's?

With more pages, tutors erc. :P

09 September 2009
It would be nice to get one accepted, finally. It would nice to share a page with you mate.

Rich

@Rockhoppermedia

09 September 2009
well, they first need to find 3 mentors, so considering the one year delay of the previous volume, I guess we wont see soon the next one...

Artstation || Facebook

09 September 2009
haha, thanks Rich. Me too!

Suirebit - yes(me, you and someone else) hehe..

no-no - I know, but.. they can change the rules a bit. Find out something else for us. Not exactly 3. mentors or so. I don't know, but there are many new ideas, if this is a problem for them to find out 3 mentors and also here are many great matte painters, they can join the book as a mentors anyway..
It will be nice to have 3rd one

So, let's see what comes.

09 September 2009
True, but I guess the previous editions weren't so profitable...this might be one of the possible explanations. Well let's try to see the good side of this - you are part of a rare series of books (only 2 volumes)

Artstation || Facebook

09 September 2009
Originally Posted by Suirebit: True, but I guess the previous editions weren't so profitable...this might be one of the possible explanations. Well let's try to see the good side of this - you are part of a rare series of books (only 2 volumes)

Ha ha, true!

M

09 September 2009
For me, the thing I love the most about the D'Artiste Matte Painting series was the 3 featured writers. I tend to skim the invited artists section of the book because I have seen 95% of it online on these forums anyway. The thing that interests me more is seeing professionals who have never released any of their work into the public domain showcasing their skills and talking about their process.
Although I still kick myself for not submitting an entry for Matte Painting 2, Im in no rush for Matte Painting 3. Better to do it right than to rush out a substandard book.

Nick Marshall
Head of Environments / Generalists
Double Negative :: Vancouver
www.dneg.com

09 September 2009
Hey Space-prayer Still at Dneg ?

09 September 2009
The first two books were great, especially Yusei Uesugi's part. It seems like everyone knows how this type of work is done now, and everyone has their own technique... It would be great if they got some old glass matte painters like Pangrazio or Syd Dutton to show how it used to be done. As modern day matte painters, I think its easy to forget how difficult that must have been.---

09 September 2009
Having seen the first 2 it strikes me these aren't the sort of books they just pump out every few months. They want to make sure they get them right and get the very best work they can as well.

So, degerardo i doubt they'll be announcing a new one in the near future. No worries though, as this just means when it comes we know it will be quality

09 September 2009
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

05 May 2013
Matte Painting 3 has had its Call for Entries open for the past three months. In fact if you have some images to submit, please do so now, as the submission system closes this Friday, the 31st May 2013.

I would hasten to add, we will probably hold the system open over the weekend. But the earlier you upload, the better.

Go here to submit!

http://www.ballisticpublishing.com/...tries/index.php

05 May 2013
Oh wow, this thread was almost four years ago and it was great to see the people looking forward to the next book already. I'm happy to see it finally coming to fruition. Good luck everyone, and have fun putting your creative juices to work!

www.davidluong.net
facebook.com/ackdoh

I teach a DMP Workshop

http://photonicplayground.com art gallery!

07 July 2013
Matte Painting 3 PDFs all sent out for sign-off

Overnight late last night, I emailed out the PDFs to the successful Invited Artists, for sign off.

Not only does this book have a beautiful bunch of spectacular pieces from talented artists, covers some of the most modern matte painting techniques, has three very busy working artists as productive authors and we also have the inclusion of a surprise guest matte painting master.

08 August 2013
vimeo.com/cgsociety

Ballistic Media now has a brand new Vimeo channel: vimeo.com/cgsociety
Make sure you follow their activity feed for any updates!!

Thread Closed share thread