nhmChallenge sorin bechira

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2007
Thank you for your support. This was my very first interior set extension.

@ SpetsK: nothig is 3d here. not for now.
@ Inlakechh: yap, I have some perspective errors, but last night I was so tired, I just couln't see all problems. Now I see them and I'll fix them.
@ everlite: I looked on google for reference images, but not used them. Just trying to be accurate on this one. The fog layer is just a round, soften , 20 % opac brush. I just couldn't help it. It is not flettened, so I can remove it to work without it, but since it was my first set extension on this scale, I lost my patience and tried to make it more atmospheric from now.
@ Cameo: yap. I'll fix them.
@ Lvy00: glad u do.
@ dominikmk: thnk you.

Now comes the real fun part. But still I just can't destroy such a beautiful building. I hope in 1000 years from now this building remains the same.
I will try to go for with the theme and try to find a nice nature integration.

04 April 2007
well done sofar, but i dont think the bent pillars are such a good idea ;P

04 April 2007
I agreee thi s is the best looking so far, with issues you will fix I think, but yeah I can't wait to see some painting on it, go ! go ! go !

04 April 2007
Wow. It's an honour to see Levi Péterfi and Jaime Jasso on my thread. Thank you for your support. I will fix the problems and make sketches for my concept asap.

Just to share with you my ideea: I will try to give it desolated look, but also keep it as an interior scene, not an exterior one. I was thinking to show some signs of another usage of the building also. Let's say that in the future it will serve as an religious building, and have some wierd symbols and signs on it.

04 April 2007
Hi!
Working on step 3 now. Here is a little update. Working on the floor and front pillars. Building will fall slowly

04 April 2007
I just finished to fix the problems on the set extension, shown on page1. The old pic was overwritten.

04 April 2007
Looking very interesting there. I think maybe there's a little too much internal light, might need a few subtle rays in there and the unlit areas darkening a little. More definiation between the shadows and light i think.

- Dave

04 April 2007
I agree with david about the lighting, and I think there's so much haze/fog inside, add rays, volumetric lights, make it look like dust clouds well this is just my opinion , I will look forward , keep it up !

04 April 2007
Thank you for your advices. very helpfull.
Now I managed to make a more refined version of my concept.
As I said earlier, I wanted a desolated l&f, and since the museum is in the middle of London, I was thinking to add some buildings ( but I appologise if there are not actually there in real life.)
More details will be added soon (chains, debris, plants).
Just need some advices on this one:

04 April 2007
Sorin this is looking insane! great job so far. This looks like an almost finished matte painting!

Keep it up

Cheers

04 April 2007
The white buildings in the background remind me of that city from Lord of the Rings. Great stuff so far! I really like the vines/leaves growing on the columns to the righ.t

04 April 2007
I think this is looking great , but you have just some fooliage on the right columns, try to give more balance with that fooliage elements, I mean you're entire image is almost monochromatic , and the green of the plants there give it a nice mood and color variation, try to add some more to the left

04 April 2007
Thank you for your support.
Yes, Jaime, more foliage and debris will be added. And the ruins are rough cut, I will refine the edges to be more precise also.

04 April 2007
Hey that's working really well only suggestion might be nice to add a little more to the left, it's a little boxy at the moment give it a nice wide resolution.

- Dave

04 April 2007
Thanks Dave.
I have two choices on this one:
1. Widen the screen area to 16:9 format (as I did on step3 -wip01) - if I can not manage to do the movie. - step4
2. Leave it in this format to have space for a vertical camera movement in step4

What do you think?

Thread Closed share thread