Intro to matte painting tutorials?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2014
Intro to matte painting tutorials?

Hi -

I've been studying 3D, specifically Maya for a while now and have even worked jobs as a 3D artist. One of my weaknesses is 2D and I'd like to get better at this and also really improve my Photoshop skills.

Any suggestions on where to start with learning matte painting? I've seen some tutorials, but not sure which ones would be best for me. Any advice would be great.

Thank you!

01 January 2014
Heyo There,

Welcome to the forum! You can find more info on where to learn digital matte painting in the Tome of Knowledge sticky thread I created here: http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...f=196&t=1117892

Are you looking for free or paid? It has both options in the forum there. I teach the CGWorkshop one right here in CGtalk.com, but the registration is now closed. There are a few other paid options out there though. You can also look at David Mattingly's book of "Handbook of Digital Matte Painting" as well as my own d'Artiste: Matte Painting 3 book for some tutorials.

www.davidluong.net
facebook.com/ackdoh

I teach a DMP Workshop

http://photonicplayground.com art gallery!

01 January 2014
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread