The Journey Begins Challenge (3D) Entry: y.soner yurtseven

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2006   #61
Hehehhe, kind of funny, all of the people whose works and opinions I really like are picking up on your thread -- which by the way is a real treat. You are truly gifted -- even if you started late I hope you keep up this style in the future -- it is absolutely beautiful, charming, wonderfully imaginative artwork!

Good luck!

Old 05 May 2006   #62
I have concerns with your composition. Right now you have two very strong lines pulling the viewers eye out of your scene. It was not too bad with the vine in the center dividing the scene, but now you also have the puhu mom's foot. I find I have to work very hard to keep looking at all the great characters you have because of these things pulling my eye out and away. Maybe it's just me.

I love your background! Sweet! Adds richness and depth. Your lighting is superb.

So little time. Forget what I say and just keep going!

Old 05 May 2006   #63
Original...
the owl and Simurg is well done models looks nice and have original styles.

Old 05 May 2006   #64
Quick question: the text beneath the Simurg in your concept sketch of it -- is it Turkish? A logo? Does it mean something?? Just curious. Also what does Simurg mean? Is that just an imaginary name or does it mean something in Turkish?

Just wondering...nice sketch too by the way...

Old 05 May 2006   #65
Modeling: modeling steps of the claw

Mother bird puhu's claw.The bird is angry to the characters who are close to the nest where the bemused baby bird is sitting.The claw shows how angry the mother is.

Old 05 May 2006   #66
Modeling: views of the firefly

firefly fat belly.It is a lazy firefly ıt can't fly all the time because of it's fat belly so it is seen in a cage which is shaped as a oil-lamp in the scene.

Old 05 May 2006   #67
Modeling: views of Nosey modeling

Nosey seems while he gets ready his pump arrow towards the mother bird puhu with a charmed expression.

Old 05 May 2006   #68
Eeek! a deadly archer!

Cute characters. Really wonderful.

Old 05 May 2006   #69
Modeling: views of the Greg

Greg's expression is like he gets angry towards the mother bird and try to protect his friends Nosey and Freckle from the mother bird puhu.

Old 05 May 2006   #70
thanks

Thanks FlaminGlow and Matte.Good luck all to you guys.

Old 05 May 2006   #71
Glad to hear from you

Thanks MT Cup again about your opinnions.You're right again about the lines pulling the viewers eye out of the scene.The vine in the center which is dividing the scene will be blured from the top and it will have an effect as it's moving.I will load the view with Simurg coming from behind the tree.Keep look on me and give your opininons.May be I can't change some of the things but it's important to hear from everyone.

Old 05 May 2006   #72
great concept and super modeling. the creature is fantastic. i love it!!!

It has got a great stance and presence. Good bulk u have built on it.

Did u use ZBrush for the trees?

Old 05 May 2006   #73
Simurg

Thanks to you too Oceanbluesky.Me and my fiance were in the same university Fine art faculity.We have education on traditional turkish arts.We worked on motifs and myth.So here some information for you about what you've curious about Simurg.
Simurg, called Anka or Zümrüd-i Anka by Ottomans, is supposed to bring ''good luck''.This bird, believed to be living behind Kaf mountain (a mythical mountain), is pictured as having a large body, multicoloured magnificent tail and strong claws. It is supposed to be strong and rapacious that it can struggle with ''Ejder''.

Simurg is a Persian word composed of two words Si and murg meaning respectively thirty and bird which probably indicate that it carries the features of thirty different birds.

It is also believed that Simurg is created from fire and the sun and it can also speak like a human being. Although simurg was supposed to be a coloured bird, it was also imagined to be green,hence the name Zümrüd-i Anka (emerald-anka) has been given.

This motif extensively used in the decoration of the non religious works.

Old 05 May 2006   #74
This is looking great, I would love to see this as an animated short, you can just imagine the comedic adventures those two guys get upto

Good luck

Old 05 May 2006   #75
Thanks to all Shagpuss and antonymuse.Yes to both of you and I would love to make animations of these characters but I guess it has to wait because I don't have a technology to make an animation.

Thread Closed share thread