The Journey Begins Challenge (3D) Entry: Anatoli Sedelnikov

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2006   #31
hi!

Originally Posted by Anatoli: Hi,
So, thanks all for comments, but I would like to hear more critical remarks about my work.
I would like to use this criticism in other works what to not suppose the same mistakes...
Thanks.
Still I wish to ask, who can knows... When results of competition will be known?

HI!

Great work for the challenge, for the critical remarks, and IMHO, i like a lot the modeling and the texture, if it was me i will only add 1 more plan in the background, behind the second characters. Some village, merge with the sky color, to show that it is far, something like that, also colorated a little the plants and the end of the road, in the sky color too, just a little to make it less flat, but like i said, it's only my opinion.
Anyway you can be proud of your image, it's a good work. I hope to see some of your next works soon.

Keep this way!

Old 06 June 2006   #32
Ok, I got your message that you wanted some comments on your work, thanks... I'll try to help if I can. I like the basic idea of the image, a naughty little gnome running away from something, looks fun... It's also technically a huge job to model 2 characters and so much environment, you did a great job in such a short time.
The thing I would comment on is the lighting mostly I guess, it seems there aren't any very strong shadows anywhere. It's hard to explain without overpainting, if you like you can submit your image to my overpaint thread (see my sig below) and I'll paint on it, show you better what I mean.
Good job though, keep it up.

Old 06 June 2006   #33
Smile

Hallo,
Good modelling, expecialli the people, the only thing it's about the lights, it could be better if you use some kind of Global illumination, it give to all the scene a more realistic smooth look.
It's only a little thing, over all i think that your is a Good job.

Best regards

Old 06 June 2006   #34
Smile Many thanks

Hi,
Many thanks for critical comments from professionals! I liked ideas on:
1. To volumetric illumination.
2. To an additional background with rural small houses.
Thanks, once again.
If you have still a criticism and interesting offers, shall be glad you to listen .

Old 07 July 2006   #35
I congratulate winners!!!

I congratulate winners!!!
Also I hope, that on following competition I can present better work.
Defeat is a good experience.
All - success.

Old 07 July 2006   #36
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread