The Journey Begins Challenge (3D) Entry: Lee Niven

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03 March 2006   #16
Such a cute design of the face from the front. Crits I'd give is that it may look better from the side if the snout was not quite so long and also droopier jowls may match your concept better and give it more personality.


Looking good so far!
 
Old 03 March 2006   #17
Talking

Originally Posted by Womball: There you go! Love the expression too. Um will any of monkeys have bags of poo ammunition? Its a monkey tradition of flinging it.

He feels much better about himself now after the minor surgery you suggested Mr Womball
erm monkey poo LOL erm perhaps :P

Originally Posted by paperclip: Such a cute design of the face from the front. Crits I'd give is that it may look better from the side if the snout was not quite so long and also droopier jowls may match your concept better and give it more personality.


Looking good so far!


Tomorrow night Mr Monkey is having his snout snipped and his jowls pulled down hehe.

Thank you so much for the crits it really helps.
After hours of looking at the same model it gets so hard to spot the flaws.
__________________
My Journey Begins Entry
 
Old 03 March 2006   #18
I like your concept, and your modeling of the head looks good

Keep up the good work!
 
Old 03 March 2006   #19
Lol brilliant i instantly like him! I like the design and the tone of your piece too!
 
Old 03 March 2006   #20
Originally Posted by Vedic kings: I like your concept, and your modeling of the head looks good

Keep up the good work!


Thanks for looking at my thread, Monkey feels much happier now.
I think he was getting lonely in this big forum all alone

Originally Posted by Selina42: Lol brilliant i instantly like him! I like the design and the tone of your piece too!


hehe glad you like him, it makes it all worthwhile
__________________
My Journey Begins Entry
 
Old 03 March 2006   #21
great character. MAybe the chest is a ittle to straight but it has to be seen in perspective.
__________________

Vincent

monstrorama
website
blog
 
Old 03 March 2006   #22
Originally Posted by authentic: great character. MAybe the chest is a ittle to straight but it has to be seen in perspective.


I think I have a small challenge ahead modelling that area due to the proportions of the body.
I want him to be able to walk on his hands like a real monkey but also want to keep his body as small as possible to stay with the original concept.
yet at the same time he has to be able to hold a weapon/shield in a realistic manner :S
Once I get the pesky Helmets out the way I will start fleshing out the torso and maybe if he is good, I will give him some arms and legs
__________________
My Journey Begins Entry
 
Old 03 March 2006   #23
Cool Cool

Hey Niven, good to see you take part in the challenge!

Considering it's your first challenge you're off to a great start! I'm sure the helmet will turn out just fine, Show us more!

__________________
 
Old 03 March 2006   #24
he looks so funny. great char... :-)
__________________
Er zog los um Abenteuer zu suchen, durch deren Überwindung er ewigen Namen und Ruhm gewinnen würde.
 
Old 03 March 2006   #25
Originally Posted by M477: Hey Niven, good to see you take part in the challenge!

Considering it's your first challenge you're off to a great start! I'm sure the helmet will turn out just fine, Show us more!


Cheers m8,
I'm sure with your guidance I will get there in the end.
The Monkey will have a Helmet before nightfall YARR!


Originally Posted by mac_andre: he looks so funny. great char... :-)

Thank you sir.
Btw I have your Hamster render on my desktop
Great little character you have made.
__________________
My Journey Begins Entry
 
Old 03 March 2006   #26
I'm sorry I said chest, i wanted to say chin. I don't have any problem with chest...You know english and me...


Originally Posted by Womgoose: I think I have a small challenge ahead modelling that area due to the proportions of the body.
I want him to be able to walk on his hands like a real monkey but also want to keep his body as small as possible to stay with the original concept.
yet at the same time he has to be able to hold a weapon/shield in a realistic manner :S
Once I get the pesky Helmets out the way I will start fleshing out the torso and maybe if he is good, I will give him some arms and legs
__________________

Vincent

monstrorama
website
blog
 
Old 03 March 2006   #27
Ah yeah the chin does look very wrong.

In fact, now you mention it, he doesn't really have one.
When I get home I'll add a small chin and see what he looks like.
If he doesn't suit a physical chin, I will remodel the area so that at the very least, it isn't as flat.

Thanks
__________________
My Journey Begins Entry
 
Old 03 March 2006   #28
Monkeys rule!
I think that he should have a chin, but I am quite partial to his square head.
Nice work Womgoose.
__________________
Hell, there are no rules here-- we're trying to accomplish something.
-- Thomas A. Edison

WIP-Myron Brophy
 
Old 03 March 2006   #29
Originally Posted by Bonzodogboy: Monkeys rule!
I think that he should have a chin, but I am quite partial to his square head.
Nice work Womgoose.


Thanks Bonzodog.
With luck he will have a chin tonight
I'm just rendering out a shot of the helmet so I will post that soon.
It took a while and it's not perfect but... phew I'm happy to have it done
__________________
My Journey Begins Entry
 
Old 03 March 2006   #30
Modeling: Base Helmet Model



Phew...
The base Helmet model is roughed out.
There are lots of problem areas that need sorting but I'm just glad to get it 'almost' done :)
__________________
My Journey Begins Entry
 
Thread Closed share thread



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
CGSociety
Society of Digital Artists
www.cgsociety.org

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2006,
Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Minimize Ads
Forum Jump
Miscellaneous

All times are GMT. The time now is 01:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.