The Journey Begins Challenge (3D) Entry: Steven Bateman

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2006
wow awesome character i can't wait to see it colored and with the rest of the body =)

03 March 2006
I really like the mesh. Very clean, love the lines and shapes. I think you have a spectacular style here.

03 March 2006
Your character looks real cool, it flows great .

03 March 2006
Wow nice model Handlebar, very slick! I didnt realize you had joined the contest until just now. I am latched on now. Good luck, cheers.

03 March 2006
Modeling: chicken neck

Nearly done with the main part of the head, started on his neck, just rough atm to get a sence for things. Looks a bit odd out of context not being attached to a body an all, but all will make sence when it's attached, here's hopeing.

03 March 2006
Shakes Thanks buddy, glad you like Angus. With regards to textures i'm toying with the idea of haveing the center of focus realisticly textured bleading out to a black and white line drawing thats rendered with a toon shader. I just want to do something different, will have to make a few tests first before i commit.

WhisperWithin Glad you like Angus, thanks for the kind words

se7enthcin Thanks for the comments, its a style i've been working towards for a while now. Glad you like it.

DragonTamerThanks, its taken a while to work out the flow of this character as everything is distorded, but i am enjoying the process.

Soapy Glad to have you onboard Soapy I hope to see you back in action soon

03 March 2006
nutty stuff handlebar! what a great mesh..love the way it's got this melting look to it..really good. Your texture idea sounds interesting.look forward to it!

03 March 2006
haha

very interesting character...

03 March 2006
Post Effects and Compositing: first comp

Ditched the chicken neck idea (note to self 'stick to plan and don't stay up till 3 in the morning thinking you've got a good idea to change things')

03 March 2006
shakes Thanks for your support buddy, it's keeping me goin' Still unsure how i'm gonna texture this, have a lot of ideas but i think i'll sit in my sketchbook for a while and doodle my brain into gear.

stavrevstefan glad you liked it

03 March 2006
looking just fabulous handlebar..it'll be sweet- don't you worry! the leaden melting look-I'm glad you've carried it through to his arms too-you really sense what he's feeling..oh my gaaaaaawd!

03 March 2006
wow .. O_o
realy greet modeling ... i like your details ...
keep up thegood work man ^_^

03 March 2006
Shakes Thanks again buddy, i'm glad you like the overal demeanour of this character. Expressions and emotive content is what interests me in CG, and is always in the forefront of me noggin' when i model.

maxspider3000 Thanks for your comment. Just checked out your gallery, your work is awesome, fantastic style.

03 March 2006
I think that is my desk after a couple weeks of the cgtalk contest. hahah. I know that feeling of working into the night then realizing it was all for not. But I sort of liked the chicken neck myself, oh well. Looking good!

03 March 2006
Nice work friend. I cannot wait to see more!

Thread Closed share thread