The Journey Begins Challenge (3D) Entry: Andrzej Sykut

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2006   #31
I really like your sculpt of the jelly. Very nice. Very creative details and it "feels" like it has weight. Look forward to seeing future updates.

j

Old 03 March 2006   #32
with the right lighting and textures you entry will be great. good look to you. i love your concept... ;-)

Old 03 March 2006   #33
Modeling: more 3d

Some more playing around with the sac. This is actually a zbrushed model, rendered straight away in c4d. There's enough subdivisions for some finer detail - although i'm not sure it's even needed, so it may come later. Now on to the pod and tentacles.

Old 03 March 2006   #34
Excelent! Your concept sketches look great, and the modeling follows the lead. This is bookmarked!

Old 03 March 2006   #35
Not your typical scene. I really like your approach to the journey begins. I think the end result will be beautiful!

Old 03 March 2006   #36
I love your sketches. Just pls keep that ambience in 3D. Only thing that worries me, is that there is no character visible. And it's in chalenge requirements afaik. Or is that nice pink thing a character?

Old 03 March 2006   #37
Don't worry, the characters of some kind will be prresent - probably the crew of the whole thing. I didn't put them on the sketch because i'm not yet sure what they will be doing . And that pink thing is alive

Old 03 March 2006   #38
Ok then - waiting for next WIPs. Good luck.

Old 03 March 2006   #39
It(s just the start and that's already beautiful....Cool.

Vincent

monstrorama
website
blog

Old 03 March 2006   #40
Talking

keep rocking

Old 03 March 2006   #41
hi Andrzej, your concept sketches look awsome the world is odd and strange and the feeling i got when looking to sketch is realy a huge world from corals as you said this is one of my favourites i like the colors a lot,image is challenge in effects field i mean it well be a challenge creating the full lighting and glowing effects in it, very nice sketch and great modeling skills fits exactly to what sketch tells, make it fantastic and i'm sure it will dig so hard to win this competition.

Old 03 March 2006   #42
yay, azazel is there! great to see you participating. I like this scene very much, just the kind of thing I love (big organic stuff ). This flying physalia looks great so far. There's much fun to have there with translucency keeping an eye on this thread.

Old 03 March 2006   #43
Looking really nice , Can't wait to see more

Old 03 March 2006   #44
Nice idea&model.Will you change the shader of this stuff in final picture?

Old 03 March 2006   #45
Wow, this looks great.

Good luck.

Russel

Thread Closed share thread