The Journey Begins Challenge (3D) Entry: Nicolas Stanek

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2006
Modeling: The Banyan

The baniyan tree modeling is almost complete. The Iguana is ready to be installed on the statue/Totem.

05 May 2006
Wow Nicolas that Monk looks fantastic! Really love the rich hues of his cloak. Nice use of the SSS Shader too. Looking forward to seeing the igunana comped in...

Good luck!

05 May 2006
Hey thanks Oceanbluesky!
Well the poor guy is about to go for a 17 years walk to India, and he doesnt even have a single pocket on his jacket.... hmmmm hold on...

05 May 2006
Modeling: Monks accesories (starting)

Hi, Ill just throw a whole bunch of stuff on him and reuse the props on the other monks later if I can get to clone him... worked mainly on his clothings, but it's time to move on.... so much texturing left to do!

Last edited by lostcat : 05 May 2006 at 06:43 AM.

05 May 2006
Modeling: Environment modelling

I finally sit the Iguana in place. I also worked a lot on the grass, the falls, the clouds and the pine tree. Etc. I should start texturing the front crags and the valley with some real painted textured asap...times fly!

05 May 2006
The background looks fantastic! However the iguana kind of looks like a rock. His color is too close to that of the pedestal orb he is on. Maybe a touch of rim lighting would help to pop him out.

05 May 2006
Thanks Whomball and yeah, she needs another skin, with more spec and bumps... For the final these characters will cover much more space so I really need to start the texturing factory and get some zbrushing/paintin goin and add some more depth to this...

05 May 2006
Also I kind of like the taller grass too. Looks more expressive to me. But that's just my opinion. You may want to all try giving the iguana some emittance.

05 May 2006
hmmm, I must admit I was feeling rather happy with the grass, but since you mentioned it, now it feels like it was cultivated, like too healthy... let me had some more wildness in it and some long and crying dying grass...

Last edited by lostcat : 05 May 2006 at 03:38 PM.

05 May 2006
Modeling: Xuanzang

Hello out there!
I completed his clothes and I gave him a little bag, a case to carry his scripts and a water bottle. I promise it's the last time you see him in his binding pose, and textures are coming...

Last edited by lostcat : 05 May 2006 at 06:13 AM.

05 May 2006
i love all of your models , really amazing

05 May 2006
Red face

Hey Thanks kreuz, Im glad you like it!
Best luck !

05 May 2006
Shading (Textured and lit): a tiger on the branch

Here Im placing the tiger on the banyan. Im having trouble rendering paintFX with fur ? Like one will prevent the other to render (maya renderer), very frustrating...Or more probably, Im doing something wrong that I can really spot

...investigating...

05 May 2006
Shading (Textured and lit): Xuan Textured

Ive basically completed the textures for his head, body and accessories, Ill left the cloack for later, now it's gonna be tight with the deadline as how much more detail I will decide to put in....For the model of Xuanzang, I "quickly" deformed the polygon meshes using FBIK and skin weighting than I sculpt-deformeded the result in Zb to pumped back up some of the articulation distortion. Gave him a stick (not textured yet)...comments are welcome

05 May 2006
Nice modeling and texturing. I also like his design. His hands seem a little "self-illuminated" though. (i.e. loss of shading)

Thread Closed share thread