The Journey Begins Challenge (3D) Entry: Stéphane Chasseloup

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2006   #61
he looks great..such a cute and original bug!

Old 04 April 2006   #62
your models are great! really fun and engaging, creative, and cool -- but, the bumps you've placed on them are a bit distracting (they could vary more in size and placement) and the colors you're using are completely unappealing...I'm being honest, because your base models have so much potential...your colors look washed out (unintentionally)...your character's eyes seem to have cataracts...(in my humble opinion) they could use a gloss, a hit of light...there is a great tutorial on creating eyes in this thread: http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=325146 hope you can use the same technique in your software....good luck (don't mean to be negative at all...the base model shapes and expressions are first-rate, very very good and exciting)...just an opinion...your character's expressions are absolutely wonderful -- that's why I am so shocked to see these colors good luck

Old 04 April 2006   #63
Modeling: Some composition

A little composition made in photoshop with some bugs, before continuying texturing the others friends of those ones... probabely the final image will be different from this 3D-sketch.. well.. hope to have time ;)

Old 04 April 2006   #64
Shading (Textured and lit): toctoc

try to find a posture for those 2 bugs.

Old 04 April 2006   #65
The render is jawdropping and I'm having a hard time convincing myself that those bugs are not real
I assume the branch/leaf is a photo no?

It is literally perfect!

Old 04 April 2006   #66
Man i've seen you're stuff before, this one is very unique and different, very cool, it looks very rich already. really wonderful characters and excellent modelling anf texturing. This is probably my favourate atm. Can't wait to see more!!

Old 04 April 2006   #67
oh ~ very nice render ~I like the new pose ~!

Old 04 April 2006   #68
Cool great.

great work.
i like your characters very much!
nice concept!
looking for more... .. .

Old 04 April 2006   #69
Hey sorry I missed your work man, it looks so good! I like your character designs a lot. It seems you're alomost over with it! so good luck with the judging!

EON
My journey entry
Spectacular
Master and Servant

Old 04 April 2006   #70
Very very interssant work you made. Like the colors and lighting. But I find it a bit confused. The action is not really clear.

Vincent

monstrorama
website
blog

Old 04 April 2006   #71
Amazing work man, actually more than amazing, the render is pixar-like images, brilliant work keep it comming i recommend you add motion blur to wings.

Last edited by FlaminGlow : 04 April 2006 at 09:02 AM.

Old 04 April 2006   #72
Arrow

Ha ha exellent I love those bugs

Great work so far I wish you good luck and alot of fun in doing this

Old 04 April 2006   #73
Womgoose: it ´s all 3D exept the backround, painted in photoshop, the trunk-branches are modeled in Zbrush, imported in Max and painted in Deep-paint.

authentic: You are right, I´m not sure yet what will be the final scene... perhaps the "big-bug" will be seating on a cart.. or walking and talking with other bug I will add later... don´t know yet... but yes it´s sure.. for the moment it look like a little confuse

Hope to upload more next...

Old 04 April 2006   #74
great modeling texturing and lightning, the pose are some how strange.. you cant really say that you understand the poses of the bugs clearly from this pic.. it takes some concentration to really see..

keep up the great work

Old 04 April 2006   #75
Shading (Textured and lit): new-compo

Add a bug and try a new composition.

Thread Closed share thread