The Journey Begins Challenge (3D) Entry: Sergey Kolesov

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2006   #46
!

Da yj... sereznaya myta tyt y tebia.) good work!!!

Old 04 April 2006   #47
Funny concepts! I also like the third concept you posted. Good start for those wheels. Hope you get to finish this in the time remaining.

Old 04 April 2006   #48
Good start, I'm glad you chose the dog concept you should go for the third one. Looking forward for more.

Old 04 April 2006   #49
nice ideas, keep it up till now all is great no critiques.

Old 04 April 2006   #50
Thumbs up

Very interesting sketch. Good luck

Old 04 April 2006   #51
Modeling: The Rover

Thanks to all!
Now Im working on rover, and textures....
By th way, I prefered the concept without dog...

Old 05 May 2006   #52
Modeling: Working on rover

just the lower part of the rover...

Old 05 May 2006   #53
Modeling: Adding cords

Any suggestions?...

Old 05 May 2006   #54
Идея мне нравиться. Моделинг тоже. Ну наверное пыли надо будет добавить.
А где пёс будет сидеть?

Old 05 May 2006   #55
Deser: I've stoped on first concept (without dog). The reason - I want the picture look realistic, not comic... Thanks a lot!

Old 05 May 2006   #56
Modeling: the rooooof

Here is the rover with sun panels ( or batteries, I dont know how it should be in English). I dont sure will be the top part of panels visible in the final composition... But, anyway, I did it, cause anything may change...

Old 05 May 2006   #57
Nice update. Your construction got more cosmic appearance.
Keep on! Good Luck.

Old 05 May 2006   #58
Modeling: kamera is ready

Hi!
Here is some update...
I've made the Logo of my project. Check it. And please tell me if the phrase "extraterrastrial life is somewhere beside" is incorrect.
Thanks!

Old 05 May 2006   #59
"extraterrastrial life is somewhere beside"

= "extraterrestrial life is nearby" or "extraterrestrial life nearby"

or "extraterrestrial life is somewhere close"

or maybe "extraterrestrial life is somewhere beside me" or just "beside me"

or ET is breathing down my cold gray neck

"sun panels" is fine, "solar panels" is better..."sun panels" makes you sound like an exotic Russian engineer, a bit different and could be cool but unsure if this is what you are after...

Your English is great, no worries at all...don't mean to be an uptight jerk...but since you asked for suggestions...

Great modeling too. Can I ask, why would you create a model of a craft which landed on Mars several years ago and for which there is already ample professional animation made directly from JPL blueprints??? I just can't understand why you would spend your time on this when there are half a dozen vehicles planned for future Mars missions -- most which do not have artists assisting them. These future missions would pay you (eventually) to repurose work created in this Challenge.

These guys can put you in touch with teams of engineers who would like an artist to create visualizations for their forthcoming projects: http://www.marssociety.com/

There are many future projects as exciting as the one you are working on: Mars Polar Lander, Sample Return Mission, etc. I can't help but think your talent is going to waste recreating images made by persons who were able to use far more precise information and have already marketed this work for a rover which is nearing the end of its mission. Anyhow, just trying to be helpful....

Last edited by oceanbluesky : 08 August 2006 at 08:30 PM.

Old 05 May 2006   #60
oceanbluesky: Thanks a lot!
I think
"extraterrastrial life is nearby" - sounds very good! Also thanks for "solar panels"!

As for model - it is too late to change something... I have tried to contact engineers, following your advice... but there were no reply...
This is not exact copy of mars rovers. There are some details that I have made just for my future composition. For example - camera is situated on the back (not in front of the rover) so that characters have a place to sit...
I see the problem with rover, that you have described, but aliens suppose to be the main characters of the final image, and I think that stolen old model of rover even better...
Anyway thanks a lot!!! for your help!

Thread Closed share thread